Pitbull Question

Looking back at my posts I see that I made it look as though I think Pit Bull Terriers are bad dogs.

They are not. They require more from an owner than many breeds. They also will probably do far more damage if they do bite than many other breeds.

If there is a breed that I think is bad, its a chihuahua (sp). But the good news is that they aren't as dangerous.

Desh, that is EXCELLENT advice. Unless you have a pure breed dog (or some mixed breed hunting dogs) there is no reason not to spay or neuter your dog.

If your not going to breed ,snip snip.

My advice is to not breed. There are enough dogs in the world.

I know ,I know but I care much more about the individual animal than perfectly bred dogs.

Give me practically any dog and I can love it.

Because nobody kept a regular database of such attacks until about that time. You can pretend all you want, but the animals were bred to fight
//

Yep just ask the Vick the football guy, oops ex football guy.

Looking back at my posts I see that I made it look as though I think Pit Bull Terriers are bad dogs.

They are not. They require more from an owner than many breeds. They also will probably do far more damage if they do bite than many other breeds.

If there is a breed that I think is bad, its a chihuahua (sp). But the good news is that they aren't as dangerous.

Desh, that is EXCELLENT advice. Unless you have a pure breed dog (or some mixed breed hunting dogs) there is no reason not to spay or neuter your dog.

The pit bull bans have always made me angry because I start thinking about how much it would hurt me if a fanatical society took Percy away from me and killed her. The fact that utter retards like Chapdog are the only people who ever seem to support his practice only strengthens my resolve

Then again, I live in a rural area, my dog stays inside all the time, and I have serious doubts as to whether or not she's pure bred (she looks too small).

Anyway, LadyT, it would be better for you to get a cat anyway. Especially living in the city. Cat's are really really nice pets. This is probably the only dog I'm ever going to get.

Last edited:
Because nobody kept a regular database of such attacks until about that time.

Ridiculous. The sensationalism about dog bites is almost as bad as that about sharks. No one ever says anything about someone dying of a heart attack, or cancer, or something even remotely likely to actually result in your death, but every time someone gets bitten by a shark it's on the news from Los Angeles to New York. Sure, Pit Bull's do cause the most dog bites, but they are a popular breed, and a death by dog bite is a pretty bizarre, rare death in any case.

Last edited:
Ridiculous. The sensationalism about dog bites is almost as bad as that about sharks. No one ever says anything about someone dying of a heart attack, or cancer, or something even remotely likely to actually result in your death, but every time someone gets bitten by a shark it's on the news from Los Angeles to New York. Sure, Pit Bull's do cause the most dog bites, but they are a popular breed, and a death by dog bite is a pretty bizarre, rare death in any case.

Actually, some of the toy breeds are probably responsible for the most bites, from what I have read.

But when one of those little things bites you, its usually not even gonna bleed much. When a pit attacks, it requires a trip to the ER or someone dies.

Thats where their breeding comes in. The strength of their jaws, their tenacity, and their high tolerance for pain makes their attacks much worse.

The pit bull bans have always made me angry because I start thinking about how much it would hurt me if a fanatical society took Percy away from me and killed her. The fact that utter retards like Chapdog are the only people who ever seem to support his practice only strengthens my resolve

screw you douche.. We are not talking about some loving dog who was cared for since a puppy.
We are talking about foster dogs who are notorious for having behavior issues.. and lady who is new to fostering is talking about taking on a potentially behavior problem dog with a locking jaw.

I owned a boxer who may be classified by insurance companies along with pits , rots, and other risk dogs. I dont support any such bans.

Because nobody kept a regular database of such attacks until about that time. You can pretend all you want, but the animals were bred to fight.

When you've shot a dog three times and he is still coming at you, you can tell me all about how they can't be bred to be resistant to pain. When you are holding some guy's wife's hand onto her arm so you can pretend that it will be all right for just a few seconds longer as she's placed in the helicopter on her way to be pronounced dead after the pitbull pack attack you can tell me how they aren't far more efficient at it than other dogs. But you will be lying to yourself, and you would STILL be basing your argument in ignorance. Check out animal husbandry, see if it is possible to breed towards certain traits then come back. Base some of your argument in knowledge rather than wishes and anthropomorphizing.

I think this pwning is going to have to go on the Youngins Pwn forum.

WM just got his @ss handed to him.

:1up:

That's also a big reason why you tend to see so many pits either abandoned or up for adoption. People buy (or get free) these apparently cute little puppies and then learn that they can't handle them and their inherent aggression when they get older. We used to see this a lot at the Humane Society when I volunteered there (surely they still do see this).

Yeah, I'm definitely not getting a pit.

I think this pwning is going to have to go on the Youngins Pwn forum.

WM just got his @ss handed to him.

:1up:

Tiana where have you been? When I was gone you are bugging me, and then I come back, even though I think I am mentally healthier when I’m not here, and now you are gone, and I am left kicking ass by myself all day. My leg hurts from all the ass-kicking I have been doing.

Check the Youngins Forum for a debate on this week's skewering.

3 nominations so far, including this one.

Tiana where have you been? When I was gone you are bugging me, and then I come back, even though I think I am mentally healthier when I’m not here, and now you are gone, and I am left kicking ass by myself all day. My leg hurts from all the ass-kicking I have been doing.

These a-holes have actually had me doing work!

....the nerve right.......

I've been skimming the boards, but haven't really had much time to delve into any threads.

Oh....I have good news about my friend...surgery's tomorrow and everything is pretty much behind us!

I've been skimming the boards, but haven't really had much time to delve into any threads.

Oh....I have good news about my friend...surgery's tomorrow and everything is pretty much behind us!

That’s great news, and I’m happy to hear it.

That is so awesome! I've been thinking about her; I'm so glad that she's going to be well again. :)

I guess mace won’t stop them huh Damo?
Not even close, not when they are packing... When they run in a pack all the negative traits are increased, and they work together. The Sheriff's Deputy that finally killed the pack leader was very shocked at the fact that he had to shoot him three times, and then even more so when he found out that the dog had been shot by a shotgun earlier by a next door neighbor before the pack went and killed the lady.

It was not a fun call.

Not even close, not when they are packing... When they run in a pack all the negative traits are increased, and they work together. The Sheriff's Deputy that finally killed the pack leader was very shocked at the fact that he had to shoot him three times, and then even more so when he found out that the dog had been shot by a shotgun earlier by a next door neighbor before the pack went and killed the lady.

It was not a fun call.

yeah, I'm getting a Spaniel mix.

Eff that.

Back