Rock Band

I don't take anything seriously--- I just hope for the best (her leaving, as she stopped contributing months ago and now serves only as LadyT's partner in promoting random attacks on the male posters for not being sensitive enough)

I just randomly picked one of his posts and quoted it. I didn't read it or mean it for any special message to you.

However, if I had it would have been to see you tear into somebody for using the word...

I see. Well, you were right, it is too bad you didn't read it first. I'm glad to hear it wasn't done on purpose though.

You take the post too seriously.

It's just really funny that the tiny, powerless man, thinks I would leave because he called me a word.

I couldn't care less what he calls me. But there's no reason for it to slide under the radar like his other souless shit does.

M'eh. I didn't read it carefully enough. Any post would do, but I would have picked one without that word or given more of a reason for it had I actually read carefully.

I was basically giving back what had been given, but it all backfired on me. Instant karma...

You know, I don't remember quoting Cypress solely so that SF can see it. I might have done it some time, but I don't recall the occassion. So the other part of this, is that you "gave back" to the wrong person.
And that's fine too Damo, normally I really wouldn't care. But it doesn't look good for someone I like to be doing this :readit: to a post calling me a cunt. It's kind of hurtful. Like most people, I don't care what people I have complete contempt for think or say about me. But you're not Gonzo.

I understand your addiction. WHo would have thought that playing plastic guitars and drums is more fun that playing the real thing.

People such as myself who have never done so. I now plan, as a result of this game to go and buy a bass guitar at a secondhand store and take lessons.

What a sour grapes attitude, have a little fun in life! We all can't be Eric Claptons and to be able to have the game gives you a little fantasy time.

Does it even teach you how to play the real thing at all?

No, should it?

Does "Call of Duty" teach you how to be a real soldier?

Does "Assassins Creed" teach you how to be an assassin?

I got it for my girls kid. Been wanting to play it more, but have not gotten to it.

I think it is a great family game and it may encourage children to try the real thing!!! At least that is what I hope the game does.

speaking as someone that has played guitar for 12 years:

I think guitar hero/rock band absolutely help you in some regards to playing the real guitar... it really teaches you rhythm and timing which for a lot of n00bs is a hard thing to grasp.

Oh, good point. It does do that, plus I have heard young men sing who would never do it, otherwise! It is just good, clean fun!

It can teach you to play drums and keep the beats. Check this sick video of a real drummer playing "and justice for all" on RB.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9XLiMfBRo

For guitar it can teach you techniques that you use on real guitar but no it can't teach you to play it.

Damn here is another sick one. "Perfect Drug"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AzYSDlQBiIs

They have online competitions. They are having a "Guitar Hero" contest here in Anchorage for Fur Rondy and the winner will receive a real guitar! Guitar Hero and Rock Band are getting BIG!

It can teach you to play drums and keep the beats. Check this sick video of a real drummer playing "and justice for all" on RB.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9XLiMfBRo

For guitar it can teach you techniques that you use on real guitar but no it can't teach you to play it.

Damn here is another sick one. "Perfect Drug"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AzYSDlQBiIs

My son loves Green Grass and High Tides...he can really play! but he is also a drummer, he can play REAL drums!

People such as myself who have never done so. I now plan, as a result of this game to go and buy a bass guitar at a secondhand store and take lessons.

What a sour grapes attitude, have a little fun in life! We all can't be Eric Claptons and to be able to have the game gives you a little fantasy time.

I don't understand your post....did you think I was being sarcastic? I've played guitar for 20 years and I seriously have more fun playing rock band. I wasn't being sarcastic or insulting, or sour grapes...wtf.

speaking as someone that has played guitar for 12 years:

I think guitar hero/rock band absolutely help you in some regards to playing the real guitar... it really teaches you rhythm and timing which for a lot of n00bs is a hard thing to grasp.

Dear Grind,

I am better than you at playing guitar. Guitar hero is for n00bs with b00bs.

Sorry.

Love, WM

Dear Watermark,

I would own your face and cut your head at a guitar playing contest. Bring it homos.

Love, BF

I don't think that my folk and Hawaiian Jazz would sound too well with your death metal. It would be an interesting sound, though.

I know more about music than anyone at the site. Oh the PWNership!

Last edited:
Back