Reality check on electric cars

LYingfish, you are unable to understand how pollution works. The energy companies are in the process of greening. The tailpipe you see in your smog-filled eyes is getting greener in spite of neanderthals like you.

Nordy, thanks for the bump.

So what? Clean energy
Define 'clean energy'.
is in the hands of the energy companies that are making strides in wind, solar,
Piddle power isn't going to cut it, dude. Solar power is the most expensive method or producing electricity, watt for watt. Wind is the 2nd most expensive. Nuclear is far cheaper., and coal, oil, and natural gas are far cheaper than that.
and nuclear.
The SDTC is shutting down it's last nuclear plant this coming year.
EVs' contribution is not spewing out poisonous exhaust particles that are bad for the lungs and the environment.
Define 'poisonous exhaust particles'. Most power generating plants use coal or natural gas.

The EV requires about twice the energy to travel the same distance as a similar sized gasoline car. The EV is wasteful of energy.

LYingfish, you are unable to understand how pollution works.
There is no 'works' for pollution. You can't even define this 'pollution'. Sorry, dude. Chanting random buzzwords is not going to get you anywhere.
The energy companies are in the process of greening.
Energy has no color. Define this 'greening'.
The tailpipe you see in your smog-filled eyes is getting greener in spite of neanderthals like you.
Tailpipes are generally unpainted metal. I've never seen a green one. What smog?

There is no 'works' for pollution. You can't even define this 'pollution'. Sorry, dude. Chanting random buzzwords is not going to get you anywhere.

Energy has no color. Define this 'greening'.

Tailpipes are generally unpainted metal. I've never seen a green one. What smog?

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Do you see me as your mentor? You have a computer. Look them up. Everyone else here is up to date on the subject. You are saying you do not know the most basic things even what pollution is. Read up on it.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Do you see me as your mentor? You have a computer. Look them up. Everyone else here is up to date on the subject. You are saying you do not know the most basic things even what pollution is. Read up on it.

Still can't define the 'pollution', eh? Void argument fallacy.

I am ignoring your stupidity. As I said, batteries are getting better.
Sodium Ion is in the market this year.

Ah. So you actually think the sodium battery is going to be your salvation, do you? Did you know that sodium batteries are a lot heavier than lithium batteries? That's right! EVs are going to be even heavier! That means even less usable payload!
Oh...you STILL have to charge them too! It still takes too long to charge them, and the electrical grid can't handle large numbers of EVs.

Sodium metal also does not exist in nature. To make the sodium metal, you must electrolyze salt. That takes even MORE energy to do so.

There is a reason less than 1% of the cars on the road are EVs.

Ah. So you actually think the sodium battery is going to be your salvation, do you? Did you know that sodium batteries are a lot heavier than lithium batteries? That's right! EVs are going to be even heavier! That means even less usable payload!
Oh...you STILL have to charge them too! It still takes too long to charge them, and the electrical grid can't handle large numbers of EVs.

Sodium metal also does not exist in nature. To make the sodium metal, you must electrolyze salt. That takes even MORE energy to do so.

There is a reason less than 1% of the cars on the road are EVs.

You say the dumbest shit. Sodium batteries do not exist in nature either. Neither do NICads. can you imagine that parts of automobiles have to be manufactured?

You say the dumbest shit. Sodium batteries do not exist in nature either. Neither do NICads. can you imagine that parts of automobiles have to be manufactured?

I never said sodium or Nicad batteries exist in nature, dumbass.

Electrolyzing sodium from salt is considerably more energy intensive then smelting nickel or cadmium. The electrolysis to obtain sodium also releases highly toxic and extremely reactive chlorine gas.

I am ignoring your stupidity. As I said, batteries are getting better. Sodium Ion is in the market this year.

There is no 'better'. A sodium battery is simply another kind of battery. It's quite a bit heavier than a lithium battery of the same size. This further reduces useful payload if used in an EV. The EV itself will be much heavier than they already are.

There is no 'better'. A sodium battery is simply another kind of battery. It's quite a bit heavier than a lithium battery of the same size. This further reduces useful payload if used in an EV. The EV itself will be much heavier than they already are.

Heavier and thus hard on roads parking structures and bridges, which are already falling apart due to lack of maintenance and old age. The reason the Regime does not care is because they are largely incapable of thinking things through and because it will not be long before the majority are not allowed to own cars and/or will not be able to afford one.

"We are not being groomed to go green, we are being groomed to go without".
Neil Oliver

Heavier and thus hard on roads parking structures and bridges, which are already falling apart due to lack of maintenance and old age. The reason the Regime does not care is because they are largely incapable of thinking things through and because it will not be long before the majority are not allowed to own cars and/or will not be able to afford one.

"We are not being groomed to go green, we are being groomed to go without".
Neil Oliver

Why do you think EVs are heavier than ICEs. https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-massive-cars-people-actually-drive/40298119/ The average EV weighs 200 lbs LESS than the average ICE sold.
You guys lie so damn much.

Why do you think EVs are heavier than ICEs. https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-massive-cars-people-actually-drive/40298119/ The average EV weighs 200 lbs LESS than the average ICE sold.
You guys lie so damn much.

Comparing light trucks and full-size pickups to a passenger car is nothing but a disingenuous lie on your part. By the way, your article never states, or even tries to make, the comparison you claim.

My Nissan Fronter Pro 4X truck weighs 4708 lbs. That's a 4 x 4 crew cab pickup.

A Tesla Model 3 weighs 4065 lbs.

A Chevy Impala weighs 3680 lbs.

Thus, comparing a Tesla to a light truck, the weight is about the same, or the truck weighs slightly more. Compared to a similar ICE car, the Tesla is heavier.

Comparing light trucks and full-size pickups to a passenger car is nothing but a disingenuous lie on your part. By the way, your article never states, or even tries to make, the comparison you claim.

My Nissan Fronter Pro 4X truck weighs 4708 lbs. That's a 4 x 4 crew cab pickup.

A Tesla Model 3 weighs 4065 lbs.

A Chevy Impala weighs 3680 lbs.

Thus, comparing a Tesla to a light truck, the weight is about the same, or the truck weighs slightly more. Compared to a similar ICE car, the Tesla is heavier.

If you put sodium batteries in them, they will weigh a lot more than a full sized pickup truck. Sodium batteries are heavier than lithium batteries. Nordberg thinks that sodium batteries are going to save the EV.

Last edited:
Back