Reality check on electric cars

1669822593293-png.1140180

Hang tight handjob, hydrogen is right around the corner. But either way the internal combustion engine is dead.

Hang tight handjob, hydrogen is right around the corner. But either way the internal combustion engine is dead.

Ever think about moving out of DeSantisland and back to NYC? God, it must be painful to live with your hypocrisy.
I find your kind to be delicious meme targets.

Hydrogen cars exist today. I have already described the problems with hydrogen fueled cars, including the long refueling times and their dependence on lithium battery packs, along with the fire hazards and weight.

ICEs burn at 4 times the rate that EVs do.

Argument from randU fallacy. Making up numbers and using them as 'data' is a fallacy.
Only about 1% of the cars on the road are EV's, and that's in the cities, where the EV is more popular.

Any idiot can look at any road and see for themselves.

Attempted proof by negation. Negative argument fallacy.

I didn't try to negate anything.

A claim was made that it costs over $2,000,000 to build a gas station. The poster provided a link which supported what he said.

You then said that it didn't cost $2,000,000 to build a gas station.

Given as there was already a link provided which supported the notion that it does, in fact, cost that much, I simply asked if you had anything which would support your contention that it doesn't cost that much.

You've completely failed to do that. Given that you've provided nothing to support your position, one can only conclude that you're wrong...

It's not personal info. You're just embarrassed about the car you drive.
Yup, it's obvious that he's embarrassed about it, otherwise he would just say what he drives. There's nothing personal about it...

I have two vehicles, and I like both of them quite a bit. I have a 2011 Toyota Rav4 that I use as a daily commuter (and for any snowy-weather driving), and I have a 2007 Lincoln Town Car that I use for any extra driving whenever there's no snow.

They are both gasoline powered vehicles, as electric vehicles are impractical for me (can't refuel fast enough), are too expensive for my liking (I'm a typical "working class" dude; I don't make much money), and they have too short of a lifespan for my liking (the battery pack specifically).

Last edited:
Yup, it's obvious that he's embarrassed about it, otherwise he would just say what he drives. There's nothing personal about it...

I have two vehicles, and I like both of them quite a bit. I have a 2011 Toyota Rav4 that I use as a daily commuter (and for any snowy-weather driving), and I have a 2007 Lincoln Town Car that I use for any extra driving whenever there's no snow.

They are both gasoline powered vehicles, as electric vehicles are impractical for me (can't refuel fast enough), are too expensive for my liking (I'm a typical "working class" dude; I don't make much money), and they have too short of a lifespan for my liking (the battery pack specifically).

Evs charge when you sleep. You do sleep, don't you? Consumer reports said they last more than 200,000 miles. That is over 17 years at 12K a year.

Evs charge when you sleep. You do sleep, don't you?
An EV would not be fully charged during my sleeping (which is roughly 6 hours, give or take).

I do long drives from time to time, and it would be impractical for me to wait hours to refuel rather than minutes. You ignored the other issues listed that I have with EVs for my own personal use.

I didn't try to negate anything.
Yes you did.
A claim was made that it costs over $2,000,000 to build a gas station. The poster provided a link which supported what he said.

You then said that it didn't cost $2,000,000 to build a gas station.

Given as there was already a link provided which supported the notion that it does, in fact, cost that much, I simply asked if you had anything which would support your contention that it doesn't cost that much.

You've completely failed to do that. Given that you've provided nothing to support your position, one can only conclude that you're wrong...
Repetition (chanting). Attempted proof by negation. Negative argument fallacy.

As for me, I drive a Subaru Forester (I've been driving and fixing Subarus so long I know more about them than Subaru does!), and a Ford F150 which I use to haul heavy equipment and material (using trailers). That one uses the 5.4 Triton 3v engine. Then, of course, I have a John Deere 1025r tractor, but it's not designed for the road of course.

All gasoline or diesel fueled.

I drive my Forester as my regular car. I'll be coming up by your way next summer with it for a convention there. An EV car is too slow to recharge on a trip like that.
The Ford has to haul equipment and material up to 3 tons for over 100 miles each way (200 miles total). And EV truck can't do that.
I can do a hell of a lot of work with that tractor. It has to work all day. An EV tractor can't do that.

Too bad he's embarrassed about his car.

An EV would not be fully charged during my sleeping (which is roughly 6 hours, give or take).

I do long drives from time to time, and it would be impractical for me to wait hours to refuel rather than minutes. You ignored the other issues listed that I have with EVs for my own personal use.

His myopia is really astounding. He figures everyone barely uses their car like he does. He also completely ignores what is on the road and why. He's literally in his own little universe and figures that everyone is just like him.

Can you imagine a Tesla doing off road mudding? Or competing in the Baja race? Or pulling a stump? Or hauling a significant trailer (it can't!)?

He's also completely forgetting that to charge his precious car that he's too embarrassed to talk about, he's using energy from quite probably a coal fired power plant or a nuke if he's anywhere in the midwest or mountain regions, or an oil fired plant if he's on the east coast. If he's in the SODC, he can't charge his car reliably, even when he's asleep.

Hmmmm. Maybe I do understand why he's embarrassed to talk about his car!

Back