Pitbull Question

No they don't and since you've entered the Making-Shit-Up phase of this discussion we are finished here.
lol @ epic.

H2O, seriously, you think that a Greyhound, born to run, only runs "about as good" as other dogs? Or a Whippet?

You think a Chihuahua can hunt me up some grub like a Bloodhound who, bred for incredible smelling even for dogs, has a sense of smell that is incredibly more sensitive than the Chihuahua or any sight hound out there?

That your Dachshund can just as easily take down an attacker as the German Sheppard, or "about as good"? Give it a rest. Dogs, horses, etc have been bred for ages to do specific tasks.

The aggression that pit bulls supposedly have was something newspapers invented in order to sell more newspapers, like most fanatascisms these days.
This is total crap. They have been bred for a high resistance to pain and for greater jaw strength as well as animal aggression, they have been bred to fight as much as a little terrier was bred to dig out and hunt rats and other rodentia.

Evolution doesn't work that fact. Just because I'm smarter than you and you're too stupid to rebuke my points doesn't mean you have to make it more obvious by saying shit like that.

Yeah I wish I could make great arguments like "YOU CANT CHANGE SOMETHING OVER THOUSANDS OF YEARS."

Maybe someday you'll teach me.

You must have slept through biology.

Evolution doesn't work that fact. Just because I'm smarter than you and you're too stupid to rebuke my points doesn't mean you have to make it more obvious by saying shit like that.
Get a degree in Animal Husbandry and then tell me all about how worthless it is. Your argument is a wasteland of ignorance based in nothing but conjecture and what you want to be true because you are anthropomorphizing.

In other words, you are meditating on a pile of crap and think you are a tree.

They've been bred to retrieve. They retrieve about as well as any other dog, because they share 99.9999999999% of their genes.

They do? Funny, I have never seen a duck hunter with a pit bull in the boat. I have never seen a golden retriever being used as a guard dog. Many dogs won't retrieve at all. And many of the traits dogs have been bred for cannot be trained out of them. The best you can hope for is to divert it to something else.

Different dog breeds have different traits. These traits have been BRED into them.

I am racist because I recognize that? Are you out of your mind? Like Epi pointed out, we are discussing DOGS here. Animals that have had controlled breeding for many, many generations.

No, skip the village idiot joke. Watermuck, your proctologist called. He found your head.

I have had dogs most of my life. I have NEVER had one try and viciously attack someone. Until I had Bob. He went after the landlord and scared the hell out of him. If it hadn't been for the lead he was on, he would have torn this man up. And a few weeks prior, Bob had been playing with him.

Bob was rescued and spoiled in a very loving home. There is no other explanation other than his breed.

Then why did no one in the world talk about all this shit until the 90's?

Like most other full of shit things that results in massacres, it's nothing but newspaper sensationalism, and you into that stuff in droves so why the fuck should I believe you about anything.

Maybe you were still wearing diapers before the 90s and the grownups didn't want to disturb you. But it has been discussed long before the 90s.

Then why did no one in the world talk about all this shit until the 90's?

Like most other full of shit things that results in massacres, it's nothing but newspaper sensationalism, and you into that stuff in droves so why the fuck should I believe you about anything.
Because nobody kept a regular database of such attacks until about that time. You can pretend all you want, but the animals were bred to fight.

When you've shot a dog three times and he is still coming at you, you can tell me all about how they can't be bred to be resistant to pain. When you are holding some guy's wife's hand onto her arm so you can pretend that it will be all right for just a few seconds longer as she's placed in the helicopter on her way to be pronounced dead after the pitbull pack attack you can tell me how they aren't far more efficient at it than other dogs. But you will be lying to yourself, and you would STILL be basing your argument in ignorance. Check out animal husbandry, see if it is possible to breed towards certain traits then come back. Base some of your argument in knowledge rather than wishes and anthropomorphizing.

Yeah, I guess our information concerning dog breeds has just been awaiting an update from WaterMark the Magnificent.

Or our latent racism has been coloring our view.

Jeez WM, you have haven't a clue.

Yes, you've read the fucking reports. They love to say that stuff because it sells newspapers. They wouldn't talk about any other fucking dog except a pit bull. Fucking lunatic.
I didn't read the reports you emo, I'm a firefighter I go to those medical calls, we are the first responders.

I'm even willing to grant you that newspapers' sensationalism has exacerbated this panic.

But your statement that breeding has no influence over their behavior is 100% Grade A Stupid.
This. Again, I implore him to educate himself a small amount on the topic, check out animal husbandry sites, get a tiny grip on the subject and come back.

Nope. Pit bulls were never abused and thrown out onto the streets by fanatically pit bulls murderers until the 90's because of newspapers. Anything you heard before that was in passing and you emphasized it once you became a fanatic. You aren't even allowed to thinka bout this because you're so fucking biased and fanatical already.

This is the classic moral panic. And it's resulted in nothing but massacres. It's wrong and it should be stopped because it isn't based on logical reasoning at all. Newspapers invented it.

One of the main reasons for the increasing problems with pitbulls, is the increasing number of animals that have been bred by irresponsible breeders.

The breed has certain characteristics. They have a high tolerance for pain, they have a high prey drive (research this phrase), and require a firm hand early in their development.

These are characteristics that were BRED into them.

To be WM is to make grandiose claims that you didn't really think about much before you said them. Whenever someone points this out, there is also a strong compulsion to deny that such claims were wrong even if it's plain and obvious to the WM creature.

Basically, it's having the intelligence to realize when your wrong and lacking any will to admit it. It's sort of a lucid delusion, and it can be exaggerated by too much coffee, or not enough sleep. It is also very fucking annoying and WM apologizes for forcing you all to indulge in it.

One of the main reasons for the increasing problems with pitbulls, is the increasing number of animals that have been bred by irresponsible breeders.

The breed has certain characteristics. They have a high tolerance for pain, they have a high prey drive (research this phrase), and require a firm hand early in their development.

These are characteristics that were BRED into them.

That's also a big reason why you tend to see so many pits either abandoned or up for adoption. People buy (or get free) these apparently cute little puppies and then learn that they can't handle them and their inherent aggression when they get older. We used to see this a lot at the Humane Society when I volunteered there (surely they still do see this).

People who pick pitbulls are often against getting them spayed or neutered.

They allow them to have puppies who end up abandoned.

Spay and Neuter folks.

Back