Reality check on electric cars

Define much. We drive every day. But rarely more than 50 miles. The rest of America drives less than 50 a day. GM did an exhaustive study before they made the Volt. For close by shopping, I walk. A mile for 2 is no big deal.

You don't get to speak for everyone. You only get to speak for you.
Like hauling shopping bags for 2 miles? Do you just steal a cart?

Then go buy one. Waste your time constantly looking around for charging stations and charging your car. Your time is obviously not worth much to you.

* Gasoline cars don't take hours to refuel.
* Gasoline cars are a lot cheaper to buy.
* Gasoline cars have better resale value.

Again. I have one and like every other fucking EV owner, I plug in at night. I have never ever used a charging station. It is not a problem. Your stubborn lies based on hate for EVs are obvious. I went to the Art Museum today and my son plugged his car in while we were in the museum. When he gets home, he will plug his bolt into his garage charger. He simply topped it off because of convenience.
Gasoline cars are the same price, especially with tax breaks.
You never need to use public chargers. It is something too difficult for you to understand. Of course, if you are driving long distance, you plug in at the hotel's charger.

EV owners are telling you that you are flat-out wrong. You do not get to speak for all EV owners. You cannot cover for your own misinformation and lies. You are also wrong about resale.https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgor...g-electric-car-resale-values/?sh=656bfe925403

Well, I hope you aren't planning on moving here

What it’s like to live on the 123rd floor of the world’s tallest condo tower

131 floors and 179 apartments. People with that kind of money usually have 2 (or more) cars.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/18/her...-123rd-floor-of-the-worlds-tallest-condo.html

Granted, not all will have EV's, but can you imagine the monthly bill to heat, maintain the building, and charge cars in the winter?

Well, I hope you aren't planning on moving here

What it’s like to live on the 123rd floor of the world’s tallest condo tower

131 floors and 179 apartments. People with that kind of money usually have 2 (or more) cars.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/18/her...-123rd-floor-of-the-worlds-tallest-condo.html

Granted, not all will have EV's, but can you imagine the monthly bill to heat, maintain the building, and charge cars in the winter?

If you can afford that, you don't go places in a car or limo. You go to the roof and take your personal fucking helicopter...

Hell, you probably don't wear the same clothes twice...

If you can afford that, you don't go places in a car or limo. You go to the roof and take your personal fucking helicopter...

Hell, you probably don't wear the same clothes twice...

It must suck getting stuck in Manhattan traffic in a helicopter on your way down to the local pizza shop. I know it sucks in a tractor trailer!

.Or use the same tableware.

It must suck getting stuck in Manhattan traffic in a helicopter on your way down to the local pizza shop. I know it sucks in a tractor trailer!

People with that sort of money have "people." They casually say, "I think I'm in the mood for a supreme from Tony's Pizza on 42nd Street..." and one magically shows up minutes later...

Again. I have one and like every other fucking EV owner, I plug in at night.
So again, you waste your time charging your car. A car that is so expensive compared to a similar sized gasoline car that your 'savings' won't be realized for over 100,000 miles. You don't care about resale value, so you just throw the money away.
I have never ever used a charging station.
Yes you have, or you can't drive your car.
It is not a problem.
It is a problem.
Your stubborn lies based on hate for EVs are obvious.
I don't hate the EV. If you want one, buy one. Don't ask me to pay for it. Don't demand that I buy one.
I went to the Art Museum today and my son plugged his car in while we were in the museum.
So again, you are wasting your time constantly charging your car.
When he gets home, he will plug his bolt into his garage charger.
He simply topped it off because of convenience.
Gasoline cars are the same price, especially with tax breaks.
No, they aren't. Tax breaks for EV's is unconstitutional. See the 14th and 16th amendments.
You never need to use public chargers.
You just described using public chargers. Paradox.
It is something too difficult for you to understand. Of course, if you are driving long distance, you plug in at the hotel's charger.
That's a public charger. Paradox. Irrational.

Oh...what if the hotel doesn't HAVE a charger? If they do, what it it's already occupied by another joker charging HIS car overnight?

1669216262874-png.1134145

So again, you waste your time charging your car. A car that is so expensive compared to a similar sized gasoline car that your 'savings' won't be realized for over 100,000 miles. You don't care about resale value, so you just throw the money away.

