Roughly 90 days until College Football starts again!!

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
There goes his shot at joining Archie. He's off to the pros after this year.

Archie's record was safe anyway. I don't see the offense relying on him as much as it did last year. I see richardson getting more touches and the passing game opening up this year.

The Heisman Trophy is great, but its not what I worry about. It was an issue because Bama, with all our great players, had never won it. Now we have.

Kick off at 7pm tonight. We'll see how well the Thundering Herd copes with 100,000 nuts......and on that note.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6roJfoGjc"]YouTube- Ohio State Buckeyes - Fight Song ("Battle Cry")[/ame]

Ok mott, the Thundering Herd has been thoroughly herded into oblivion.

Held them to 44 yards on the ground? Good D, even against a little team.

1-0 is the right wayto start. Now lets see what ya'll do against Miami.

More news! Ingram is out for at least a couple of game, and Darius is suspended for two games. So the Tide will be missing its starting RB and one of the best D linemen against Penn State. That sucks, but will not mean Penn State wins.

And by the time we get into the meat of the SEC schedule, Darius will be terrorizing QBs again.

Ok mott, the Thundering Herd has been thoroughly herded into oblivion.

Held them to 44 yards on the ground? Good D, even against a little team.

1-0 is the right wayto start. Now lets see what ya'll do against Miami.

Hey Marshall was expected to be a contender for Conf USA title this year. I was particularly pleased to see how well Moeller played. I was very pleased with Pryor, he finally looks comfortable in those QB shoes. His throwing mechanics have shown remarkable improvement from last season. He wasn't winding up to throw the ball, his release was lightening fast and his passes were quick tight spirals and on traget. What about Saine? 109 yards on 9 carries??

I was pleased. Miami played a hell of a game last night too.

Hell I had a busy time last night. All the big Ohio teams played, The Reds, The Indians, The Browns and Bengals. The Bengals looked impressive in their last pre-season game against Indy.

Hey Marshall was expected to be a contender for Conf USA title this year. I was particularly pleased to see how well Moeller played. I was very pleased with Pryor, he finally looks comfortable in those QB shoes. His throwing mechanics have shown remarkable improvement from last season. He wasn't winding up to throw the ball, his release was lightening fast and his passes were quick tight spirals and on traget. What about Saine? 109 yards on 9 carries??

I was pleased. Miami played a hell of a game last night too.

Hell I had a busy time last night. All the big Ohio teams played, The Reds, The Indians, The Browns and Bengals. The Bengals looked impressive in their last pre-season game against Indy.

Pryor was impressive last night, from what I saw. I'm curious how well he will do against a tougher team, but the whole team looked pretty organized and on the ball.

Pryor was impressive last night, from what I saw. I'm curious how well he will do against a tougher team, but the whole team looked pretty organized and on the ball.
Well find out next weekend. I'm not saying I think the Buckeye will blow out Miami but I'm predicting they will beat them in dominating fashion. I don't think Miami's defense is as good as ours and I don't think their running game is as strong. I would like to see Saine get more carries as I think he's a legitimate Heisman candidate. It would be nice to have two players on the team competing for the Heisman.

Well find out next weekend. I'm not saying I think the Buckeye will blow out Miami but I'm predicting they will beat them in dominating fashion. I don't think Miami's defense is as good as ours and I don't think their running game is as strong. I would like to see Saine get more carries as I think he's a legitimate Heisman candidate. It would be nice to have two players on the team competing for the Heisman.

Both the parts of the offense make the other work better. Saine looked like a legit contender, and will force defenses to move up.

I have seen anything of Miami's defense. Hopefully ya'll will smoke'em.

If Uconn beats Michigan, how long do you think Rich has left?

Both the parts of the offense make the other work better. Saine looked like a legit contender, and will force defenses to move up.

I have seen anything of Miami's defense. Hopefully ya'll will smoke'em.

If Uconn beats Michigan, how long do you think Rich has left?
He'll be up shit creek with out a paddle if he loses to UConn. Michigan scares the hell out of me this year cause it's a do or die year for Rich Rod. If they die Michigan is fucked cause Rich Rod has rebuilt the team and recruited personnel specifically to implement the spread offense. So if he flops Michigan will really be behind the 8 ball and will have to think about a 3 to 4 year rebuilding period instead of 1 or 2.

