Reality check on electric cars

No one is denying technology is advancing. But if your $70,000 EV becomes obsolete every 2 years, what do you do with them, there's no trade-in value.

What do you base that on? Your price is more than double what a Bolt costs, There are cheaper EVs out there and even cheaper ones on the way The fact is they are good for more than 200K miles, which is 14 years. So your entire post is wrong.

Of course, you cannot understand the point. The technology on batteries is ongoing. They get a lot more range than they used to only a couple of years ago., There are battery plants being built by auto manufacturers. I assure you, there is nothing you can type that they do not know. They have made great headway in batteries . They are making more. The batteries you keep weeping over are becoming obsolete and replaced again and again.
I don't care what you drive. But you will be in an EV soon.

What do you base that on? Your price is more than double what a Bolt costs, There are cheaper EVs out there and even cheaper ones on the way The fact is they are good for more than 200K miles, which is 14 years. So your entire post is wrong.

Like I said, no trade-in value, they become obsolete. The 200k miles is just an estimation at this point.

Of course, you cannot understand the point. The technology on batteries is ongoing. They get a lot more range than they used to only a couple of years ago., There are battery plants being built by auto manufacturers. I assure you, there is nothing you can type that they do not know. They have made great headway in batteries . They are making more. The batteries you keep weeping over are becoming obsolete and replaced again and again.
I don't care what you drive. But you will be in an EV soon.

I will take that as a 'no'. Since you rejected my offer, all gloves are off. I reject you and your support of The Oligarchy. I reject you and your Elitism. I reject your snobbery over your POS EV.

The Li-ion battery is the same chemistry as any other Li-ion battery. There is no 'technology change' in the Li-ion battery chemistry. You get 5.318 Ah per mole of lithium. You canna' change the laws of physics, cap'n.

Why would I weep over a battery? They are useful devices. Too bad you don't know how they work.
I won't be driving an EV anytime soon. They are useless for my use. You keep chanting this, even though less than 1% of the cars on the road are EVs.

You are a repetitive, chanting, idiot that spends most your time throwing insults with no arguments and showing how hateful you are. You are NOT Elite. You are shit. You can take your POS EV and your subsidies and your mandates and shove it up where no charger can reach.

No one is denying technology is advancing. But if your $70,000 EV becomes obsolete every 2 years, what do you do with them, there's no trade-in value.

He completely ignores the advancements made in the internal combustion engine, of course. When was the last time you saw a carburetor on a new car? They're all FADEC now. They all have EGR now. Even finding a manual transmission on one is getting difficult. They are almost all traditional automatics or CV transmissions now.

The efficiency of today's internal combustion engine is very high now...approaching 50%. Far more efficient than an EV, and lighter as well, allowing much more payload.

Li-ion batteries are exactly the same chemistry as when they were invented in the 70s. Nothing has changed with them at all. No matter how you build a battery or battery pack, 3.158 Ah is produced per mole of lithium. It can be one big battery or a bunch of little batteries. It is the same.

Like I said, no trade-in value, they become obsolete. The 200k miles is just an estimation at this point.

You said all those things and were wrong. You are wrong about this too. Most EVs are too new to appear on the highest used car lists, but Tesla is number 2. The newer ones have not reached the lists yet.

He completely ignores the advancements made in the internal combustion engine, of course. When was the last time you saw a carburetor on a new car? They're all FADEC now. They all have EGR now. Even finding a manual transmission on one is getting difficult. They are almost all traditional automatics or CV transmissions now.

The efficiency of today's internal combustion engine is very high now...approaching 50%. Far more efficient than an EV, and lighter as well, allowing much more payload.

Li-ion batteries are exactly the same chemistry as when they were invented in the 70s. Nothing has changed with them at all. No matter how you build a battery or battery pack, 3.158 Ah is produced per mole of lithium. It can be one big battery or a bunch of little batteries. It is the same.

Yep, great advancement in batteries is exploding with more on the horizon. https://www.technologyreview.com/20...oMHdyccU57o7lC1f0F75nOij23Qs4DzhoCmyoQAvD_BwE

My Hyundai is just fine. Small 4 cyl. with a turbo. A slug out of the hole, but surprisingly nice on the highway. I bought it new and had it over 5 years now with no problems. Needs tires. though.
My other car, however, does have a carb. Mid 1965 technology, ground pounding big block. Sucks hi-test and octane booster to the tune of 10 mpg. Ain't nothing like it on the road today.

You said all those things and were wrong. You are wrong about this too. Most EVs are too new to appear on the highest used car lists, but Tesla is number 2. The newer ones have not reached the lists yet.

How am I wrong? Nothing you say proves it. You're the one who said they become obsolete, not me. I agree and you still argue. You ain't too smart, are you?

Research Shows Electric Charging Stations In America Are Facing Major Problems

According to a research study from J.D. Power, the EV charging network in the US has already eroded, and at least one in five charging attempts by EV drivers failed to connect. And, oh boy, do we relate.

It's bad enough that the adoption rate of all-electric vehicles is double the rate of chargers being installed. Yet, the existing ones are already aging with a lack of maintenance, repair, and software updates to keep up with evolving batteries. According to the report, there was a steady rise from the first quarter of 2021 to the third quarter of 2022 of failed charging attempts from 15 percent to 21 percent. But it gets worse.

According to the research, customer satisfaction with Level 2 and Level 3 chargers has plummeted to its lowest point. Level 2 chargers are typically what you'll find in homes and work parking lots that assume a car will be there for around five to six hours at a time. Level three chargers should charge the majority of an EV's battery in 15-30 minutes.

How am I wrong? Nothing you say proves it. You're the one who said they become obsolete, not me. I agree and you still argue. You ain't too smart, are you?

You claim they have no resale value. Can you keep up with that? However, most EVs are too new to be part of resale lists. Tesla has a car that makes the list and it is no. 2 in resale. Is that hard for you to grasp? Every time I take my Volt for service, the dealer sends me lots of emails and letters offering high prices to buy my car.

You made up a case that EVs have no resale value. Where does obsolete figure into that? The crap you drive is becoming obsolete.

1676307128006-png.1200935

If there’s no value then people will quit buying.

He also lies about the cost. He is making no attempt at honesty. he is trying to win through lies. The EV Leaf is 28,000 dollars. The Bolt is 35 K. There are many ,many EVs that are surprisingly cheap. But he will keep saying 70 K. Would it be fair to say ICEs cost 300,000 bucks because a Rolls Royce does?

He also lies about the cost. He is making no attempt at honesty. he is trying to win through lies. The EV Leaf is 28,000 dollars. The Bolt is 35 K. There are many ,many EVs that are surprisingly cheap. But he will keep saying 70 K. Would it be fair to say ICEs cost 300,000 bucks because a Rolls Royce does?
IMO, he’s not lying, just deluded by basing all of his information on JPP liars and Alt-Right Newz sources.

In short, he’s not that bright.

What I know about electric cars is that slot cars were fun, back in the early seventies, was it?

If we put slots in the roads, electric cars should work just fine...and, it would solve the charging problems.

Back