Roughly 90 days until College Football starts again!!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Big news for the future!

We know Saban likes playing big names outside the SEC, and it looks like its gonna happen again in 2012.

While nothing has been signed, it looks like Alabama and Michigan will play the season opener in Dallas to start the 2012 season.

Good stuff!
It will be if Rich Rod can get his shit together. Looks like some of the SEC is responding to the criticism that their to chicken to play tough non-conf games. Big props to the Tide. Mean while LSWho is still play Sister Mary's school for quadraplegics. Guess their school colors are yellow for a reason, eh?

It will be if Rich Rod can get his shit together. Looks like some of the SEC is responding to the criticism that their to chicken to play tough non-conf games. Big props to the Tide. Mean while LSWho is still play Sister Mary's school for quadraplegics. Guess their school colors are yellow for a reason, eh?

He as 2 years to get it together. lol

I am glad to see Saban (and Mal Moore) working to schedule tougher teams.

But, while we play Penn State this year, we also play GA State. I would say look at GA State's win/loss records, but they don't have one. It is their first year playing football.

He as 2 years to get it together. lol

I am glad to see Saban (and Mal Moore) working to schedule tougher teams.

But, while we play Penn State this year, we also play GA State. I would say look at GA State's win/loss records, but they don't have one. It is their first year playing football.
The only way he gets another year is if he wins 8 games this year. If he wins 7 he'll be on the bubble. If he wins 7 and beats Ohio State he'll get another year. If he only wins only 6 he's gone for sure. If he wins 7 and loses to Ohio State, he probably won't be back.

I'll tell you this, the way Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn St and Mich St look, if UM also picks up their game and OSU can go undefeated, they will certainly deserve a BCSNCG slot. I'm not counting chickens. Pryor is still playing on potential and still hasn't demonstrated he can throw the ball consistently. Like wise Brandon Seine hasn't proven he can stay health for a whole season. Those two need to have All American numbers for the Bucks to win the Big 10 this year. It's going to be a slugfest and I'm not optimistic any team in the conference will go undefeated and with Boise State out there.....I don't think a 1 loss team will get the bid.

The only way he gets another year is if he wins 8 games this year. If he wins 7 he'll be on the bubble. If he wins 7 and beats Ohio State he'll get another year. If he only wins only 6 he's gone for sure. If he wins 7 and loses to Ohio State, he probably won't be back.

I'll tell you this, the way Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn St and Mich St look, if UM also picks up their game and OSU can go undefeated, they will certainly deserve a BCSNCG slot. I'm not counting chickens. Pryor is still playing on potential and still hasn't demonstrated he can throw the ball consistently. Like wise Brandon Seine hasn't proven he can stay health for a whole season. Those two need to have All American numbers for the Bucks to win the Big 10 this year. It's going to be a slugfest and I'm not optimistic any team in the conference will go undefeated and with Boise State out there.....I don't think a 1 loss team will get the bid.

The key will be whether Boise St can get by Frank Beamer and his VATech team.

Beamer is known for tough defenses, and they have the second best pair of running back in the NCAA this year. (behind Bama of course)

If Boise St gets slapped down hard by VATech, do you think that will shut anyone up?

After all, they are returning 20 of their players from last year, so it is virtually the same team that they had.

It's not fair to Mich or Rich rod, bama will rape them.

Nice to see Mott's anus is still puckering from the thumping LSU put on OHIO SLOW!!!

It's not fair to Mich or Rich rod, bama will rape them.

Nice to see Mott's anus is still puckering from the thumping LSU put on OHIO SLOW!!!

Unless they build something major in th enext 2 years, I think you are right about Michigan.

But OSU is loaded this year and should be in the hunt, if not in the big game.

I think Boise St has shown they should change the way the teams are crowned "Champion".

But I don't think they would have beaten any of the top 4 teams last year.
Same here but they are playing the game by the rules and thus if they go undefeated should get their opportunity. It just sucks that the powers that be are denying us a real and meaningful college national champion.

