Reality check on electric cars

Electric cars are in it's infancy!
In ten years they will be dominant
Mainstream vehicles.

Was that the headline for an article on this vehicle?

thomas-edison-with-his-detroit-electric-car-circa-1916.jpg

Ancient history

Just as EV's would be today if not for massive support and subsidy by Progressive Leftist government. Without government putting its fist on the scale in the marketplace, EV's would go nowhere, just as they repeatedly have in the past. The ONLY reason EV's have some market share today is because of government meddling in the marketplace. That is the SOLE and ONLY reason for their limited success to date.

Just as EV's would be today if not for massive support and subsidy by Progressive Leftist government. Without government putting its fist on the scale in the marketplace, EV's would go nowhere, just as they repeatedly have in the past. The ONLY reason EV's have some market share today is because of government meddling in the marketplace. That is the SOLE and ONLY reason for their limited success to date.

That is simply your belief. Don't confuse it with fact. Norway is going electric quickly. Lots of nations are. Some of us want to clean the air or at least not make it worse. The Electric Car industry is up against energy companies' huge deep pockets. They take billions in tax breaks and subsidies. If it weren't for all that power, we would have been far ahead in electric development. If EVs were not fun to drive and reliable, they would have already died. That is part of why they are growing.

That is simply your belief. Don't confuse it with fact. Norway is going electric quickly. Lots of nations are. Some of us want to clean the air or at least not make it worse. The Electric Car industry is up against energy companies' huge deep pockets. They take billions in tax breaks and subsidies. If it weren't for all that power, we would have been far ahead in electric development. If EVs were not fun to drive and reliable, they would have already died. That is part of why they are growing.

The environmental action took place in the '70's and '80's. I guess you missed that.

EV is the future

LOL. Try driving one. It's great. Almost no scheduled maintenance, you can charge on your solar at home (I've driven for free for about 3 years now) and the acceleration is off the charts. I love my Bolt.

It's not the only car that anyone ever needs, I realize that. But it's a good car, good range and perfect for 99% of my driving.

Did I mention the "drive for free" part? Yeah, that's cool. I haven't had to go to a gas station for years now...don't even really know the price of gas anymore!

It isn't my "belief," it's a fact. For Norway to get where they have with EV's the government had to literally bribe the country into buying them while regulating heavily against ICE vehicles.

The Norwegian EV incentives:

No purchase/import tax on EVs (1990-2022). From 2023 some purchase tax based on the cars’ weight on all new EVs.
Exemption from 25% VAT on purchase (2001-2022). From 2023, Norway will implement a 25 percent VAT on the purchase price from 500 000 Norwegian Kroner and over
No annual road tax (1996-2021). Reduced tax from 2021. Full tax from 2022.
No charges on toll roads (1997- 2017).
No charges on ferries (2009- 2017).
Maximum 50% of the total amount on ferry fares for electric vehicles (2018)
Maximum 50% of the total amount on toll roads (2018-2022). From 2023 70%
Free municipal parking (1999- 2017)
Access to bus lanes (2005-). New rules allow local authorities to limit the access to only include EVs that carry one or more passengers (2016-)
25% reduced company car tax (2000-2008). 50 % reduced company car tax (2009-2017). Company car tax reduction reduced to 40% (2018-2021) and 20 percent from 2022.
Exemption from 25% VAT on leasing (2015-)
The Norwegian Parliament decided on a national goal that all new cars sold by 2025 should be zero-emission (electric or hydrogen) (2017).
«Charging right» for people living in apartment buildings was established (2017-)
Public procurement:​ From 2022 cars needs to be ZEV​. From 2025 the same applies to city buses​

https://elbil.no/english/norwegian-...ree municipal parking (1999- 2017) More items

That's the official Norwegian government source.

All those subsidies, regulations, tax breaks, etc., were necessary to entice people into taking what the public widely sees as an expensive and inferior product. That's the truth, and it shows in every country trying to get people to mass convert to EV's. People won't waste their money on what they see as a shitty and expensive alternative to what they have now, and that's the problem with EV's. They are unattractive to the vast majority of people.

EV is the future

Only because retards and the devout to the Church of Gorebal Warming in government are forcing them down the public's throats. EV's would have died off as a tiny niche market without MASSIVE government interference in the market using bribes (aka subsidies) and force (aka regulations and laws).

LOL. Try driving one. It's great. Almost no scheduled maintenance, you can charge on your solar at home (I've driven for free for about 3 years now) and the acceleration is off the charts. I love my Bolt.

It's not the only car that anyone ever needs, I realize that. But it's a good car, good range and perfect for 99% of my driving.

Did I mention the "drive for free" part? Yeah, that's cool. I haven't had to go to a gas station for years now...don't even really know the price of gas anymore!

I just bought a Nissian Frontier Pro 4X. I need a pickup for what I do. That was less than half the price of a Ford F150 Lightning or Rivian, and far more reliable since both EV trucks have been subject to numerous recalls now. Aside from that, even those won't go places I go in many cases without serious worry about finding charging stations.

I just bought a Nissian Frontier Pro 4X. I need a pickup for what I do. That was less than half the price of a Ford F150 Lightning or Rivian, and far more reliable since both EV trucks have been subject to numerous recalls now. Aside from that, even those won't go places I go in many cases without serious worry about finding charging stations.

EV is the future

YOu wouldn't buy a Honda Fit for your applications either. So why do you think an EV sedan is going to work everywhere?

Not because they are better, more practical, more economical, or any other positive, but because, and almost solely because, government run by Greentards, Progressives, Leftists, and other idiots are forcing them on the public in the name of their religion.

So driving for free with almost no scheduled maintenance ISN'T economical in your world?

Not because they are better, more practical, more economical, or any other positive, but because, and almost solely because, government run by Greentards, Progressives, Leftists, and other idiots are forcing them on the public in the name of their religion.

The ice powered automobile came into being in late 1800s Germany.
In contrast, the Wright brothers first successful aircraft was launched in 1903.

Thus, the ice car is older than that first aircraft,
and if we're being honest, very few commercial airlines
are still using planes similar to that used that historic day in North Carolina .

Ford did a survey of the new pickup truck of the 150 Lightning owners. They found they use the truck twice as often as 150 ICE owners for home projects and moving stuff.
They use their truck bed at double the rate ICE 150 owners' used theirs.
They use their truck at a 25 percent higher rate for hauling bikes, tents, kayaks, and cooking stoves. They go camping at 25 percent higher frequency.

Ford did a survey of the new pickup truck of the 150 Lightning owners. They found they use the truck twice as often as 150 ICE owners for home projects and moving stuff.
They use their truck bed at double the rate ICE 150 owners' used theirs.
They use their truck at a 25 percent higher rate for hauling bikes, tents, kayaks, and cooking stoves. They go camping at 25 percent higher frequency.

You had me until the camping.
It took humanity many generations to develop civilized indoor accommodations.
I tried "camping" in the army and thus ascertained first hand that civilized indoor accommodations were infinitely superior.

"Camping" without necessity for recreation is a psychotic disorder.
One needs to try luxury resort hotels as a contrast in order to get a proper perspective.

Back