Reality check on electric cars

1674666823129-png.1184238

Cobalt has lot of uses. Are you getting rid of your phone, laptop and other electronics? Those kids never bothered you in the past. ICE freaks are so dishonest,

Nordy, can you possibly distinguish between the amount of cobalt needed in my phone battery and that of a 2500# vehicle battery?

Cobalt has lot of uses. Are you getting rid of your phone, laptop and other electronics? Those kids never bothered you in the past. ICE freaks are so dishonest,

Cobalt can be obtained in sufficient quantities from other sources for phones, laptops, or any other electronics. It is the EV demanding so much cobalt.

So you missed that point as usual. Cobalt is ugly mining no matter what you use it for. You are 2 hairs from a monkey.

Nope. Cobalt mining is conducted by professional miners that maintain safe conditions while mining. Only the Congo uses child labor and unspeakable conditions. Because of the amount of cobalt an EV battery pack uses, the Congo mines must provide it. All other uses of cobalt can be obtained from other mines.

Joey wets panties

Revealed: how US transition to electric cars threatens environmental havoc
By 2050 electric vehicles could require huge amounts of lithium for their batteries, causing damaging expansions of mining

The US’s transition to electric vehicles could require three times as much lithium as is currently produced for the entire global market, causing needless water shortages, Indigenous land grabs, and ecosystem destruction inside and outside its borders, new research finds.

It warns that unless the US’s dependence on cars in towns and cities falls drastically, the transition to lithium battery-powered electric vehicles by 2050 will deepen global environmental and social inequalities linked to mining – and may even jeopardize the 1.5C global heating target.

Joey wets panties

Revealed: how US transition to electric cars threatens environmental havoc
By 2050 electric vehicles could require huge amounts of lithium for their batteries, causing damaging expansions of mining

The US’s transition to electric vehicles could require three times as much lithium as is currently produced for the entire global market, causing needless water shortages, Indigenous land grabs, and ecosystem destruction inside and outside its borders, new research finds.

It warns that unless the US’s dependence on cars in towns and cities falls drastically, the transition to lithium battery-powered electric vehicles by 2050 will deepen global environmental and social inequalities linked to mining – and may even jeopardize the 1.5C global heating target.

Well, maybe if you losers would give up your cell phones, and remote controls, and key fobs and computers it would free up more Lithium for us.

Why are you so stingy? Do you want all the lithium for yourselves?

Well, maybe if you losers would give up your cell phones, and remote controls, and key fobs and computers it would free up more Lithium for us.

Why are you so stingy? Do you want all the lithium for yourselves?

You may want to re-evaluate your comments, There is a bit more lithium needed to make a 3500# EV battery than that needed in my 2032 cell in my key fob, but that is the problerm with you lefties, you can't think ahead.

You may want to re-evaluate your comments, There is a bit more lithium needed to make a 3500# EV battery than that needed in my 2032 cell in my key fob, but that is the problerm with you lefties, you can't think ahead.

My point is YOU USE LITHIUM BATTERIES TOO. So if you hate Li mining you better look in the mirror too, bub. You are supporting every horrible thing done in the name of Li mining as any EV owner is.

You are JUST AS EVIL. Congrats.

My point is YOU USE LITHIUM BATTERIES TOO. So if you hate Li mining you better look in the mirror too, bub. You are supporting every horrible thing done in the name of Li mining as any EV owner is.

You are JUST AS EVIL. Congrats.

False dilemma fallacy.
Phones and other portable devices that use lithium batteries don't use much. It's the EVs that use a lot of lithium.

There's a big difference between a coin battery or portable flatpack and the massive battery packs used in cars.

So the mega millions of phones use so little cobalt, that they do not have to mine for it. They just pick it up on the ground. You guys are not well.

False dilemma fallacy. No one ever said all mining for cobalt has to stop. The only reason the Congo mine, which uses child labor in unspeakable conditions, is needed is because so much cobalt is needed to make the batteries for EVs. Cobalt is available from other mines, using professional miners that work in safe conditions, but they can't produce enough for the EVs.

Back