Roughly 90 days until College Football starts again!!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
1 more week till the season starts. Watch out Thundering herd, your going to be facing over 100,000 nuts!

I always wondered what it must be like to be a smaller school fan and go into one of these huge stadiums full of fanatical fans.

Must be close to what the christians felt entering the Coliseum in Rome.

Lets hope for undefeated seasons for both the Buckeyes and the Tide, and for VTech to whip Boise. Then we can start some serious namecalling and jeering before the big game.

I always wondered what it must be like to be a smaller school fan and go into one of these huge stadiums full of fanatical fans.

Must be close to what the christians felt entering the Coliseum in Rome.

Lets hope for undefeated seasons for both the Buckeyes and the Tide, and for VTech to whip Boise. Then we can start some serious namecalling and jeering before the big game.
I won't even think about it until after we play that team up north. I can't bash Bama, that's one SEC team that isn't running away from the competition. If we beat said team up north, I'll start trash talking then. :)

I won't even think about it until after we play that team up north. I can't bash Bama, that's one SEC team that isn't running away from the competition. If we beat said team up north, I'll start trash talking then. :)

Oh I understand completely. There are a lotta tough games between now and the end of the season. That cow college in south Alabama being one of the tough ones at the end.

But if it comes down to Bama and the Buckeyes, it will mean your QB finally played up to his potential, and Bama's defense has sorted out the issues with the newbies.

That will mean an excellent NC game,

Oh I understand completely. There are a lotta tough games between now and the end of the season. That cow college in south Alabama being one of the tough ones at the end.

But if it comes down to Bama and the Buckeyes, it will mean your QB finally played up to his potential, and Bama's defense has sorted out the issues with the newbies.

That will mean an excellent NC game,
The Buckeyes need to erase the stain of their performance against the SEC in post season play. Over the last 20 years, if you subratact OSU's embarrasing record, the Big 10 has owned the SEC, throw OSU's pitafull record in there and we've been pathetic.

The Buckeyes need to erase the stain of their performance against the SEC in post season play. Over the last 20 years, if you subratact OSU's embarrasing record, the Big 10 has owned the SEC, throw OSU's pitafull record in there and we've been pathetic.

You need to play LSU again. lol

I can root for you to go undefeated in the regular season, but ain't now way in hell I can even think about Bama losing to ya'll in the big game.

:eek:

You need to play LSU again. lol

I can root for you to go undefeated in the regular season, but ain't now way in hell I can even think about Bama losing to ya'll in the big game.

:eek:
Ya know the one nice thing about being #1 or #2 in the polls is that you don't have to root for another team to lose except the team you're playing. :)

Well except Noter Dame, Who the fuck wants to see them win....ever!

Ya know the one nice thing about being #1 or #2 in the polls is that you don't have to root for another team to lose except the team you're playing. :)

Well except Noter Dame, Who the fuck wants to see them win....ever!

We can certainly agree on that. I can root for any team that is playing the irish.

I have been reading more and more old articles about Bama.

At the beginning of 2009 the popular consensus among sports writers is that Bama's defense was goingto be weak, since we lost Rashad Johnson, Bobby Greenwood, and some others. And the offense was suspect because our #1 RB had gone pro, our starting QB graduated, and our All American O lineman was gone.

So we had a few new O linemen, an untried QB, a sophomore and a true freshman as running backs.

Now for 2010, we have a tried & true QB who still hasn't lost, a Heisman winning RB, a backup RB who ran for 751 yards & 8 TDs. Julio Jones is 100%, which he wasn't last year. And the offense is ready to blow teams away.

Defense is still tight. Donte' Hightower played 12 games as a true freshman, and had 62 tackles, one forced fumble and 2 fumble recoveries. And he had last year to learn the game.

Josh Chapman is Cody's replacement. Mt Cody was a great guy, but Chapman is better. Not as tall, but he benches well over 500 lbs, so swatting linemen is a hobby.

The biggest thing about the 2009 team was the way they played as a team. When one skill player had a bad day another took up the slack. Why McElroy hit his midseason slump, Ingram and Richardson rolled up yardage. When Ingram had one bad game against Auburn, McElroy threw the ball and Richardson ran like a fiend.

The defense will be solid and tight. The offense will be stellar.

Bama will be back in the SEC Championship game, at the very least.

The staff at Rivals.com posted their preseason predictions.

4 out of 5 predicted Bama will be in the BCS Championship Game. 3 of them predict it will be Bama v. Ohio State.

Huge breaking news! Heisman trophy winner mark Ingram has a knee injury that will prevent him from playing in saturdays game against San Jose State.

How many teams can lose a heisman trophy winner and still have one of the best backfields around? Actually, I would like to see Trent Richardson start for this game and the Penn State game. If he gets tired, throw in eddie Lacey.

Huge breaking news! Heisman trophy winner mark Ingram has a knee injury that will prevent him from playing in saturdays game against San Jose State.

How many teams can lose a heisman trophy winner and still have one of the best backfields around? Actually, I would like to see Trent Richardson start for this game and the Penn State game. If he gets tired, throw in eddie Lacey.
There goes his shot at joining Archie. He's off to the pros after this year.

Back