Pitbull Question

If someone wants a dog, a cat is no substitute.

In fact, if you want a loveable pet get a dog. If you want an aloof roommate with fur get a cat.

A dog always looks like its smiling and a cat always looks like its bored. Of course, they probably don't have these emotions, but that's just what we attribute to them based on how they look and how our brains personify them.

I personally think it breaks down that cat people are smarter. :P

A dog always looks like its smiling and a cat always looks like its bored. Of course, they probably don't have these emotions, but that's just what we attribute to them based on how they look and how our brains personify them.

Well I'm glad you "personally think" that. I personally don't think you have a shred of evidence to back that up.

So go ahead and think it all you want.

ZOMG I NEED EVIDENCE?! BECAUSE I WAS TOTALLY BEING SERIOUS1!

WM, you have said so many stupid things that I am only barely giving you credit for anything you say.

Go back to your "99% of all dogs retrieve as well as any do" and the your claim that crediting certain breeds with certain traits is racist.

It wasn't any more accurate, but it was certainly more entertaining.

WM, you have said so many stupid things that I am only barely giving you credit for anything you say.

Go back to your "99% of all dogs retrieve as well as any do" and the your claim that crediting certain breeds with certain traits is racist.

It wasn't any more accurate, but it was certainly more entertaining.

You have never said an even remotely intelligent things since you've been at this site, dumb redneck. If Solitary and Dixie are all Alabama has to offer we should just saw it off and let it float out to sea.

You have never said an even remotely intelligent things since you've been at this site, dumb redneck. If Solitary and Dixie are all Alabama has to offer we should just saw it off and let it float out to sea.

Oh of course, I have said nothing intelligent at all.

Tell us again about dog breeds?

You have been owned more often than anyone here.

Recognizing sarcasm is the first step, young one. Knowing what you are talking about BEFORE you talk is the next step.

1. I looked at that and saw it as you taking the statement serious. I thought you were being an asshole.

2. That doesn't count during a manic episode.

If someone wants a dog, a cat is no substitute.

In fact, if you want a loveable pet get a dog. If you want an aloof roommate with fur get a cat.

its only a foster anyway. She seems like she's going to be pretty sweet too, so she'll go pretty quickly.

Behavioral scientists remark that in wolves the submissive animal will retract the back corners of the mouth to show they are not a threat to the status quo, dogs are also hard-wired to see it this way.

However, with dogs the dog understands that their human 'leader' loves this expression and they are often rewarded with belly rubs, treats, etc. This positive reinforcement links the expression, for the dog, with something positive. A dog therefore, because of their relationship with humans, is taught to link the expression with things they like and therefore the smile can become a genuine gesture of pleasure.

Behavioral scientists remark that in wolves the submissive animal will retract the back corners of the mouth to show they are not a threat to the status quo, dogs are also hard-wired to see it this way.

However, with dogs the dog understands that their human 'leader' loves this expression and they are often rewarded with belly rubs, treats, etc. This positive reinforcement links the expression, for the dog, with something positive. A dog therefore, because of their relationship with humans, is taught to link the expression with things they like and therefore the smile can become a genuine gesture of pleasure.

My Aussie actually draws his lips back and wrinkles his nose in a characteristic "Aussie smile". This is done deliberately, and he knows in advance that I'll laugh. Every time. His breeder says that many of her line do this. My Border Collie actually seems to laugh, and the open-mouthed "smile" as seen in his avatar, (oh well, my avatar) occurs only when he's happy. It's even more pronounced when he's excited, as in Agility practice. This, too, is typical of his breed, which is also known for its intense concentration, when no smiles are apparent!

A dog looks like it constantly wants to make you happy (smile) and a cat looks like it constantly wants you to make it happy (bored). Which pet a person chooses says quite a bit about them.

A dog looks like it constantly wants to make you happy (smile) and a cat looks like it constantly wants you to make it happy (bored). Which pet a person chooses says quite a bit about them.

It may say nothing more than that the person lives in an apartment and that cats adapt far better as apartment pets. Also you're more likely to get a landlord's permission to have cats than dogs. I've had both, loved both, and now am very happy with my dogs. My cat lived to be 17. She acted more like a dog most of the time anyway, but she was a great cat. Now I have great dogs. :)

It may say nothing more than that the person lives in an apartment and that cats adapt far better as apartment pets. Also you're more likely to get a landlord's permission to have cats than dogs. I've had both, loved both, and now am very happy with my dogs. My cat lived to be 17. She acted more like a dog most of the time anyway, but she was a great cat. Now I have great dogs. :)

Well there's plenty of dogs that can stay inside.

My semi-pit stays inside. :)

Back