Reality check on electric cars

False dilemma fallacy.

Hmmmm, interesting.

91xTYzF.jpg

How crazy are you? Every fucking cell phone, computer, and most electronic devices use cobalt. That is a lot of cobalt.

The only cobalt is a tiny amount in the coin or flatpack battery. EV's use a LOT of cobalt, not the tiny amount used in cell phones or computers.

Waste heat caused by generating that power and transmitting it to the charging stations (which also generates waste heat) and the batteries (which generate waste heat when charging and again when discharging) means the EV uses about twice the energy of a similar sized gasoline car going the same distance.

Each energy conversion creates a loss.
The EV is wasteful of energy.

Waste heat caused by generating that power and transmitting it to the charging stations (which also generates waste heat) and the batteries (which generate waste heat when charging and again when discharging) means the EV uses about twice the energy of a similar sized gasoline car going the same distance.

Each energy conversion creates a loss.
The EV is wasteful of energy.

An EV is just a vehicle with an exhaust pipe in a different location.

An EV is just a vehicle with an exhaust pipe in a different location.

Where's my exhaust pipe? I charge on my solar PV system.

(Don't say it's the manufacturing of the Solar PV because then YOU will have to take into account the carbon impact of the manufacturing of your gasoline as well as the entire service station and gasoline delivery system)

As usual, you are absolutely wrong.https://fresh-energy.org/whats-up-w...rgest use of,powered by lithium-ion batteries. The largest use of cobalt is electronic devices. And before your panties get wet, they are phasing them out. You have a special kind of selective self-ignorance.

People tend to forget the GIGANTIC MASS of electronics that we have in the world.

To selectively focus on EV's as if that is the dominant use of anything even remotely rare or requiring mining is absurd on the face of it.

(Don't say it's the manufacturing of the Solar PV because then YOU will have to take into account the carbon impact of the manufacturing of your gasoline as well as the entire service station and gasoline delivery system)

Lie. It takes days to charge strictly from solar power. Stop making shit up about yourself.

Karen,
It is located in the mines where the 8 year old's forage for cobalt and the trucks that take it for processing, and the ships that bring it to our shores, and the dock equipment that offloads, and so on and so on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...an-rights-abuses-in-cobalt-mining/ar-AA16IZaZ

Back