I'd prefer __________ to be the next president of the USA

• Gore

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • H. Clinton

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Obama

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
If they give Bore the Peace Prize for creating a bunch of propaganda, that will simply legitimize the claims that the Nobel committee is nothing more than a left wing pat yourself on the back piece of crap.

Yes SF, the committee who awarded that well known comrade of the left, Henry Kissenger the same prize, can certainly be considered "a left wing pat yourself on the back piece of crap". I remember one leftist in particular, so moved by Kissinger's award, proclaiming that now, satire, was truly "dead".

That claim certainly passes the laugh test. No, really. :)

Don't get so upset, he hasn't won it yet. You sound like David Brooks. You guys are really afraid of Gore, aren't you?

lol - seriously. Why are people getting outraged over this? I doubt Gore is going to win the nobel peace prize. It's really not that hard to get nominated.

I looked at the list of past winners though. I really is impressive. MLK, Mother Theresa, Andrei Sakarov, Nelson Mandela, Doctors without Borders, Lech Walesa.

And yes, let's face it: Jimmy Carter did deserve it, with his decades of work on democracy promotion and habitat for humanit. ;)

Lmao...

lol - seriously. Why are people getting outraged over this? I doubt Gore is going to win the nobel peace prize. It's really not that hard to get nominated.

I looked at the list of past winners though. I really is impressive. MLK, Mother Theresa, Andrei Sakarov, Nelson Mandela, Doctors without Borders, Lech Walesa.

And yes, let's face it: Jimmy Carter did deserve it, with his decades of work on democracy promotion and habitat for humanit. ;)

I take this as sarcasm...or at least I hope it was..Yes Jimmy the peanut farmer was a fair hammer dude....but alas his Iran fiasco told the story as to what level he was capable of...!

Because while Hillary and Obama (possibly not Edwards though) can be counted upon to keep the status quo, Gore might actually institute some liberal policies.

And, while it's ok to have revolutionaries in the form of bugfuck nuts right wing whackos destroying the very foundation of this democracy - this can be excused away with "bush has made some mistakes" - if even SLIGHTLY left of center policies were implemented:

THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT WILL END, BUT NOT BEFORE YOU HAVE TO WATCH ALL OF YOUR CHILDREN DIE FIRST!

So for God sakes whatever you do, do not vote for GORE. If we have to, we'll "hold our nose" and vote Guilliani or Romney, even though, you know, they wouldn't be our first choice. sigh. If only the dems would nominate Joe Lieberman.

Because while Hillary and Obama (possibly not Edwards though) can be counted upon to keep the status quo, Gore might actually institute some liberal policies.

And, while it's ok to have revolutionaries in the form of bugfuck nuts right wing whackos destroying the very foundation of this democracy - this can be excused away with "bush has made some mistakes" - if even SLIGHTLY left of center policies were implemented:

THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT WILL END, BUT NOT BEFORE YOU HAVE TO WATCH ALL OF YOUR CHILDREN DIE FIRST!

So for God sakes whatever you do, do not vote for GORE. If we have to, we'll "hold our nose" and vote Guilliani or Romney, even though, you know, they wouldn't be our first choice. sigh. If only the dems would nominate Joe Lieberman.

HaHaHa!

I think Gore freaks them out. Hence their heartfelt and sincere "concern" in warning Dems not to nominate Gore.

HaHaHa!

I think Gore freaks them out. Hence their heartfelt and sincere "concern" in warning Dems not to nominate Gore.
No offense to any particular individual intended -- except, maybe, AssCap -- but any liberal who publicly embraces actual liberal positions tends to freak them out. Public political discourse in this nation has been skewed so far over to the right over the past 20 years that they now think that even moderate liberalism is "far left" and wacky.

This is part of why there's so much political apathy in the U.S. today. There's no real discussion of any new or progressive ideas at all and, hence, nothing to excite much interest.

In that particular case I disagree. They made a politically dangerous effort and a good one. It's not their fault it didn't pan out. Not entirely their fault, anyway.
Whatever... This is ridiculous. I am results oriented. Running around wanting peace and signing unenforceable peace accords while rejecting their implementation. Then we give them an award because the results didn't matter, they wished REALLY hard!?

This is no objective measure of actual peace or even of promoting it. It showed me that the selection of these is based on the popular opinion of the time. Like a little kid we had to pat them on their heads because they were "good" because positive reinforcement might make them actually follow their accords?

No offense to any particular individual intended -- except, maybe, AssCap -- but any liberal who publicly embraces actual liberal positions tends to freak them out. Public political discourse in this nation has been skewed so far over to the right over the past 20 years that they now think that even moderate liberalism is "far left" and wacky.

This is part of why there's so much political apathy in the U.S. today. There's no real discussion of any new or progressive ideas at all and, hence, nothing to excite much interest.

I want to do that qft thing.

Quoted For Truth!

"This is part of why there's so much political apathy in the U.S. today. There's no real discussion of any new or progressive ideas at all and, hence, nothing to excite much interest."

Tell me... just how "progressive" have the Dems been on issues like welfare, social security, medicare, medicaid etc....??? What have the Dems done to fix these inept systems so that they actually WORK??? The answer is nothing.... except using scare tactics anytime someone does try to improve the systems.

Or Clinton's depends on who you want to look up to.

You still have not figured out I look up to no one ?

I deal with mega corp SVP's just like dealing with any other employee of the company. Well I do defer to orders from above of course, but that is a bit different. My manner and such in dealing with them is exactly the same. No cringing, not any gushing either, just business.

I look up to everyone in a way, until they show me they don't deserve it.

Back