Reality check on electric cars

Karen,
It is located in the mines where the 8 year old's forage for cobalt and the trucks that take it for processing, and the ships that bring it to our shores, and the dock equipment that offloads, and so on and so on.

And you don't think there are any mined elements in YOUR car? Hmmmm???? Maybe not much Co but I bet you'd be surprised what other fun metals are in there. Ones you couldn't find on the Periodic Table with both hands and flashlight.

Yeah, you don't give a flying FUCK about these poor kids mining stuff. No, you just want to score something on the lib.

LOL. Hypocrisy is no less hypocrisy for your own chemical ignorance. :)

And you don't think there are any mined elements in YOUR car? Hmmmm???? Maybe not much Co but I bet you'd be surprised what other fun metals are in there. Ones you couldn't find on the Periodic Table with both hands and flashlight.

Yeah, you don't give a flying FUCK about these poor kids mining stuff. No, you just want to score something on the lib.

Karen,

1675349612744-png.1191345

There isn’t enough copper in the world — and the shortage could last till 2030

Joey wets panties

How Much Copper is in an Electric Vehicle?

Conventional gas-powered cars contain 18 to 49 lbs. of copper while a battery-powered EV contains 183 lbs. Meanwhile, for a fully electrical bus, a whopping 814 lbs. of copper is needed. With the rapidly increasing adoption of electric vehicles, copper will be an essential material for the coming electrification of all forms of ground transport.

Is this going to cause problems minting more pennies?

I already know you support child slavery.

Joey wets panties

Conventional gas-powered cars contain 18 to 49 lbs. of copper while a battery-powered EV contains 183 lbs. Meanwhile, for a fully electrical bus, a whopping 814 lbs. of copper is needed. With the rapidly increasing adoption of electric vehicles, copper will be an essential material for the coming electrification of all forms of ground transport.

There is enough copper in the world. https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/commodities/hg:cmx.

The large amount of cobalt mining is for Li-ion batteries, supporting horrible conditions like the Congo mine.

Canada is taking their batteries from mining to manufacturing. It is possible to force mining companies to provide better working conditions. But they're capitalists and will fight it with all they have.

Joey wets panties

But, we have Biden fighting to keep things like the potentially largest copper mine in the world from opening because a few Native American, radical Leftist, nutters that oppose every such project and have for decades say it'll keep them from collecting acorns a few miles away...

US copper mines get riskier as Biden stalls Resolution land swap
https://www.spglobal.com/marketinte...as-biden-stalls-resolution-land-swap-63017271

Biden admin. cancels leases for copper-nickel mine near Boundary Waters
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-admin-cancels-leases-copper-173000136.html

Biden Rescinds Trump Decision to Turn Sacred Arizona Land Into a Copper Mine
https://gizmodo.com/biden-rescinds-trump-decision-to-turn-sacred-arizona-la-1846383015

Biden administration kills Antofagasta’s Minnesota copper project
https://www.mining.com/web/biden-administration-kills-antofagastas-minnesota-copper-project/

Biden Slamming The Door Shut On Much-Needed U.S. Mining
https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-slamming-the-door-shut-on-much-needed-u-s-mining/

Canada is taking their batteries from mining to manufacturing. It is possible to force mining companies to provide better working conditions. But they're capitalists and will fight it with all they have.

Canada is currently a dictatorship. It doesn't have a lot of lithium.

It has 3 percent of the world supply as far as we know. That is a lot of lithium and you do not have to rely on foreign corporations to get it. The battery tech is moving away from rare earth metals. https://www.notebookcheck.net/Solid...esium-conductivity-breakthrough.638783.0.html

Li-ion batteries are already heavy enough. Magnesium based batteries will make the car too heavy to be practical as a car.
Magnesium does not occur as a metal in nature. It is obtained by electrolysis, requiring vast amounts of electricity to produce. Magnesium is in shorter supply than lithium.

Long charge times, insufficient electrical supply, weight, specialized maintenance, and cost are all factors working against the EV.
...and for what?

Look...I don't mind if you want to buy yourself an EV. Go knock yourself out. It is the government mandates and subsidies I mind the most. Don't ask me or anyone else to pay for YOUR car. Don't force anyone to buy a particular car.
I'll drive what I want to drive and you drive what you want to drive. I pay for what I want to drive and you pay for you want to drive. All of it. Deal?

Last edited:
Li-ion batteries are already heavy enough. Magnesium based batteries will make the car too heavy to be practical as a car.
Magnesium does not occur as a metal in nature. It is obtained by electrolysis, requiring vast amounts of electricity to produce. Magnesium is in shorter supply than lithium.

Long charge times, insufficient electrical supply, weight, specialized maintenance, and cost are all factors working against the EV.
...and for what?

Look...I don't mind if you want to buy yourself an EV. Go knock yourself out. It is the government mandates and subsidies I mind the most. Don't ask me or anyone else to pay for YOUR car. Don't force anyone to buy a particular car.
I'll drive what I want to drive and you drive what you want to drive. I pay for what I want to drive and you pay for you want to drive. All of it. Deal?

Of course, you cannot understand the point. The technology on batteries is ongoing. They get a lot more range than they used to only a couple of years ago., There are battery plants being built by auto manufacturers. I assure you, there is nothing you can type that they do not know. They have made great headway in batteries . They are making more. The batteries you keep weeping over are becoming obsolete and replaced again and again.
I don't care what you drive. But you will be in an EV soon.

Of course, you cannot understand the point. The technology on batteries is ongoing. They get a lot more range than they used to only a couple of years ago., There are battery plants being built by auto manufacturers. I assure you, there is nothing you can type that they do not know. They have made great headway in batteries . They are making more. The batteries you keep weeping over are becoming obsolete and replaced again and again.
I don't care what you drive. But you will be in an EV soon.

No one is denying technology is advancing. But if your $70,000 EV becomes obsolete every 2 years, what do you do with them, there's no trade-in value.

Back