Same here but they are playing the game by the rules and thus if they go undefeated should get their opportunity. It just sucks that the powers that be are denying us a real and meaningful college national champion.

Indeed they have. I am all for them having a shot at the title. I was hoping Texas would lose to Nebraska last year, so we could play Boise.

I think the NC should be decided on the field, not by computers or in the imaginations of pseudo-journalists.

Just reading about VATech.

They lost an early season game to LSU in 2007, and the opener to Bama in 2009. Both of those went on to win the NC.

So if Boise beats them on sept 6th, it could be a sign Boise is going the distance.

Come on Beamer, kick some ass!

A great quote from Kirby Smart, defensive coordinator for the Crimson Tide:

"Historically, the teams that can run the ball and stop the run win more games. Offenses today want to throw the ball. The players like it, and it is fun. At the University of Alabama, we are not about fun. We are about toughness, being physical and winning ball games. The players have fun by winning games and championships."

A great quote from Kirby Smart, defensive coordinator for the Crimson Tide:

"Historically, the teams that can run the ball and stop the run win more games. Offenses today want to throw the ball. The players like it, and it is fun. At the University of Alabama, we are not about fun. We are about toughness, being physical and winning ball games. The players have fun by winning games and championships."
Yup, that sentiment is shared on High Street in Columbus Town. Offense Scores points, Defense wins games, Special Teams win Championships. Hard hitting and mistake free aggresive football is what wins games. I've never seen a team that couldn't run the ball or stop the run that won a championship.

Props for home town boy Ross Homan. His kid brother will be playing for the Bucks as a full back this year That's two kids from little itty bitty Coldwater, Ohio playing for the Buckeyes. They know how to grow football players in Mercer County.

Jeff Hartings, Jim Lechey, Bobby Hoying, Jim Otis, to name a few. All from a rural county of less then 25,000 people. Though Mercer counties most famous resident is Rock n Roller Rick Derringer who wrote the State's official rock song "Hang On Sloopy".

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1113233

Last edited:
Props for home town boy Ross Homan. His kid brother will be playing for the Bucks as a full back this year That's two kids from little itty bitty Coldwater, Ohio playing for the Buckeyes. They know how to grow football players in Mercer County.

Jeff Hartings, Jim Lechey, Bobby Hoying, Jim Otis, to name a few. All from a rural county of less then 25,000 people. Though Mercer counties most famous resident is Rock n Roller Rick Derringer who wrote the State's official rock song "Hang On Sloopy".

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1113233

Sometimes a small town puts up great players. It is completely out of proportion to the population.

Ashland AL has put 4 players on the UA team.

Sometimes a small town puts up great players. It is completely out of proportion to the population.

Ashland AL has put 4 players on the UA team.
Sometimes it's a confluence of culture and genetics. The rural area I'm from was settled by Big Boned German Farmers (and these folks make Dixie look like a bleeding heart liberal, I have no illusions as to why the Nazi's arose to power in Germany). So you got a lot of big strong kids who like contact sports and a school system that is vastly more concerned about winning football games then having qualified math and science teachers (thank God I got most of my high school education in Iowa, though Coldwater is still light years aheand of Arkansas! LOL). Though the school I graduated from brags about it's atheletes, the town I was born in brags about it being Neil Armstrongs home town. I prefer the later braging rights. :)

Sometimes it's a confluence of culture and genetics. The rural area I'm from was settled by Big Boned German Farmers (and these folks make Dixie look like a bleeding heart liberal, I have no illusions as to why the Nazi's arose to power in Germany). So you got a lot of big strong kids who like contact sports and a school system that is vastly more concerned about winning football games then having qualified math and science teachers (thank God I got most of my high school education in Iowa, though Coldwater is still light years aheand of Arkansas! LOL). Though the school I graduated from brags about it's atheletes, the town I was born in brags about it being Neil Armstrongs home town. I prefer the later braging rights. :)

Small towns revel in the glory of high school football. The town I mentioned earlier is a little redneck burg in the middle of nowhere. But strong farm boys with little else to do besides sports. And it is their shot at glory.

Back