Reality check on electric cars

Let's talk about comfort controls in these electric vehicles.. :laugh:

It all runs of of electric? Wow, that's gonna suck battery juice down and not be very powerful.

There's no cooling system to produce heat. Electric heat sucks up juice. You don't want to freeze in your electric car, do you?

That's a big drawback when the climate controls are substandard or suck too much juice in a vehicle.

Then there's the headlights, tail lights, dash lights, etc. and it takes a lot of current to run these things simultaneously.

Indeed it does. I have a different idea for electric engine vehicles with notsomuch battery.

It may go that way beyond our lifetime. Technology is ever-changing. There will always be gasoline and diesel powered vehicles, though.

You know, there were electric cars before gas powered cars. They weren't as efficient then. With today's tech, we'll see if they become efficient enough to compete.

I'm not waiting hours at a charging station to "fill up".

But the demand will be low and there's ample supply right here in the US.

Is that what you think?

Less than a year ago, gas was cheap and plentiful.

Now...?

Give the DEMOCRATS another year or so, and gas will cost more than you can afford to pay.

DTE , our electric company, is selling no2 level chargers for 700 bucks and giving back 500 in rebates. I just have to get an electrician to install a 240 box and cable. They are encouraging us to get one with that deal.

:coolstorybro:

Where will the extra electricity come from?

You know, there were electric cars before gas powered cars. They weren't as efficient then. With today's tech, we'll see if they become efficient enough to compete.

You haven't been paying attention. No domestic manufacture or import of any vehicle with an internal combustion engine will be allowed soon.

The government has dictated the market, and the market is not there.

Is that what you think?

Less than a year ago, gas was cheap and plentiful.

Now...?

Give the DEMOCRATS another year or so, and gas will cost more than you can afford to pay.

Of course they'll keep fossil fuel prices high until demand drops due to electric cars. That's a given..

Back