Oxygen

domer76

Verified User
I’ve been guilty of this in the past, so I am speaking from experience.

For the reasonable people on this forum. You know, the reasonably sane ones, regardless of your political leaning, left or right.

I’d urge all of you to quit giving oxygen to the crazies, to the haters, to those who make this forum toxic. I really don’t really have to list them. We know who they are.

They exist to troll. To elicit a response. Are they really worth your time? Do they really deserve a response?

The best thing to do to retain any semblance of integrity here is to ignore them and move on.

But first, try to work on yourself. I’m trying to do that, as well.

...They exist to troll. To elicit a response. Are they really worth your time? Do they really deserve a response?

The best thing to do to retain any semblance of integrity here is to ignore them and move on...

This and other anonymous political forums would die if all the trolls were ignored.

FWIW, it's fun to troll the trolls.

On a related point: I support body cams, as do most police. Most people react differently when they know they are being recorded. Same goes for when people's real names and addresses are used online when conversing with others.

For the reasonable people on this forum. You know, the reasonably sane ones, regardless of your political leaning, left or right.

I’d urge all of you to quit giving oxygen to the crazies, to the haters, to those who make this forum toxic. I really don’t really have to list them. We know who they are.

They exist to troll. To elicit a response. Are they really worth your time? Do they really deserve a response?

The best thing to do to retain any semblance of integrity here is to ignore them and move on.

Then just participate in a forum where trolling is not allowed.
I have to agree with Dutch here.

Tell me how that works out for you. I'm eager to see the result of this experiment.

A few clever trolls is good. But many retarded trolls? That can destroy a forum. I've seen it happen.

Did you just get out of rehab?

I have a completely different take on the issue.
This is the internet, which I intuitively disrespect as a populist tool.
Therefore, when in Rome.....

That requires two things; a mature, intelligent adult and a cultural upbringing that supports it.

I don't know how often shaming works on trolls, but it's a fact that internet posters can have their behavior modified through shame techniques.

We spent years telling Iraq War supporters their war was a dumbass idea. It took many years, but eventually they began denying they had ever supported the war; even that they supposedly opposed it.

Back