Reality check on electric cars

1717076114528-png.1575664

Anyone can go fast in a straight line. That's not driving.
Then what is it?
Do you jokers mean to say your cars are road racers? What a lie. The discussion was whether an EV is fun to drive. Those who own them say that are. You presume the right to say they are wrong. You children are playing opposites. Not a scrap of honesty in the lot of you.

Last edited:
Then what is it?
Do you jokers mean to say your cars are road racers? What a lie. The discussion was whether an EV is fun to drive. Those who own them say that are. You presume the right to say they are wrong. You children are playing opposites. Not a scrap of honesty in the lot of you.
Is that why people get rid of them? Is that why the EV market is collapsing (again)?

I suppose if a person with a Farrai drops in and says your phony Covbra is a crapy road car and no fun to drive.you will accept that.
ROFL! That "cobra" is a go cart. I'm not too familiar with the FFR Cobras, but I've never seen one that small. As for weight distribution, the engine in my Cobra is set back far enough a Chevy engine's distributor would replace my rear view mirror. Again, even with the big block, it still handles like it's on rails.

BTW, isn't that Lotus a mid or rear engine car? And, can you afford that Lotus??
If a person drops a post saying they have a Ferrari and your fake Cobra is a slow piece of shit and no fun to drive, you would have to capitulate? EVs are fun to drive.

I suppose if a person with a Farrai drops in and says your phony Covbra is a crapy road car and no fun to drive.you will accept that.

If a person drops a post saying they have a Ferrari and your fake Cobra is a slow piece of shit and no fun to drive, you would have to capitulate? EVs are fun to drive.
Damn, you are an idiot! Making any sense at all must be a struggle for you.

EVs are rolling turds.

ROFL! That "cobra" is a go cart. I'm not too familiar with the FFR Cobras, but I've never seen one that small. As for weight distribution, the engine in my Cobra is set back far enough a Chevy engine's distributor would replace my rear view mirror. Again, even with the big block, it still handles like it's on rails.

BTW, isn't that Lotus a mid or rear engine car? And, can you afford that Lotus??
Lotus starting with the Europa are mid-engine. The other thing is even the modern ones weigh in at like 1500 to 1800 lbs with you sitting in it and a full tank of gas. That minimal weight combined with what amounts to a racing suspension makes the cars incredibly maneuverable. Pretty much everybody says they'll out handle anything on the road. There are faster and better acceleration cars, but Lotus out turns anything short of a motorcycle.

Damn, you are an idiot! Making any sense at all must be a struggle for you.

EVs are rolling turds.
Of course, a point in logic would elude you. Your entire vapid point that your car is, in your humble opinion, is fun to drive therefore anyone who thinks EVs are fun to drive is wrong. You may not be able to understand the glaring flaws in the thinking. It makes absolutely no sense. I see why it makes sense to you though.

Lotus starting with the Europa are mid-engine. The other thing is even the modern ones weigh in at like 1500 to 1800 lbs with you sitting in it and a full tank of gas. That minimal weight combined with what amounts to a racing suspension makes the cars incredibly maneuverable. Pretty much everybody says they'll out handle anything on the road. There are faster and better acceleration cars, but Lotus out turns anything short of a motorcycle.
I've seen Lotus at the Lotus dealership. The hi-end cars are quite the pinnacle of modern engineering, but go for over $1 million (at least the one in the showroom did). The other $250k cars sat out in the weather, but were also a feat of engineering.

No doubt, technology has come a long way in the last 20 years since my Cobra was built, it showed in the Porsche GT 4 my friend ordered and we picked up at the Lotus dealership that afternoon. My Cobra was built and set up to run on a road course, sadly the original owner had a stroke and never tracked it. I probably won't track it either. Could it out-run the Porsche GT 4 on a track? Probably not. But it can out accelerate it, and my friend said as much.

Bottom line. There are a number of modern sports cars that could out run my Cobra on a track these days. I won't deny that.
But, back in the day when the Cobra first appeared, NOTHING could beat them, and the 1965 World Championship was proof of it.

I've seen Lotus at the Lotus dealership. The hi-end cars are quite the pinnacle of modern engineering, but go for over $1 million (at least the one in the showroom did). The other $250k cars sat out in the weather, but were also a feat of engineering.

No doubt, technology has come a long way in the last 20 years since my Cobra was built, it showed in the Porsche GT 4 my friend ordered and we picked up at the Lotus dealership that afternoon. My Cobra was built and set up to run on a road course, sadly the original owner had a stroke and never tracked it. I probably won't track it either. Could it out-run the Porsche GT 4 on a track? Probably not. But it can out accelerate it, and my friend said as much.

Bottom line. There are a number of modern sports cars that could out run my Cobra on a track these days. I won't deny that.
But, back in the day when the Cobra first appeared, NOTHING could beat them, and the 1965 World Championship was proof of it.
Back in the 60's you're absolutely right. The Cobra was a world beater. Lotus at the time came out with the equally brilliant Elan

1965-Lotus-Elan-S2-front-three-quarter.jpg

They're two cars that haven't lost their look or styling, nor even performance, half-a-century later. Even today, they're capable of holding their own against the latest in performance cars.

Back in the 60's you're absolutely right. The Cobra was a world beater. Lotus at the time came out with the equally brilliant Elan

1965-Lotus-Elan-S2-front-three-quarter.jpg

They're two cars that haven't lost their look or styling, nor even performance, half-a-century later. Even today, they're capable of holding their own against the latest in performance cars.

BTW, The guy I bought my Cobra from is a Lotus fan. His wife wanted a car with roll-up windows and A/C. He bought a Lotus!

(He did ask me a few years later if I knew anyone with a Cobra for sale! I guess he was "snake bit")

It also shows just how stupid Tesla owners are. You NEVER, EVER put gas containers inside your vehicle for safety reasons.
How many ICE owners have done and are doing the same thing? You are not able to understand how faulty your logic is or how dishonest you guys are in trying to prove the unprovable. No, that incident does not prove Tesla owners are stupid.

Back