It is a problem.

I don't hate the EV. If you want one, buy one. Don't ask me to pay for it. Don't demand that I buy one.

No, they aren't. Tax breaks for EV's is unconstitutional. See the 14th and 16th amendments.

Oh...what if the hotel doesn't HAVE a charger? If they do, what it it's already occupied by another joker charging HIS car overnight?

No a hotel is not a public charger. Just drive in and try and use it. They will make that so clear that even you can understand it. You are wrong as usual.
You are unable to understand that EV owners never sit around and wait for charging. The energy companies give cheaper rates for charging at night. That is when we charge.
What if you go to a gas station and the pumps are down? What if it is closed? Damn you are baby trying to create ridiculous scenarios. You are so dishonest. If you have a cell phone, you type in charging stations and it will provide all the info you need. It will tell you which hotels and motels have charging stations. You can do it now and find out there are chargers all over now and many more coming.

What if a flying saucer came down and the aliens zapped every charger? What would EV owners do then? How could we not foresee that? Birdman, you are a joke and not well enough informed to understand that much. Evs are in your futuree.

Well, a bird landing in fresh water dies in minutes (unless it's a water bird).

Did you know that birds are generally susceptible to damage? They fly in front of cars, fly into windmill blades, fly into windows, crash into trees in a windstorm, fly through the focal point of a solar still, walk on train tracks when a train is coming, get shot at by hunters, land in wet concrete, land in salt lakes, attacked by cats and dogs, etc. It really doesn't take much to dispatch a bird.

Fortunately, they breed quickly. There will always be birds to provide that note of beauty to the sky.

As to the leach fields...here are the actual problems with them:
Lithium ore is generally found in desert environments, usually quite remote (note the background in the picture above, as an example). The leach fields require water and plenty of it. Not really available in the desert.
Leach fields also require a strong acid, such as sulfuric acid, and the leaching process results in sulfur (the yellow color in this image you provided), and sulfur oxides (such as sulfur dioxide, a toxic gas). Leach fields are, however, in remote areas...just like the lithium ore that is being processed in them.

A LOT of lithium ore must be leached out in this way to produce just a few batteries.

Lithium is not a renewable material. Neither is cobalt (even harsher environmental impact, not to mention the child slavery to mine it). As these materials become used up, the price of batteries will necessarily go very high, adding to the already extremely high price tag for an electric car.

No a hotel is not a public charger.
A charger at a hotel is a public charger. It is open to anyone staying at that hotel, and in some cases is just open to anyone.
Just drive in and try and use it. They will make that so clear that even you can understand it. You are wrong as usual.
I don't need to. I use a gasoline car.
You are unable to understand that EV owners never sit around and wait for charging.
Sure they do.
The energy companies give cheaper rates for charging at night. That is when we charge.
Electric rates peak during the evening in many areas, dude.
What if you go to a gas station and the pumps are down?
Then I go to the next station.
What if it is closed?
Then I go to the next station.
Damn you are baby trying to create ridiculous scenarios.
You are so dishonest.
Nah. That's just you. The same thing happens to you if the charging station is down.
If you have a cell phone, you type in charging stations and it will provide all the info you need. It will tell you which hotels and motels have charging stations. You can do it now and find out there are chargers all over now and many more coming.
So you have many more places to waste your time while you wait for your EV to charge. Big hairy deal.

What if a flying saucer came down and the aliens zapped every charger? What would EV owners do then? How could we not foresee that? Birdman, you are a joke and not well enough informed to understand that much. Evs are in your futuree.

Inversion fallacy. EV's are on the road right now, dumbass. They are not the future. They are the past. Currently, only about 1% of the cars on the road are EV's. I see no reason that will change except by tyrannical governments. Under such governments, economic activity is effectively destroyed anyway.

It is a problem.

Waste time? Why do you continue that stupidity? You plug in a charger and go on with life. You waste 10 seconds. How long do you waste filling up your gas guzzler?
Hotel charger is private property. It is not public. You have to have a room. Why are you so weird and dishonest?
The founders were sure farsighted. They have 2 amendments stopping us from tax breaks for electric cars? Are you nuts?
Hotels have lots of chargers. You are still flailing away.

Back