Reality check on electric cars

Snowflake, it is not only about you. EVs are not ready for some applications. They will be though, and then you will not be ready.

It is about me, dumbass. I'm BUYING THE CAR!

I will buy what I want. YOU don't get to dictate what car I buy.

Less than 1% of the cars on the road are EVs. You can see this on any freeway.

I have an older Ford F150 for my truck. It can haul my tractor or a load of rock 70 miles and I can come back for a return trip and do it again AND come back on one tank of fuel. The Ford F150 Lightning can barely go one way, and won't make it back. The Rivian is no better. Neither can haul these loads either. Too much weight in the battery. I have to cut my load to compensate.

Again. There are applications that EVs are not yet able to do. Can you understand that we realize that? However, that problem is fading away. They get better and better. Your defenses get worse and worse. Because you are dragging tons of load every place you go, does not mean everyone is doing that. Of course you would claim a 140-mile trip. Why didn't you make it 250?

Again. There are applications that EVs are not yet able to do.
Trying to back pedal now???
Can you understand that we realize that?
You are denying your own posts again.
However, that problem is fading away. They get better and better.
It's not a problem, since I don't buy EVs.
Your defenses get worse and worse.
I don't have to defend anything. You don't get to dictate what car I buy.
Because you are dragging tons of load every place you go, does not mean everyone is doing that.
Never said every was. A lot of people do carry such loads that kind of distance though.
Of course you would claim a 140-mile trip.
280. 70 * 4 = 280.
Why didn't you make it 250?
280. 70 * 4 = 280.

So when do you think the government will subsidize and mandate enough charging stations to keep people from fighting over a single plug?
Government mandates are destroying California and New York. It will destroy Norway too.

Last edited:
So driving for free with almost no scheduled maintenance ISN'T economical in your world?

It isn't "for free." You still have to pay for the vehicle, pay for the electricity in one form or another, pay for insurance, etc. On the whole, EV's cost out more than equivalent ICE vehicles to operate.

The ice powered automobile came into being in late 1800s Germany.
In contrast, the Wright brothers first successful aircraft was launched in 1903.

Thus, the ice car is older than that first aircraft,
and if we're being honest, very few commercial airlines
are still using planes similar to that used that historic day in North Carolina .

And since the first battery cars were invented, they have repeatedly been tried as a competitor to ICE vehicles and never once succeeded in beating them in the market. The ONLY reason they are competitive today is massive government interference in the marketplace. If government wasn't mandating them, subsidizing them, and forcing people to buy them, they'd be failures today too.

Ford did a survey of the new pickup truck of the 150 Lightning owners. They found they use the truck twice as often as 150 ICE owners for home projects and moving stuff.
They use their truck bed at double the rate ICE 150 owners' used theirs.
They use their truck at a 25 percent higher rate for hauling bikes, tents, kayaks, and cooking stoves. They go camping at 25 percent higher frequency.

Unsourced.

And since the first battery cars were invented, they have repeatedly been tried as a competitor to ICE vehicles and never once succeeded in beating them in the market. The ONLY reason they are competitive today is massive government interference in the marketplace. If government wasn't mandating them, subsidizing them, and forcing people to buy them, they'd be failures today too.

However, if ice cars are helping to destroying the inhabitability of the planet,
and it's impossible for a lucid person to believe
that on this overpopulated globe with nearly eight billion people,
that isn't the case,
perhaps it must be done anyway.

My only hesitation is that fucking around for this long had placed the planet over the tipping point already,
so perhaps, it doesn't matter what we do at this point.

At a more fundamental level than that,
I believe that we have a vastly under-regulated private sector in which consumers and workers alike are vastly under-protected.

You, in contrast, prefer to be on the wrong side of a history where government has always moved on a right to left trajectory.
That's certainly your prerogative, however.

We are the government! You're confusing Democratic Republic, with Trump fascism

In a Consumer Reports survey released in early July, more than a quarter of respondents said that they would not buy an electric vehicle despite its obvious benefits. Only 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely buy or lease an EV, while 22 percent said they would consider getting one as their next car.
https://screenrant.com/why-american...,would consider getting one as their next car.

global-consumer-powertrain-preferences-for-their-next-vehicle-from-deloitte-study_100823837_h.jpg

More than two-thirds (69%) of Americans said their next vehicle won't have any kind of electrification, while only 5% saw their next vehicle being an EV, according to the study, which was conducted globally via email questionnaire. In comparison, 17% said they could see a hybrid as their next car.
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...nt-ev-yet-half-wont-pay-extra-for-electrified

New study explains why nearly 20 percent of electric car owners return to gas
https://thehill.com/changing-americ...y-explains-why-nearly-20-percent-of-electric/

Seems that The People have spoken, and they're voting heavily AGAINST EV's. Few people want them. Many who tried them are returning to ICE vehicles.

Again, the ONLY reason they are succeeding in the marketplace is because of GOVERNMENT COERSEION!

However, if ice cars are helping to destroying the inhabitability of the planet,
and it's impossible for a lucid person to believe
that on this overpopulated globe with nearly eight billion people,
that isn't the case,
perhaps it must be done anyway.

My only hesitation is that fucking around for this long had placed the planet over the tipping point already,
so perhaps, it doesn't matter what we do at this point.

At a more fundamental level than that,
I believe that we have a vastly under-regulated private sector in which consumers and workers alike are vastly under-protected.

You, in contrast, prefer to be on the wrong side of a history where government has always moved on a right to left trajectory.
That's certainly your prerogative, however.

Random phrases and words. No apparent coherency. Try English. It works better.

We are the government! You're confusing Democratic Republic, with Trump fascism

Trump is not a fascist. Buzzword fallacy. There is no such thing as a Democratic Republic. Buzzword fallacy. The people are not The Oligarchy. Buzzword fallacy. Random words and phrases. No apparent coherency.

In a Consumer Reports survey released in early July, more than a quarter of respondents said that they would not buy an electric vehicle despite its obvious benefits. Only 14 percent of respondents said they would definitely buy or lease an EV, while 22 percent said they would consider getting one as their next car.
https://screenrant.com/why-american...,would consider getting one as their next car.

global-consumer-powertrain-preferences-for-their-next-vehicle-from-deloitte-study_100823837_h.jpg

More than two-thirds (69%) of Americans said their next vehicle won't have any kind of electrification, while only 5% saw their next vehicle being an EV, according to the study, which was conducted globally via email questionnaire. In comparison, 17% said they could see a hybrid as their next car.
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...nt-ev-yet-half-wont-pay-extra-for-electrified

New study explains why nearly 20 percent of electric car owners return to gas
https://thehill.com/changing-americ...y-explains-why-nearly-20-percent-of-electric/

Seems that The People have spoken, and they're voting heavily AGAINST EV's. Few people want them. Many who tried them are returning to ICE vehicles.

Again, the ONLY reason they are succeeding in the marketplace is because of GOVERNMENT COERSEION!

Government coercing is not the marketplace. It is fascism and communism. The EV is not succeeding in the marketplace. It can't because of government coercing...in other words fascism and communism. In every single one of these regions you listed, government interference is in place. Thus, the poll itself is biased for that reason alone. Further, no unbiased raw data is available. This poll is meaningless as a result for THAT reason alone.

You can see it on any freeway. Less than 1% of the cars on the road are EVs.

Back