Roughly 90 days until College Football starts again!!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
We host Penn State and visit Arkansas in September. That will have us facing two very different styles. If we survive them both I will breathe easier.
Penn State is rebuilding this year but obviously there not a team you want to take lightly. Iowa and OSU will be the cream of the Big 10 this year.

Penn State is rebuilding this year but obviously there not a team you want to take lightly. Iowa and OSU will be the cream of the Big 10 this year.

I am glad to be getting the games back with Penn State. We have had some great ones with them over the years.

I still would put the Goal Line Stand up as one of the all time great college football plays.

LSU has as good a chance as the Buckeyes
1 loss in the weak ass big 10 will do it.
Iowa, Mich, Penn State will be capable underdogs

Penn State will have already lost at least one by the time they play OSU. They come to Tuscaloosa to play us on Bear's birthday. The Tide will be rollin!

I'm talking about thier shot at the Buckeyes, they have nearly no shot at NC.
Bama will beat them by 2 td's minimum.

I'm talking about thier shot at the Buckeyes, they have nearly no shot at NC.
Bama will beat them by 2 td's minimum.

I am not as worried about Penn State as I am about the Razorbacks and the Gators. Both of those teams can hang 30 points on you pretty quick.

I don't think so and I"ll tell you why. Look at where Boise is rated. If they go undefeated they will play in the BCSCG. Looking at their schedule, they probably will. If they do, then a 1 loss team doesn't stand a chance of making it to the BCSCG. I fucking hate the BCS.

I am not as worried about Penn State as I am about the Razorbacks and the Gators. Both of those teams can hang 30 points on you pretty quick.
You'd better worry about them. They have the best defense you'll face till you play Florida. PSU may not go undefeated but the'll probably be a 8+ win team and they will be prepared. Bama is a great team but son, ya'll better bring your A game to Happy Valley. (or are they playing in Bugtussle this year?).

BTW, PSU is 5-2 against SEC teams since 1990.

Last edited:
I hate that Boise gets credit for beating the Idaho's of the world.
BCS is better than prior. I'd prefer an 8 team playoff.

they whine about too many games, In my book number 9 and below rarely beat No1.
Maybe give the top 4 a bye in the first round to speed it up.

You'd better worry about them. They have the best defense you'll face till you play Florida. PSU may not go undefeated but the'll probably be a 8+ win team and they will be prepared. Bama is a great team but son, ya'll better bring your A game to Happy Valley. (or are they playing in Bugtussle this year?).

BTW, PSU is 5-2 against SEC teams since 1990.

Oh I am not saying that Penn State will be a pushover. I know they have a kickass defense and one of the best RBs in college. But a smash-mouth, running game battle is what we do well. However, our secondary (other than Mark Barron) is untested. An accurate passer can do a huge amount of damage. A ground attack that eats the clock is what we WANT to go up against.

they whine about too many games, In my book number 9 and below rarely beat No1.
Maybe give the top 4 a bye in the first round to speed it up.
It's BS. When you look at the travel Basketball players have to do their arguments on travel just doesn't hold water. Besides with 16 games all the conferences will get represented and you'll still have 4 slots open for at large teams they can dole out to the power conferences.

Oh I am not saying that Penn State will be a pushover. I know they have a kickass defense and one of the best RBs in college. But a smash-mouth, running game battle is what we do well. However, our secondary (other than Mark Barron) is untested. An accurate passer can do a huge amount of damage. A ground attack that eats the clock is what we WANT to go up against.
Moot point really. I can't imagine Bama NOT bringing their A game to Happy Valley and I have to give them big credit for doing so. Who is LSWho playing for non-conf? Sister Mary's school for quadraplegics?

Moot point really. I can't imagine Bama NOT bringing their A game to Happy Valley and I have to give them big credit for doing so. Who is LSWho playing for non-conf? Sister Mary's school for quadraplegics?

Looks like North Carolina and West Virginia. Not the bottom, but certainly not powerhouses.

I am curious about Duke's D. I keep reading that it will be tough. But I am wondering if that means "tough for the ACC" or actually tough?

And I think Penn State will bring their A Game to Tuscaloosa. We get to take our A Game to Happy Valley next year.

who are the Buckeyes playing, North Carolina as the season opener is not a pansy game at all. that said the pain of the LSU tharshing is still very evident.

I am ready to see the Crimson Tide take the field. McElroy has been getting some ugly press as the guy who just hands off to Ingram. But he managed to pass for over 2500 yards, completed 61% and only had 4 interceptions. I'll take that over a wild gunner with lots of turnovers anyday.

who are the Buckeyes playing, North Carolina as the season opener is not a pansy game at all. that said the pain of the LSU tharshing is still very evident.
Were playing the Miami Hurricanes.
In fact I have a friend from Miami who is an alum of the U and he might be able to get me tickets. :)

Were playing the Miami Hurricanes.
In fact I have a friend from Miami who is an alum of the U and he might be able to get me tickets. :)

It oughta be a good game. I think OSU's defense is gonna make that young QB run for his life.

Back