Reality check on electric cars

Actually, they do. Everyone in that city depends on continuous supplies coming into the city. That's trucks and cars, dumbass.

Buzzword fallacy. There is no such thing as 'alt right'.

Pivot fallacy. No one is talking about drunk driving.

Drunk driving is everyone's problem.

Drunk posting is your problem. It is the only response for your posting.

Taxicabs are relatively cheap in NYC, but cars are relatively expensive. Many people chose to live in NYC(or similar cities), because they do not want to own a car of their own.

How many cars do you see in cities? How many traffic jams have you been caught up in in these cities? I can tell you from experience this is an every day occurrence.

How many cars do you see in cities? How many traffic jams have you been caught up in in these cities? I can tell you from experience this is an every day occurrence.

Can you imagine how much worse the traffic would be if Manhattan car ownership rates were the same as suburban car ownership rates?

The fact is that NYC cannot be run like the suburbs with huge numbers of cars. The density of people is just too high.

Can you imagine how much worse the traffic would be if Manhattan car ownership rates were the same as suburban car ownership rates?

The fact is that NYC cannot be run like the suburbs with huge numbers of cars. The density of people is just too high.

But there are an abundance of cars in cities. That is a fact you cannot refute. Try driving a tractor trailer on the Baltimore beltway's I-70 interchange during "rush hour."

But there are an abundance of cars in cities. That is a fact you cannot refute. Try driving a tractor trailer on the Baltimore beltway's I-70 interchange during "rush hour."

By definition a beltway goes AROUND a city, not through it. There is one point the Baltimore Beltway I-695 barely crosses the city line into Baltimore, but for the most part it is outside the city.

New York City does have a lot of cars, but not a lot compared to the number of people. It has far more people. It is the type of city you can do very well in without owning a car.

I have taken a car into Manhattan, but always park it once I am there, and then move around Manhattan without a car. Finding a new parking space near every location I have to go to in Manhattan would be crazy, no one would do something like that. I do prefer to take the train into Manhattan, and not deal with any of it.

By definition a beltway goes AROUND a city, not through it. There is one point the Baltimore Beltway I-695 barely crosses the city line into Baltimore, but for the most part it is outside the city.

New York City does have a lot of cars, but not a lot compared to the number of people. It has far more people. It is the type of city you can do very well in without owning a car.

I have taken a car into Manhattan, but always park it once I am there, and then move around Manhattan without a car. Finding a new parking space near every location I have to go to in Manhattan would be crazy, no one would do something like that. I do prefer to take the train into Manhattan, and not deal with any of it.

No shit! I know this because I ran it every week and into DC.

Once again, I drove Manhattan dozens of times. Cities are why I dumped my CDL and went back in the machine shop business after a year of being tired of all the traffic jams in and around cities.

Taxicabs are relatively cheap in NYC, but cars are relatively expensive. Many people chose to live in NYC(or similar cities), because they do not want to own a car of their own.

Taxicabs aren't cheap.
You don't get to speak for everyone in NYC or in any other city. You only get to speak for you. Omniscience fallacy. Special pleading fallacy.

Dominos in Ann Arbor which seems to be a town with nobody as bright as birdbrain, has decided all company cars will be Bolts. They just bought the first 100. If they only knew the dangers like Birdbrain. They must not be able to figure things out. I suppose the town lights will be blinking. The end will be 800 Bolts.

They'll figure it out...after they wasted money on the things.

The fact also is that there are a tremendous number of cars on the streets of NYC.
new-york-city-traffic-jam-2.jpg

And what has any of this got to do with electric cars???

The only reason it's so bad is that NYC was a city pre-automobile. That is, it didn't develop after the invention of the automobile. Had it, it would resemble LA or Phoenix instead. That doesn't mean that as an urban model it's superior, only that it's different. In a great many ways, the pre-automobile city is inferior in design to ones that are car-centric.

The only reason it's so bad is that NYC was a city pre-automobile. That is, it didn't develop after the invention of the automobile. Had it, it would resemble LA or Phoenix instead. That doesn't mean that as an urban model it's superior, only that it's different. In a great many ways, the pre-automobile city is inferior in design to ones that are car-centric.

Most large cities were founded before autos. The problem is NYC is an island. It has unique problems that subways solved.

Few in the US were large pre-automobile. For example, Phoenix is now the 5th largest city in the US and its growth is all post 1970's.
It was founded in 1881.
Every fucking city on the east coast was far before autos. Arizona became a state in 1912. Phoenix was founded in 1881. Before autos, way before. There were no roads . Ike signed the national road system in 1956. That is why there were almost no cars in the west. No local manufacturing either.

It was founded in 1881.
Every fucking city on the east coast was far before autos. Arizona became a state in 1912. Phoenix was founded in 1881. Before autos, way before. There were no roads . Ike signed the national road system in 1956. That is why there were almost no cars in the west. No local manufacturing either.

That's not the point. Up to the 70's Phoenix was a small city with an even smaller footprint that was older than about 1930.

phx+map+1925.jpg

The point is, that most of the city was developed after the automobile was invented, and most of the substantial growth happened in the later half of the 20th Century. Founding, and its growth and development into a large city are two very distinct things.

That's not the point. Up to the 70's Phoenix was a small city with an even smaller footprint that was older than about 1930.

phx+map+1925.jpg

The point is, that most of the city was developed after the automobile was invented, and most of the substantial growth happened in the later half of the 20th Century. Founding, and its growth and development into a large city are two very distinct things.

Do you have a point?

Do you have a point?

That's Phoenix in the 30's. It was a small town of nothing at the time. It is as I pointed out, an auto-centric city developed after the invention of the automobile in the late 20th Century. New York City was a large city in the 18th Century and has grown since. Its layout predates the automobile.

Back