rana and countryboy discuss what type of religion she follows

I was just trying to help. I figured you could tell of the misfortune that befell you by religious parents. Your very Soul is telling you one thing, ... then your Religious Authorities are telling you just the opposite, bringing up Devils and Demons and the Prospect of Hell and Eternal Damnation. Or ... you could just skip a lot of the details and just recount the years of Therapy you went through. Naturally, if it's too painful, you don't have to say a word or you can always say "I'm completely normal, everything is fine" and hope people will believe you.

(I'm concerned about RB60, he seems to have some major conflicts going on)
Nah, we were just the typical Catholic family, my parents like to go to the dances at the Elk’s Club and play bridge. I was the typical teenager of the 70’s. Nothing like your fevered imagination, sorry.

Nah, we were just the typical Catholic family, my parents like to go to the dances at the Elk’s Club and play bridge. I was the typical teenager of the 70’s. Nothing like your fevered imagination, sorry.

That sounds very believable, I would stick with that.

There is a huge economic incentive to abstain from sex, as much as possible, until you're are about that age. In fact, modern society has added additional layers of incentive, because of how often sex can lead to legal problems (particularly where young people can be found, such as college campuses).

It seems to me that way to many people are more intent on "being with someone", rather then getting to "know them" first..

JMHO

The past was so much different?

I think so.

I know when I was growing up, family was more involved with family and spoke up when behaviors were slightly "shaky".

It provided guidance, in my opinion; but now, it's kind of like "let's see if this time it turns out better, then it did last week".

I think so.

I know when I was growing up, family was more involved with family and spoke up when behaviors were slightly "shaky".

It provided guidance, in my opinion; but now, it's kind of like "let's see if this time it turns out better, then it did last week".

My granddad married my gran 2 months after he met her.

My granddad married my gran 2 months after he met her.

That doesn't mean he didn't get to know what kind of person she was first; unless they split up, either before or after your parent was born.

Have you asked them, why they married and what drew them towards each other; because we are discussing two different eras and mindsets?

That doesn't mean he didn't get to know what kind of person she was first; unless they split up, either before or after your parent was born.

Have you asked them, why they married and what drew them towards each other; because we are discussing two different eras and mindsets?

I think sometimes we have a tendency to romanticize the past.

Grind! Your editorials stink with bias, and poor disregard for liberals.

Have you ever imagined a fair and balanced way to win influence with everyone, in a leadership role, instead of the way you and Donald Trump lead by division, discourse, and retaliation?

You are no leader dude! You waste your position! And you have absolutely no influence here!

You are nothing more than a weak political wannabe hack with a very weak case!

Too bad!

Jesus. I have this vision of USF handing out '100 Questions' on a first date to see if they are compatible. Then ... giving her a Vision Test and looking into her mouth to check her teeth. (That's just sad)

Grind! Your editorials stink with bias, and poor disregard for liberals.

Have you ever imagined a fair and balanced way to win influence with everyone, in a leadership role, instead of the way you and Donald Trump lead by division, discourse, and retaliation?

You are no leader dude! You waste your position! And you have absolutely no influence here!

You are nothing more than a weak political wannabe hack with a very weak case!

Too bad!

You got all that from Grind stating he wanted to have sex with a Sex Robot?

Jesus. I have this vision of USF handing out '100 Questions' on a first date to see if they are compatible. Then ... giving her a Vision Test and looking into her mouth to check her teeth. (That's just sad)

You seem to be projecting your own fears and worries; unless you can show where I said anything that defined "finding out about a person", had anything to do with just a first date.

You seem to be projecting your own fears and worries; unless you can show where I said anything that defined "finding out about a person", had anything to do with just a first date.

Look, USF. Some of us have the uncanny ability to 'read between the lines'. OK? (In your case, it's pretty easy)

Back