robdawg right every time

Rob heard that Vick got the plea and immediately rushed to his computer to tell us. You've really turned into somewhat of a single-issue man, Rob.

Ok so here is my take on this whole dog fighting thing.

VIC is likely to get 6-18month sentence from federal
Likely to get 6-18month from state
Likely to be sued by the state
Going to loose out on about 100 Million in contracts with NFL

For killing dogs? People rape and kill humans and get lesser punishment.

I just think this whole thing is a little overboard.

People tend to have a stronger reaction to senseless violence against either children or dogs because they are less capable of protecting themselves from becoming victims.

Agreed it is overboard but then all celeb things go overboard in one direction or another.
I am not as convinced as many that this will end his appeal to falcon fanatics though. Football trumps dawgs.

WHAT! Are you freakin serious? He gets a year here, year there and some fines. You think someone found guilty of murder gets lesser punishment?

Dave its 100M and jail time. What is the difference of some of the methods we kill cattle for eating? its all inhumane.

He does not owe the state or government $100M. That what he loses out on for being a total douchebag. He killed a human, he would have NO chance of coming back to the NFL.

Dave its 100M and jail time. What is the difference of some of the methods we kill cattle for eating? its all inhumane.

Just a society thing. several countries view dogs as meat creatures.

My view on the Greyhound rescue thing. just ship em to china and feed a hungry child.

but now to fight em for "sport" and torture/kill them if they do not perform well.....

look im against having dogs fight. I love dogs. But this is very grey here. so for sporting its ok to shoot deer in the heart with arrows or with guns but its not ok to kill dogs?

I'm betting that not a single person here has ever participated in a protest when a pit bulls kills a child, which happens a lot.

look im against having dogs fight. I love dogs. But this is very grey here. so for sporting its ok to shoot deer in the heart with arrows or with guns but its not ok to kill dogs?
Generally accepted bahaviour in a society rules. Not logical but the way it is.

No, it's not ok. Not in the way that he did it. If I saw someone electricute a deer to death I would want his ass thrown in jail too.

He does not owe the state or government $100M. That what he loses out on for being a total douchebag. He killed a human, he would have NO chance of coming back to the NFL.
There is a player currently who had a DUI manslaughter charge expunged from the books where he killed a child in his drunken stupor, was convicted, served his time, expunged his record, returned to the NFL.

Amazingly this guy had another DUI later.

I'll see if I can find a link, they reported it on the radio on my way home yesterday. They had a huge list of those who harm humans that play in the NFL.

I'm betting that not a single person here has ever participated in a protest when a pit bulls kills a child, which happens a lot.
You keep saying this. What they do other than stand around with signs is go to their city councils and get the breed banned entirely. They certainly act against the breed when Pit Bulls kill people.

There is a player currently who had a DUI manslaughter charge expunged from the books where he killed a child in his drunken stupor, was convicted, served his time, expunged his record, returned to the NFL.

Amazingly this guy had another DUI later.

I'll see if I can find a link, they reported it on the radio on my way home yesterday. There is a huge list of those who harm humans that play in the NFL.

Vick will be back in the NFL too. But if you had to serve the full jail term for murder, you would have no chance of returning to the NFL because you'd be stuck in the cell.

Back