APP - Pass Kennedy Care now!

For God's sake, it was a Portuguese Water Dog! "Splash" is perfectly fitting, or are you now going to say he should have gotten a spaniel instead to show his respect?
Again, the type of dog matters not. It shows a huge measure of disconnect and a lack of empathy that made me respect the man less. There was a large portion of this, it showed a pattern. His attempting to take the moral high ground about a "two tier justice" in the US when Ford pardoned Nixon was another moment that was astoundingly hypocritical. His every free breath was a testament to which tier he resided in...

For the place he created for himself in history he merits a portion of my respect, but for all other things I believe him to be totally lacking in empathy, obsessed with power to the point he could not even see his own hypocrisy, and lacking in all introspection.

Repeating what type of dog it is doesn't change that any such word would remind me of what was supposedly "haunting" me for the rest of my life (and what would for any normal person).

Your comment that libs want people to forget about MJ is just silly. Are you saying that passing a health care bill and naming it after the person who pushed for it so many years is somehow disrespecting MJ's memory? I don't follow your logic on that.

I'm not going to say this again: NOBODY is defending Kennedy for his actions that night. If you persist in thinking that, it's more a reflection on you than on those you're criticizing.

just look at your posts.....you visibly upset that anyone should mention mary jo....you've made numerous posts detailing how it bothers you and that basically we should forget mary jo and instead just focus on all kennedy's "good stuff".....

sad really

Again, what's your point, other than sh*t-stirring? Nobody condoned Ted's actions. He got off with a slap on the wrist because he came from a wealthy, prominent family. That is absolutely reprehensible and we all agree it is. If somebody was making excuses for his actions it would be a different story.

The same thing happened with Laura Bush. She caused the death of a classmate due to reckless driving, with no consequences to her whatsoever. Life was lost in both instances. It's wrong to place a higher value on Mary Jo's life, just because you didn't like Ted. Laura caused a young boy's death when he was just beginning his future. His family grieves just as much as the Kopechne family.

IMO both Ted and Laura paid and will pay for their actions all their lives. If Laura didn't turn to alcohol to numb her memories, more power to her. Both have contributed to the good of the world after their respective tragedies. A pity you can't recognize this, in your animosity.

Good Post, I second all of it!

Hissy fit? LOL.

I've probably remembered and talked about Mary Jo longer than you have.

You're trying to tie Mary Jo's death 40 years ago to a health care bill that wasn't even on the radar screen until decades later.

I guess you don't believe people can rise above their sins and try to redeem themselves through their works afterward.

It seems many conservatives do not belive in forgiveness or salvation. Redemption is not possable in that world.

Again, the type of dog matters not. It shows a huge measure of disconnect and a lack of empathy that made me respect the man less. There was a large portion of this, it showed a pattern. His attempting to take the moral high ground about a "two tier justice" in the US when Ford pardoned Nixon was another moment that was astoundingly hypocritical. His every free breath was a testament to which tier he resided in...

For the place he created for himself in history he merits a portion of my respect, but for all other things I believe him to be totally lacking in empathy, obsessed with power to the point he could not even see his own hypocrisy, and lacking in all introspection.

Repeating what type of dog it is doesn't change that any such word would remind me of what was supposedly "haunting" me for the rest of my life (and what would for any normal person).

I would assume he chose the type of dog... Much like he chose the name!

just look at your posts.....you visibly upset that anyone should mention mary jo....you've made numerous posts detailing how it bothers you and that basically we should forget mary jo and instead just focus on all kennedy's "good stuff".....

sad really

Show me a post where she says we should forget Mary Jo?

awww, I bet that makes you sad..

No, I believe he should have faced tougher charges. However I have prosecuted cases where people who killed others in auto accidents were not charged with the homicide...

No, I believe he should have faced tougher charges. However I have prosecuted cases where people who killed others in auto accidents were not charged with the homicide...

what about cases where they killed someone, left the scene and did not report the accident for several hours....since you say you are a former prosecutor....what is a prosecutor's most likely first thought....

innocent

or

likely dui and prosecute for manslaughter or murder

It seems many conservatives do not belive in forgiveness or salvation. Redemption is not possable in that world.

what does rememberence and bringing up that he caused her death....have to do with forgiveness....if you are going to talk solely about how great he was....isn't it fair to discuss one major F up that he got away with basically because of his family

Back