Our for-profit government

Thanks for the strong language about this issue.

The interest rates thing was a big sham. It's only on the Stafford-type loans, which cap at $5K. it's not for the vast majority of student loan debt.

Saving millions of students thousands of dollars in debt and eliminating the bulk of the profit the government would have otherwise received is a big sham? OK. And the interest rate cuts apply to subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford loans for graduate and undergraduate students and PLUS loans (for parents and graduate students). The only federal loan program that it didn't affect is the Perkins Loan, which has a fixed interest rate of 5% and which did not increase in July.

Saving millions of students thousands of dollars in debt and eliminating the bulk of the profit the government would have otherwise received is a big sham? OK. And the interest rate cuts apply to subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford loans for graduate and undergraduate students and PLUS loans (for parents and graduate students). The only federal loan program that it didn't affect is the Perkins Loan, which has a fixed interest rate of 5% and which did not increase in July.

The bolded is not factually correct - at all.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

The profit the gov't will earn - even AFTER that wonderful bill - still puts it in the top 20 companies in the world when it comes to earning.

how many on the right here admitt there are reasons why some things should be run by the government without profit as a motive?

how many on the right here admitt there are reasons why some things should be run by the government without profit as a motive?

I would expect all of them....on the other hand, we don't expect them to run at a loss like the liberals insist either.......

I would expect all of them....on the other hand, we don't expect them to run at a loss like the liberals insist either.......

How do you run welfare at a profit?

How do you fix roads and bridges at a profit?

Do you want to pay taxes on your car(s) that do damage to the roads, if you're an 18 wheel Trucker...do you want your taxes to go skyrocketing because their heavy loads do much more damage than passenger cars? How about tolls on every road? Think those costs won't be passed on to the customer of the trucker...and in turn passed down to the consumer?

How do you run welfare at a profit?

How do you fix roads and bridges at a profit?

Do you want to pay taxes on your car(s) that do damage to the roads, if you're an 18 wheel Trucker...do you want your taxes to go skyrocketing because their heavy loads do much more damage than passenger cars? How about tolls on every road? Think those costs won't be passed on to the customer of the trucker...and in turn passed down to the consumer?

by not spending more than you take in....gosh, that was obvious...

I am sick of hearing about it, I feel like I am bearing the cross! STFU already. That's why I had to use IA, it's like having a poodle biting my ankles. It reminds me of my late aunt's poodle. That thing drove me nuts.

You gotta applaud its persistence. :0)

I think I'll call you two "Mercedes and the 'g-word'".

It sounds like a great old cop show or something.

Feel free to call me anything you choose. :0)

I think I'll call you 'Busted.'

It's a cop show about a fraud motherfucker being caught with his pants down .. and his sheet on. :0)

Be my guest .. call me anytime you feel froggy. :0)

Feel free to call me anything you choose. :0)

I think I'll call you 'Busted.'

It's a cop show about a fraud motherfucker being caught with his pants down .. and his sheet on. :0)

Be my guest .. call me anytime you feel froggy. :0)

"Fraud"...where have I heard that before?

Sure thing, Mercedes. Betchya wish you were actually clever.

Back