Republicans are Feeling Invincible Right Now?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member

The question mark is mine, as is the question.... Are they really feeling invincible? I mean your candidate was shot in the ear just a few days ago, bumping Biden's Broken Brain from the headlines. I don't necessarily think that is bad for republicans (the broken brain being booted from the headlines, not the shot in the ear thing), as I think that there is zero possibility that Biden can go 3 months without a major public brain meltdown... But JD Vance? From that deep bench you somehow got a first term Senator as VP?

Media is all in for fascism.
They hate Biden because he is an FDR liberal.
Centrist Democrats hate Biden because he is a liberal.

The oligarchy is at war with the American people.

The question mark is mine, as is the question.... Are they really feeling invincible? I mean your candidate was shot in the ear just a few days ago, bumping Biden's Broken Brain from the headlines. I don't necessarily think that is bad for republicans (the broken brain being booted from the headlines, not the shot in the ear thing), as I think that there is zero possibility that Biden can go 3 months without a major public brain meltdown... But JD Vance? From that deep bench you somehow got a first term Senator as VP?
I was looking for something last night on here and came across a couple of 2016 threads where Jarod was posting that polling showed an increased chance of a Clinton landslide. But just shows because you feel good and polls look good one day doesn't mean it's guaranteed come election time (that applies to Republicans today).

WSJ had a good article on the selection of Vance basically saying Trump feels so confident he doesn't need someone who may help him win certain voters rather he's picking someone who he thinks will be a great successor to carry the #MAGA mantle in four years. A lot of hubris in that...

Trump wanted someone Uber subservient , don't think he gave it much thought until the last few moments

I was looking for something last night on here and came across a couple of 2016 threads where Jarod was posting that polling showed an increased chance of a Clinton landslide. But just shows because you feel good and polls look good one day doesn't mean it's guaranteed come election time (that applies to Republicans today).

WSJ had a good article on the selection of Vance basically saying Trump feels so confident he doesn't need someone who may help him win certain voters rather he's picking someone who he thinks will be a great successor to carry the #MAGA mantle in four years. A lot of hubris in that...
Perhaph you might do a bit more research on Mr. Vance. He is no dummy and many mainstream politicians dislike him which makes him that lore likeable in my eyes.

I will say this about Vance Damo. I really really liked the 2016 JD Vance. I do not like him today (and as he's made clear he doesn't care for old school Reagan Republicans like myself).

But from an experience perspective this guy has shown his worth in the Silicon Valley. He's real sharp so the fact that he hasn't spent his entire life in government doesn't bother me.

Perhaph you might do a bit more research on Mr. Vance. He is no dummy and many mainstream politicians dislike him which makes him that lore likeable in my eyes.
I am quite familiar with Mr. Vance. Your post does nothing to address the point made by the WSJ (of what does he bring to the table vis a vis votes; like Harris did with minorities for Biden, Pence did with evangelicals for Trump, Biden was the old white veteran for Obama etc.)

I guess after his let down by Pence...he went with the most conservative option.
I don't think JD Vance will help him with women or minorities.

I don't feel this way. Either our best security team is inept, or they wanted to let a shot get off before handing a known threat.

I fully expect a letter of 50 security people stating something that helps liberals. or some other October surprise. or another act of violence.

I'm not confident at all. we are dealing with a cornered but wild animal

I am quite familiar with Mr. Vance. Your post does nothing to address the point made by the WSJ (of what does he bring to the table vis a vis votes; like Harris did with minorities for Biden, Pence did with evangelicals for Trump, Biden was the old white veteran for Obama etc.)
Give the public a bit of time to get to know Vance.

I don't like the picking a Senator as VP thing either, but maybe there's something I don't know?

I do know that The Senate IS the most corrupt of government branches. I would have picked outside of The Senate if it was me.

I'm not feeling invincible at all. In fact, I'm predicting tater head is going to win. You can pretty much vote 2 months early, without an ID, while you're taking a dump, there's over 11 million illegal aliens who will probably be registered to vote, and you can drop your ballot in the mail when you live 2 blocks from your precinct.

We're screwed.

The left is famous for bogus polls.

I'm not feeling invincible at all. In fact, I'm predicting tater head is going to win. You can pretty much vote 2 months early, without an ID, while you're taking a dump, there's over 11 million illegal aliens who will probably be registered to vote, and you can drop your ballot in the mail when you live 2 blocks from your precinct.

We're screwed.
I wonder how many of them will receive ballots in the mail.

We're screwed.
How bloody optimistic you are assuming that the person who's name is on the ballot will be the one filling it out.

Back