Here's the deal with Rich Rod. If he wins 7 games and beats Ohio State he'll be good for another year....but that's about it. Same if he wins 8 games or more but loses to Ohio State. Even if Rich Rod wins 9 or 10 games but loses to Ohio State he may be good for another year but he'll still be on the hot seat. I don't think he can lose to Ohio State this year and next and stay the head coach at michigan.

To be fair to Rich Rod, and this is why he scares me, Michigan started out last year with their britches on fire but after they beat ND and MSU the had a serious run of bad luck and lost a lot of their starters to injuries and nosed dived because of it. Considering how young his team is, that lack of depth is not surprising.

It's no secret what Rich Rod has to to. He has to win, he has to compete for the conference title and most importantly, he has to beat OSU. So far he's done none of these.

Here's what I predict will Happen. Rich Rod will win 7 games this year but lose to OSU. He'll get fired and Michigan will hire Jim Harbough and the Tressel era of OSU dominating michigan will come to an end. Personally I'd like to see OSU dominate michigan for a few more years but in my heart of hearts I know that's not a good thing for the nations greatest sports rivalry.

I think ND looked good against Purdue, like Ohio state they are usually slow on D. They looked pretty quick this week. I think Ohio slow blows out the canes this week.

I think ND looked good against Purdue, like Ohio state they are usually slow on D. They looked pretty quick this week. I think Ohio slow blows out the canes this week.
I was thinking it will be a good game but the weather forecast is for a bone chilling 61 deg and rain at kick off, Miami has shown they can't deal with that kind of adversity! LOL

Yea if we have that kind of weather saturday it will be a blow out.

I don't think Miami's offense has shown they can play with the likes of FL defense which Ohio Slow is prob close to. I say buckeye's by 13 to 17

I don't think Miami's offense has shown they can play with the likes of FL defense which Ohio Slow is prob close to. I say buckeye's by 13 to 17
I'd rather we won by 3 pts. That way we don't get over confident cause YourAmi aint gonna be the toughest game on our schedule.

Not by a long shot, if Rich rod gets by the Irish. I see them being a lot better. Not good enough to beat you but maybe push you till the 4th qtr.
Iowa (are they the conf team that does well with you guy's)

Not by a long shot, if Rich rod gets by the Irish. I see them being a lot better. Not good enough to beat you but maybe push you till the 4th qtr.
Iowa (are they the conf team that does well with you guy's)
Naww it's the Cheeseheads and their good enough to go all the way this year. They have a solid defense and their offensive line is MONSTROUS not to mention they may damned well have the next Heisman winner on their team. Clay is a beast!

I bet the Cheeseheads are a top 5 team when the year is done. We won't really know how good michigan is until they play Iowa in October.

Naww it's the Cheeseheads and their good enough to go all the way this year. They have a solid defense and their offensive line is MONSTROUS not to mention they may damned well have the next Heisman winner on their team. Clay is a beast!

I bet the Cheeseheads are a top 5 team when the year is done. We won't really know how good michigan is until they play Iowa in October.

Let me clue you in.... once again....

Michigan is over rated to start the season.... AGAIN

Iowa is not going to be much better

Wisconsin is indeed the team you have to look out for... I could run behind that line and I am a 39 year old slow white guy with bad knees. 4.5 forty... no problem... just let me get my bike.

Not sure if the other Ohio State university plays Penn St or not... but I rarely count out a Joe Pa squad (though admittedly they did hit a rough patch for a few years).

Purdue... sucks... they were beat by the Irish... enough said.

The rest of the little ten... do they still play football?

But not to fret... legitimacy comes to the little ten next year as the almighty Huskers come to play. Already got tickets lined up for the real Big Red heading into Camp Randall to take on the pretenders.

Well, my university just lost to Auburn. I think WB's team was either Auburn or that school to the east of me.

WB's team is NOT awbarn.

MS State is getting better. Mullins will get them there. I was seriously rooting for them to beat the cow-college.

Back