Roughly 90 days until College Football starts again!!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
Looks like North Carolina and West Virginia. Not the bottom, but certainly not powerhouses.

I am curious about Duke's D. I keep reading that it will be tough. But I am wondering if that means "tough for the ACC" or actually tough?

And I think Penn State will bring their A Game to Tuscaloosa. We get to take our A Game to Happy Valley next year.
Gotcha. Advantage Tide. Gonna be a hell of a game. I'm looking forward to it.

Gotcha. Advantage Tide. Gonna be a hell of a game. I'm looking forward to it.

It should be a low scoring affair. And with both our punter and our placekicker being new, we could have some troubles in the first 3 quarters of the game. I predict we will win it in the 4th.

I think Miami is in big trouble vs buckeyes. They just have not made it back to elite status yet. Ohio Slow by 10

Trey DePriest has committed to Alabama!!

Sorry Mott, we get the stud linebacker.

It oughta be a good game. I think OSU's defense is gonna make that young QB run for his life.
Both our defensive and offensive line are monstrous. I'd stack our defensive line against any team in the nation and our offensive line is scary. The three interior lineman are NFL caliber and our two tackles were both rated as the #1 tackles in the nation when they were recruited. If they live up to that billing this year our offensive line will be scary good. Same with Brandon Seine. If he stays healthy and learns to run to daylight......good god....he has the power to run inside and blow past arm tackles and move the pile and he has the speed to run outside. This kid has world class speed. Most linebackers won't be able to run with him and he can run over most DB's. Unfortunately he's shown a disconcerting lack of vision, footwork and instinct to run for daylight. In natural talent he's really reminiscent of Paul Warfield but just hasn't been able to realize that talent yet. I think that this year a lot of teams are going to show up looking to stop Pryor and are going to be surprise by Seine. Shades of 74 when teams stacked the deck to stop Archie and ended up getting bull dozed by Pete Johnson.

I think Miami is in big trouble vs buckeyes. They just have not made it back to elite status yet. Ohio Slow by 10
Were not taking them lightly and since the odds are it won't be a bone chilling 60 degrees out I'm pretty sure The U will bring their A game. Since were playing in the shoe I agree with you and will go with the Bucks by 10. I'm hoping that we blow the Canes out and they go on to savage the ACC. That will get a lot of peoples attention.

It will work as well as the GA Bulldogs "Blackout" did 2 years ago?

We beat them like a redheaded step-child.
You're making a big mistake if you think UGA is in the same league as PSU. UGA is comparable to Iowa and Wisconsin.....but not the beast from the east. It's gonna be more like playing in Death Valley or Neyland Stadium when the Vols have their A game. You're just lucky your playing them early in the season. Happy Valley tends to be wet and miserable in Oct and Nov. It's hostile enough playing there when the weathers nice.

Round one I'm picking the Tide by 3. Don't bitch and moan if you win by that small a margin considering the high expectations there in Bugtussle. Any win over PSU you can walk away from is a good one.

Last edited:
2010 Preseason Coaches Poll is out. While largely meaningless,since no games have been played, it does give Alabama and Ohio State a shot at the big game.

If neither team loses, we'll meet in the BCS Championship game.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Just a fun thought:

Pundits are making their preseason picks as Alabama and Ohio State in the big game. I don't think Texas will make it thru their season unbeaten. If OSU loses a game, and Bama stays undefeated (which means FL would lose-probably twice), we could see Boise State and the Crimson Tide play for the NC.

That sounds like an excellent game from my perspective.

Just a fun thought:

Pundits are making their preseason picks as Alabama and Ohio State in the big game. I don't think Texas will make it thru their season unbeaten. If OSU loses a game, and Bama stays undefeated (which means FL would lose-probably twice), we could see Boise State and the Crimson Tide play for the NC.

That sounds like an excellent game from my perspective.
That's why I"m hoping Boise loses a game. If there are only two undefeated teams and Boise is one of them, the'll play in the NCG. I wouldn't count the Buckeyes out though, Pryor looked hot in spring drills. I think you'll see less running and more passing and that's scary.

The feel good news of the year for Buckeye fans is that Tyler Moeller, who was scheduled as a starter on the depth chart last summer appears to have recovered from a serious brain injury after an assault last year in Florida. He was at a family function at a pub in Tampa when some local punk sucker punched him and knocked him out (it had nothing to do with Florida/OSU rivalry). Tylers head hit the floor so hard he suffered a cracked skull and suffered stroke like symptoms. He ended up having surgery where two holes were drilled into his skull to relieve the pressure and that put out him out for 2009. The punk who assaulted him has plead guilty to felony assault charges.

It looks like Tyler has made a full recovery and just in time. He's intended to play a floater position between safety and linebacker and at 210 lb with 4.4 speed he should be able to make a significant contribution to the team. I hope he has a great year.

That's why I"m hoping Boise loses a game. If there are only two undefeated teams and Boise is one of them, the'll play in the NCG. I wouldn't count the Buckeyes out though, Pryor looked hot in spring drills. I think you'll see less running and more passing and that's scary.

The feel good news of the year for Buckeye fans is that Tyler Moeller, who was scheduled as a starter on the depth chart last summer appears to have recovered from a serious brain injury after an assault last year in Florida. He was at a family function at a pub in Tampa when some local punk sucker punched him and knocked him out (it had nothing to do with Florida/OSU rivalry). Tylers head hit the floor so hard he suffered a cracked skull and suffered stroke like symptoms. He ended up having surgery where two holes were drilled into his skull to relieve the pressure and that put out him out for 2009. The punk who assaulted him has plead guilty to felony assault charges.

It looks like Tyler has made a full recovery and just in time. He's intended to play a floater position between safety and linebacker and at 210 lb with 4.4 speed he should be able to make a significant contribution to the team. I hope he has a great year.

I think OSU will be in the hunt. I am looking forward to seeing them do great things season.

The down side of all this is that getting a ticket to see a game is going to be a very expensive proposition.

I have some friends that may be able to get me tickets to some home games. I am willing to pay dearly for the Penn State game.

But yeah, the down side to your team doing well is how expensive it gets to go to the game.

Big news for the future!

We know Saban likes playing big names outside the SEC, and it looks like its gonna happen again in 2012.

While nothing has been signed, it looks like Alabama and Michigan will play the season opener in Dallas to start the 2012 season.

Good stuff!

Back