Rock Band

I hate it when people define themselves by their music.

Particularly shitty music, like the two of you seem to listen to.

Turn on the radio sometime and find some good rap.

watermark claims to know the most about music

It's not a claim anymore than gravity is Newton's claim.

despite the fact all he listens to is acoustic emo folk

I listen to everything. Besides rap, which doesn't count as music anyway.

and he's only played music for a very limited amount of time.

Like since I was 10?

vs.

Grind who has an eclectic taste including indie rock, post-rock, electronica, trip hop, etc

You've gotta be shitting me. That's all basically a sub-genre of the same shit. It all sounds the same. It's like ****** teaching me about the nuances and difference between west-side rap and east-side rap.

and has played guitar for more than 12 years.

I bet you can even play "Come As You Are".

Not that this argument isn't stupid to begin with, but if there is going to be a winner it isn't you watermark.

k thx bye watermark = e-pwned

I guess this is where I declare ownership.

Last edited:
I hate it when people define themselves by their music.

Particularly shitty music, like the two of you seem to listen to.

Turn on the radio sometime and find some good rap.

Good rap is an oxymoron. Only morons without taste listen to the radio. This is like telling me that I don't understand art until I've watched American Idol, except several times more crass.

Last edited:
Well I only told you to find some good rap to make you mad. I don't like all rap but the stuff I like is my favorite music.

There's a lot to be said for listening to music that fits your own tastes, but listening to some bands with recognizable names sometimes wouldn't kill you either.

I actually am in agreement with Watermark for once. Rap sucks a big one. So does country for that matter. I'm open to most anything else, including indie rock, which you are dissing Grind for, and which I pointed out there is at least one kick-ass song currently playing on the radio...

Of course, my favorites are not always too popular. Not much controversy in saying alternative rock circa 1998-2001, but I also am a fan of disco, techno dance and hip hop. :)

and LOL at saying post-rock = electronica or trip hop = indie rock. Bitch please . . .

Tell me how similar god speed you black emperor is anything like portishead, how a silver mt zion is like rjd2 or yuka honda and how they are similar to wolf parade or arcade fire. L.O.L.

and LOL at saying post-rock = electronica or trip hop = indie rock. Bitch please . . .

Tell me how similar god speed you black emperor is anything like portishead, how a silver mt zion is like rjd2 or yuka honda and how they are similar to wolf parade or arcade fire. L.O.L.
Now you are just makin' stuff up! ;)

Tell me how Tupac is similar to Biggie Smalls.

Come on. Just do it.

Seriously, all the people who listen to indie rock listen to all of that stuff. They sound very different on the surface but they all come from the same roots (well, newer same roots than most things share).

Well I only told you to find some good rap to make you mad. I don't like all rap but the stuff I like is my favorite music.

There's a lot to be said for listening to music that fits your own tastes, but listening to some bands with recognizable names sometimes wouldn't kill you either.

Well I don't ever listen to the beatles.

However, I LOVE Nickleback and Hinder.

Dude, Hinder's awesome, and so is Nickleback! But I also listen to the Beatles... :)

On the other hand, I like some indie rock but I don't listen to Tupac, so eff off Waterdork!
Beatles are awesome, but pale to Elvis...

Back