Poll: Better off without religion?

Overall, would the world be better off without religion?

• Total voters
Yeah. I'm boring. That's why youve been desperately trying to resurrect your faltering ego with pointless deflections for the past two hours.

I've actually been trying to get a straight answer - a straight answer to anything. But you dodge and weave. If you don't want to engage then stop posting. It's boring to have you continually evade a straightforward question and resort to insults. I would think this is now a drive-by thread.

I've actually been trying to get a straight answer - a straight answer to anything. But you dodge and weave. If you don't want to engage then stop posting. It's boring to have you continually evade a straightforward question and resort to insults. I would think this is now a drive-by thread.

No. You insist that "eliminating government and religion" is some kind of rational goal, when it is actually a level of irrationality and absurdity that borders on insane.

No. You insist that "eliminating government and religion" is some kind of rational goal, when it is actually a level of irrationality and absurdity that borders on insane.

That's because you have the mentality of a vassal. You can't comprehend society without government because you need Big Brother to look after you.

You can't face the idea that religion can be eventually eliminated (because it's essentially superstition) because you may have to confront the reality of your own mortality and that there's no afterlife.

So you react in an aggressive, fearful manner. I am kicking your crutches out from under you and you're falling.

That's because you have the mentality of a vassal.
Yet I've been trouncing your ignorant ass all morning long.
You can't comprehend society without government because you need Big Brother to look after you.
I believe in limited government, with massive decentralization of function and an encouragement to self reliance, instead of the fascist sytem we have now. You're NO GOVERNMENT philosophy is quite unworkable. Power abhors a vacuum.
You can't face the idea that religion can be eventually eliminated (because it's essentially superstition) because you may have to confront the reality of your own mortality and that there's no afterlife.
it will never be eliminated, nor should it be. Though it should heavily criticized when it foments an ideology that leads to racism, totalitarianism, or elitism.
So you react in an aggressive, fearful manner. I am kicking your crutches out from under you and you're falling.

LOL. Don't make me laugh. Fool. You look like a mental midget around me.

Yet I've been trouncing your ignorant ass all morning long.

Make that a self-deluded vassal. Now go and look the word up. It doesn't mean "dumbarse"

AssHatZombie: said:
I believe in limited government, with massive decentralization of function and an encouragement to self reliance, instead of the fascist sytem we have now. You're NO GOVERNMENT philosophy is quite unworkable. Power abhors a vacuum.

There's no such thing as "limited" government. Government is oppressive in its very existence. "Limited" government is a meaningless phrase used to keep vassals quiet.
My "no government" is entirely workable. Humans got on fine without it for thousands of years. As for power abhoring a vacuum, - that is the most stupid thing that you've posted and that I've read (you may have posted a lot more stupid stuff before I arrived). Think about what you wrote, "power abhors a vacuum.". Jeez I dunno, I'm about ready to give up on you.

AssHatZombie; said:
it will never be eliminated, nor should it be. Though it should heavily criticized when it foments an ideology that leads to racism, totalitarianism, or elitism.

Governments throughout history and in the contemporary world are racist, totalitarian and elitist and a lot more besides those. Even the most apparently benign government is oppressive and oppression is my objection to government. I mean it's a bovine attitude, to sit there and moo, "we need government, government must never be removed." "Government" is a necessary evil right now, but it's desirable that, eventually, it be dismantled. Until that happens no-one is free, we're simply living in the illusion of freedom.

LOL. Don't make me laugh. Fool. You look like a mental midget around me.

If you say so, then it must be true. Seriously though, you sound like you have a NPD problem, you may want to get it looked at.

Make that a self-deluded vassal. Now go and look the word up. It doesn't mean "dumbarse"

There's no such thing as "limited" government.
It would be a government that had limits on the spheres of human life it attempted to control.
Government is oppressive in its very existence. "Limited" government is a meaningless phrase used to keep vassals quiet.
My "no government" is entirely workable. Humans got on fine without it for thousands of years. As for power abhoring a vacuum, - that is the most stupid thing that you've posted and that I've read (you may have posted a lot more stupid stuff before I arrived). Think about what you wrote, "power abhors a vacuum.". Jeez I dunno, I'm about ready to give up on you.

Governments throughout history and in the contemporary world are racist, totalitarian and elitist and a lot more besides those. Even the most apparently benign government is oppressive and oppression is my objection to government. I mean it's a bovine attitude, to sit there and moo, "we need government, government must never be removed." "Government" is a necessary evil right now, but it's desirable that, eventually, it be dismantled. Until that happens no-one is free, we're simply living in the illusion of freedom.

If you say so, then it must be true. Seriously though, you sound like you have a NPD problem, you may want to get it looked at.

Considering that limited government is real and possible, the rest of your post is based on a delusion and hence, is not worthy of comment.

It would be a government that had limits on the spheres of human life it attempted to control.

Governments don't abide by limits. Governments are composed of humans who seek power over fellow humans.

Considering that limited government is real and possible, the rest of your post is based on a delusion and hence, is not worthy of comment.

It's okay to admit you can't come up with an objection. But if your ego is so fragile that you need that sort of rationalisation, then fine, apply the salve.

Governments don't abide by limits. Governments are composed of humans who seek power over fellow humans.

It's okay to admit you can't come up with an objection. But if your ego is so fragile that you need that sort of rationalisation, then fine, apply the salve.

I think governments are capable of abiding by limits. It doesn't mean they always do.

your conclusions are based on binary, extremist, and reductionist thinking.

No. We disagree on premises. You idiotically assert that limited government is impossible. This delusion renders you useless for further discussion on the matter.

Look, if you can't argue with an unintelligent, uneducated oaf like me how the hell are you going to do it when you're all grown up? I didn't assert "limited government is impossible", I said, there's no such thing. There's a subtle differentiation there. Possible/impossible implies potential. I'm arguing not potential but actuality. I said governments don't abide by limits. That's my claim:

Governments don't abide by limits.

It's so bloody self-evident that it's actually trite.

Look, if you can't argue with an unintelligent, uneducated oaf like me how the hell are you going to do it when you're all grown up? I didn't assert "limited government is impossible", I said, there's no such thing. There's a subtle differentiation there. Possible/impossible implies potential. I'm arguing not potential but actuality. I said governments don't abide by limits. That's my claim:

Governments don't abide by limits.

It's so bloody self-evident that it's actually trite.

SO wouldn't you suggest reform rather than elimination?

Back