Of what religion are you?

What's your religion?

• Atheism

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Agnostiscim (Just admit it! You're atheist-lights!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Christian

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mormon

• Muslim

• Non-affiliated (a synonym for agnostic, but some people just like to be pedantic and will complain

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Scientoligist (Give Xenu my respects)

• Jewish (Hey Adam)

• Wiccan

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • None of the Above

• Pastafarian (Have you Been Touched by his Noodly Goodness?)

• Total voters
Well, they are here, they just don't seem to press you to convert there, WM. Maybe I'll give them a nudge or two and talk about your Satanic upbringing.

:D

I, of course, am a Mihayana Buddhist. As if this is some news to most on this site.

Please. I grew up Christian until I was 15. I went to a missionary baptist (MISSIONARY BAPTIST!) church. It's just in my genes. I never really believed it, I only did it for acceptance. I still haven't really told my parents. My mom once asked me if I didn't believe in God, I said "No, I don't". She looked as if she was about to cry and yelled "I'M GOING TO TELL YOUR FATHER!" So I just told her I was joking. Didn't want to break her heart.

Please. I grew up Christian until I was 15. I went to a missionary baptist (MISSIONARY BAPTIST!) church. It's just in my genes. I never really believed it, I only did it for acceptance. I still haven't really told my parents. My mom once asked me if I didn't believe in God, I said "No, I don't". She looked as if she was about to cry and yelled "I'M GOING TO TELL YOUR FATHER!" So I just told her I was joking. Didn't want to break her heart.

If she did she might be really suprised when he told her he did not believe either....
You never know. It is suicidal in many areas of life in america to admit you do not believe in God.

Pedantic schemantic.
Atheism is not a religion it is abscence of religion.
Kinda like saying a vacuum has an atmosphere.

There isn't any Noahide religion either.

Well, they are here, they just don't seem to press you to convert there, WM. Maybe I'll give them a nudge or two and talk about your Satanic upbringing.

:D

I, of course, am a Mihayana Buddhist. As if this is some news to most on this site.

I'm non-denominational Prodestant. I'm lucky if I make it to church twice a year.

Pedantic schemantic.

US, if I make a poll about religion, and put "atheism" as one of the option, could you please just assume I'm talking about religious views?

I told my mother when I was 12 or so. I was still forced to go to the Pentacostal Church of her choice. They used to use me as an example. They'd ask me to bring in my "Satanic" records so they could teach about how evil they (and I by association) were. As if most of the kids there didn't own many of the same stuff. Most were not believers either, they just were too wimpy to admit it.

I was angry for a long time about many of the things that church put me through. It was just an ordeal for a kid who was not a believer, but the worst stuff was when I was young. The movies they'd show us. The fear they built into us, was just plain wrong.

Atheism be-damned, my affiliation don't appear on here neither. I canna' respond to yer poll cap'n.

"Not affiliated" seems a suitable replacement for none of the above. Most pollsters usually choose not to put "none of the above" in the options because it pretty much always wins, usually on pedantic grounds.

I told my mother when I was 12 or so. I was still forced to go to the Pentacostal Church of her choice. They used to use me as an example. They'd ask me to bring in my "Satanic" records so they could teach about how evil they (and I by association) were. As if most of the kids there didn't own many of the same stuff. Most were not believers either, they just were too wimpy to admit it.

I was angry for a long time about many of the things that church put me through. It was just an ordeal for a kid who was not a believer, but the worst stuff was when I was young. The movies they'd show us. The fear they built into us, was just plain wrong.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm not certain which church is more extreme, but I'm pretty certain that whenever you grew up churches in general were slightly more conservative.

Pedantic schemantic.

It depends there are two types. The Atheist (big "A") believes everybody should think as they do and become evangelists for their cause. They constantly berate and work to 'convert' anybody of any belief system at all if they run into them. The atheist (small "a") is just somebody who doesn't believe and doesn't care if you do other than a small annoyance with people who think the world is about 10,000 years old.

The big "A" people will often gather to promote their agenda. Take classes on how to best put accross and thus convince others of the genuinness of their belief system. In short, they make it a religion.

It depends there are two types. The Atheist (big "A") believes everybody should think as they do and become evangelists for their cause. They constantly berate and work to 'convert' anybody of any belief system at all if they run into them. The atheist (small "a") is just somebody who doesn't believe and doesn't care if you do other than a small annoyance with people who think the world is about 10,000 years old.

Which is why I usually think agnostics are just atheists who are scared to be associated with the Dawkanites, who aren't very common at all, really.

The big "A" people will often gather to promote their agenda. Take classes on how to best put accross and thus convince others of the genuinness of their belief system. In short, they make it a religion.

I am the small a if you put it that way.
the big A's as you say gather in groups to proseletise their not faith so I guess it coule be viewed as a religion.
Myself i believe the here and now is all we have and there is not master plan or creater. But if others need the comofort of supersticion they are welcome to it as long as they do not impact me. Unfortunately those poor persecuted christians often persecute others who do not believe as they do. even unto other christian sects.

Last edited:
Back