Roughly 90 days until College Football starts again!!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Oh Topper, just one more piece for your nightmares.

The Bama Defense has not allowed an opposing team to have an individual rush for more over 100 yards since October 13th 2007.

Thats a 34 game streak of holding RBs to less than 100 yards.

:cof1:

Late recruiting news!

A kid named Brandon Ivory will be playing for the Crimson Tide.

6'3", 330lbs and can dunk a basketball. He has future noseguard written all over him.

Saban loves a huge guy in the middle of the D Line, and this kid should be a solid run-stopper.

A Buckeyes recruit was shot this week.....for the second time....if he survives I hope they keep him. Imagine lining up against a guy who's been shot twice and survived. Scary dude.

I've heard of playing by Big 10 rules (No Blood, No Foul) but this guy definately crosses that line! LOL

Late recruiting news!

A kid named Brandon Ivory will be playing for the Crimson Tide.

6'3", 330lbs and can dunk a basketball. He has future noseguard written all over him.

Saban loves a huge guy in the middle of the D Line, and this kid should be a solid run-stopper.
Best nose guard I ever saw play the game was 6'1" and 275# and was an 11th round draft pick by the NFL. Went to college on a wrestling scholarship.

Best nose guard I ever saw play the game was 6'1" and 275# and was an 11th round draft pick by the NFL. Went to college on a wrestling scholarship.

Saban loves the 3-4 defensive scheme. And to work, it needs a nose guard that can plug up the middle. Its not so much about sacks as it is forcing everything outside. Thats why Mt Cody was such a success.

Saban loves the 3-4 defensive scheme. And to work, it needs a nose guard that can plug up the middle. Its not so much about sacks as it is forcing everything outside. Thats why Mt Cody was such a success.
The Problem with guys like Mt. Cody is that they can't play 3 downs in a row. A good trap blocking scheme can neutralize them too if they lack athletic ability.

The Problem with guys like Mt. Cody is that they can't play 3 downs in a row. A good trap blocking scheme can neutralize them too if they lack athletic ability.

Cody played 3 downs when it was needed, but mostly it was 1st, 2nd, and 4th downs. The thing is that trap blocks can work for the noseguard, but it lets the other rushers in and they are faster.

But if you stuff the run on 1st and 2nd down, most teams will try to pass.

The proof is in the pudding. Last year no team had a single rusher get 100 yards against us.

A Buckeyes recruit was shot this week.....for the second time....if he survives I hope they keep him. Imagine lining up against a guy who's been shot twice and survived. Scary dude.

I've heard of playing by Big 10 rules (No Blood, No Foul) but this guy definately crosses that line! LOL

Shot twice? Ok, run the ball to the other side.

Someone just sent me the stats on our new kicker.

Cade Foster is another player we recruiter out of Southlakle Carrol.

The kid runs a 4.6 in the 40, benches 370, and squats 525.

70% of his kickoffs have been touchbacks. He hit 3 FGs for 45 yards his junior year, and has hit from 48 yards out. Last year he was 11/15 on FGs.

But the fun part is that he also plays linebacker, and was the teams leading tackler. 76 tackles, 33 solotackles, 3.5 sacks, & 9 tackles for loss.

Gotta love a kicker who can kickass after he does his primary job.

Fox Sports ranked the top 10 running backs in the SEC.

#1 & #2 are both wearing the Crimson Tide colors. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson make a dual running threat that will make defensive coordinators wake up at night in a cold sweat.

under 60 days
BAMA is suck a lock that we'll all be playing for second place.

My money says its between Ark and LSU for second. Auburn is over-rated, Ole Miss is gonna suck, and MS State will win only a few.

It's going to be feast or Famine for LSU, either our QB steps up like a Junior with 15 starts should or we take a huge step out of the elite group. I don't think we have a seasoned QB as Plan B. And we have ? marks on RB and Dline that a wishy washey QB won't overcome.

It's going to be feast or Famine for LSU, either our QB steps up like a Junior with 15 starts should or we take a huge step out of the elite group. I don't think we have a seasoned QB as Plan B. And we have ? marks on RB and Dline that a wishy washey QB won't overcome.

It will depend on how the D for the Razorbacks steps up.

If Ark. gets their defensive game together, their QB could lead them to big things. They scare me more than Penn State or Florida.

The season is getting closer! I am ready for more of Saban's trademarked "Make his ass quit" football.

The defense lost some starters, but it still has plenty that had significant playing time. It still has plenty of raw talent. And it still has one of the best coordinators in the college game.

The offense has almost all the significant players fromn last year, and has some new additions that should open it up even more.

The special teams worry me, but the new kicker went 11-15 on field goals in high school, and 70% of his kickoffs went out the backside of the endzone.

ROLL TIDE!!

The season is getting closer! I am ready for more of Saban's trademarked "Make his ass quit" football.

The defense lost some starters, but it still has plenty that had significant playing time. It still has plenty of raw talent. And it still has one of the best coordinators in the college game.

The offense has almost all the significant players fromn last year, and has some new additions that should open it up even more.

The special teams worry me, but the new kicker went 11-15 on field goals in high school, and 70% of his kickoffs went out the backside of the endzone.

ROLL TIDE!!

OK enough with the nightmare material:clink:

yeah, I'd rather see you guy's be the beast than gators.
when I was a kid I was a tide fan before a tiger fan because of Bear.

yeah, I'd rather see you guy's be the beast than gators.
when I was a kid I was a tide fan before a tiger fan because of Bear.

Bear was an amazing man. I had the opportunity to meet him several times as I was growing up. If you ask any of his former players who had the greatest impact on their lives, almost all will point back at him.

Yeah, I'd rather see us be the beast over FL too.

Back