Obama's Tax Plan

Settle down. I wouldn't go that far.

HAHAHA, well you're gonna hate me but here comes another McDonalds story.
I worked with some seniors at McDonalds, actually really just senior ladies. All of them had husbands working, I think most were working because it was the only job they had forever and just knew the faces of customers and what have you so they never bothered to quit.

I've seen plenty of poor seniors (by income) but a lot of their generation bought houses cheap and still live in them, so sure they might not make a lot in income but their wealth is higher than most expect (if they ever got to needing it).

Most seniors I know work and when they can't get work, stand on the side of the road with signs begging for money, because if they didn't do that, they'd have to eat dog food.

Hey, pulling stuff out of my ass and pretending it means anything is fun!

It's easier than thinking, you were right Dano! Thanks.

Unlike you who probably just went from university to a professional job, I've done plenty of shit jobs and knew a lot of seniors
I've seen a few senior guy bums who are drunks begging for change for booze but somehow I don't think Obama's tax cut plan will affect them...

Unlike you who probably just went from university to a professional job, I've done plenty of shit jobs and knew a lot of seniors
I've seen a few senior guy bums who are drunks begging for change for booze but somehow I don't think Obama's tax cut plan will affect them...

Who cares what you've seen.

Or what I've seen.

It's irrelevant.

If you put money in stocks it's used to grow the company.

If you put money in bonds it's given to the government, who then has more money to spend on it's various projects.

The only way you could really lock money out of the economy would be to burn it, which wouldn't destroy anything anyway. It would cause slight deflation which would simply make everyone in the US but you slightly rich.

On the above, in order...

1) Your first post is wrong. If you go out an buy GE stock right now, that money does not go to GE. It goes to the person who sold you the stock.

2) If you are referring to Treasury bonds or certain munis, then you are correct.

3) Is wrong. You can take money out of the economy by investing it in foreign economies.

1) Your first post is wrong. If you go out an buy GE stock right now, that money does not go to GE. It goes to the person who sold you the stock.

2) If you are referring to Treasury bonds or certain munis, then you are correct.

3) Is wrong. You can take money out of the economy by investing it in foreign economies.

Absolutely.

Rich Liberals exposure to poverty is almost always minimal, it's why they are full of guilt about it and pretend that they need a saviour.

I'm glad I went through it, almost all people I knew who were poor (aside from new immigrants) had next to no desire to do better for themselves. Which is fine, some people are happy without having much, they don't need to be saved from themselves.

Rich Liberals exposure to poverty is almost always minimal, it's why they are full of guilt about it and pretend that they need a saviour.

I'm glad I went through it, almost all people I knew who were poor (aside from new immigrants) had next to no desire to do better for themselves. Which is fine, some people are happy without having much, they don't need to be saved from themselves.

Since I'm not a "rich liberal", I know just how full of shit your entire premise is.

Who cares what you've seen.

Or what I've seen.

It's irrelevant.

You're such a hypocrite, you've given tons of stories of people you've known, and come to think of it who here hasn't?
People correlate anecdotal stories to their own experience and observations, it's certainly relevant, not highly so, but somewhat none the less.

Since I'm not a "rich liberal", I know just how full of shit your entire premise is.

Bullshit, you work a good job (doing copyright work). If you're not rich it's because you spend a lot, your income isn't low doing that line of work.

Danectodal "evidence".

Fact is, more & more seniors are having to work well past retirement age....

Fact is, more and more seniors are living longer. The retirement age when SS was first created was 65. Average life expectancy was 66. Now retirement age is 65. Average life expectancy is nearing 80. Hmmm...

Fact is, more and more seniors are living longer. The retirement age when SS was first created was 65. Average life expectancy was 66. Now retirement age is 65. Average life expectancy is nearing 80. Hmmm...

That's all true, but there is more to the story. The cost of living for seniors is up, up, up, and many simply can't afford to retire.

The only argument here is that the idea of a tax cut for people in this age group is not that loopy; they're not all golfing at the country clubs...

Investing money in foreign countries doesn't take money out of THE ECONOMY. THE ECONOMY is international, and the money you put in foreign economies comes back anyway. That's nationalist bullshit.

Well, I'm sure seniors love that idea. But what about people in my position. If you're just starting out and you aren't at the poverty level you're getting screwed on multiple levels

#1) Older homeowners are paying mortgages on homes that they bought years ago - you can't even compare payments unless a person's refinanced. I'm already paying like 3 times what they are paying for their homes.

#2) I'm paying ~7% for a government annuity/insurance that I'm likely never going to see a penny of which seniors today can benefit from.

#3) We're not operating on surplus anymore as you know republicans have been in office, which means that the shortfalls from that cut is going to have to be found somewhere. And yes, it will likely come from more than just he top 1% of earners. I think its foolish to believe otherwise.

In short, I'm paying for seniors today's retirement, I have less savings for myself in the future, in addition to having to pay 3X what they are paying for their homes. Great for seniors, not so great for people just starting out.

Back