Oprah for Prez?

I do not pay much attention to pop culture and have to plead ignorance, what is the "All Black Awards"?

I might be wrong about this, but I do not think the Democratic party has much appetite for putting movie and pop culture stars at the top of a ticket. That seems to be a Republican thing, if the intellectual lightweights "Bedtime for Bonzo" Ronnie, Governor Terminator, and Reality TV Star Trump are any indication.

In defense of Oprah, I would never put here in the intellectual lightweight category as those Republican dudes. She obviously is highly articulate, keen minded, well read, empathetic, and a world-class business person. Basically, everything Donald J. Trump is not.

She's black and female. Two of the many unrelated to the job "qualifications" Democrats have used in the past to pick candidates.

Who is? Just being facetious. Oprah? Really?

Hey it's a possibility Oprah is extremely popular and trusted, couple that with a large percentage of voters vote their feelings rather than looking at the stances on the issues. Then there are those who would vote to for the first black woman president just like they did when they elected the first black president. So it is a distinct possibility.

Last edited:
She should stick with eating her mashed potatoes. We don't need another black/white divider.
Oprah is hardly a black/white divider, if you notice her audiences are predominately white, what a dishonest statement to make.

Oprah is hardly a black/white divider, if you notice her audiences are predominately white, what a dishonest statement to make.
I she still on TV?
Were she to run for president, it would definitely be a race defined by race and gender. You don't disagree with that, do you?

I she still on TV?
Were she to run for president, it would definitely be a race defined by race and gender. You don't disagree with that, do you?
It will be a race of a capable person running against Trump, time to look past race and gender.

I think I already posted this before in an article but I guarantee the next Democrat nominee will be a woman and a minority. Oprah does hit both marks.

It will be a race of a capable person running against Trump, time to look past race and gender.
She doesn't look past race and gender. That was her entire speech last evening, wasn't it?
It would be all about nothing else but race and gender.

She doesn't look past race and gender. That was her entire speech last evening, wasn't it?
It would be all about nothing else but race and gender.
This was the theme of the awards, you know, all the women wearing black, so, her focus was on this theme, if she runs, she will make the focus of her campaign on policy. She, unlike Trump, made her billions from nothing. She is brilliant, a true American success story. Unlike Trump, she brings people together.

i guarantee you race and gender are what democrats will be running on in 2020. They should have learned their lesson with clinton but they didnt. Instead they blame it on russia.

This was the theme of the awards, you know, all the women wearing black, so, her focus was on this theme, if she runs, she will make the focus of her campaign on policy. She, unlike Trump, made her billions from nothing. She is brilliant, a true American success story. Unlike Trump, she brings people together.

PS: when a black woman talks about her life at an award ceremony, she will talk about being black and a woman, don’t know how you can get around it, don’t know why you would want to avoid it or ignore it.

It was all about race and gender. And that's what she'd run on.
She is a success story.
But, a presidential run would be be all about race and gender. And her favorite things (so affordable :) She should go for it. She couldn't do work than Hillary, who just had the gender theme and that didn't go too well.

Back