Scumbag Misogyny Masquerading As Comedy

I will just say this, I have noticed an trend in recent years to attempt to try to control comedians and define what is comedic and what isn't. I am afraid that it usually seems to be po faced left wing single issue groups that use something or other as a platform for their particular cause. It is a slippery slope when what is funny is defined by committees and agitprop groups. The ultimate arbiter should be the general public, who if they don't like somebody then won't pay to see them.

6a00d8341c4f9453ef0133f426db7c970b-pi

the mainstream disagrees with you. That's why shows like southpark flourish and are critically acclaimed. Louis CK is one of the biggest standup acts in the world currently. He used some pretty choice words in his act that you would not approve of. The list goes on.

Ain't we got all the fools on our side, and ain't that a majority in any town?

Mark Twain

BTW I highly question the statement that the majority would agree or approve of what happened in the incident under discussion.

But projection sure do feel fine doesn't it?

It's interesting that the two people who jumped to accusations of censorship and "banning' are Dixie and Tom.

Of course, I never mentioned any such thing. You attempt to shut down the people with less power when you shrilly scream "CENSORSHIP" at them for objecting to something.

He has every right to speak, we have every right to protest and use that protest to educate. That's America baby, love it or leave it. Oh, or in Tom's case, love it or stay home!

Here is an example in point, that is not particularly funny but I wouldn't try to ban it!

I agree - I don't think Tosh should be banned, either. However, the more people know about his Laugh Factory stunt, the better. It's good to expose who he is to as many people as possible and let people draw their own conclusions. Tosh will always have a loyal following with misogynists, and that's fine. The evolved among us will get our laughs elsewhere.

It's interesting that the two people who jumped to accusations of censorship and "banning' are Dixie and Tom.

Of course, I never mentioned any such thing. You attempt to shut down the people with less power when you shrilly scream "CENSORSHIP" at them for objecting to something.

He has every right to speak, we have every right to protest and use that protest to educate. That's America baby, love it or leave it. Oh, or in Tom's case, love it or stay home!

Indeed, no one wants to censor him - just the opposite: SHINE A BRIGHT LIGHT on the spectacle. It's why his FB page is flooded with scorn. It's why many will boycott his show now, as is their right and choice. Cause....and effect. I love free speech.

Sorry, I didn't "accuse" anyone of anything here. I guess I fail to see what action you think needs to happen in such cases, I assumed you thought such things should be censored, because you are complaining about it. Sounds like we are in complete agreement, it wasn't very funny, but he has the right, and we can not like it, but we have to deal with it and be tolerant. Correct?

So it's less painful or important? Of course that says nothing about the fact that rape of men is thought to be WOEFULLY under reported, but let's ignore that. What men think about a subject that affects them doesn't matter.
How many times has a criminal been convicted and women on this board talk about what he'll probably "experiance" in prison.
Seems like they are just as "bad" when it comes to rape.

Sorry, I didn't "accuse" anyone of anything here. I guess I fail to see what action you think needs to happen in such cases, I assumed you thought such things should be censored, because you are complaining about it. Sounds like we are in complete agreement, it wasn't very funny, but he has the right, and we can not like it, but we have to deal with it and be tolerant. Correct?

Yes he has the right. No, I am not tolerant of it. I feel it is incumbent upon me to object loudly to it, to explain why, and to hopefully get some people thinking, hey, you know, that's true! If enough people object to this, then it will no longer be profitable for him to speak these things. The free market in action! I love capitalism don't you Dixie?

Yes he has the right. No, I am not tolerant of it. I feel it is incumbent upon me to object loudly to it, to explain why, and to hopefully get some people thinking, hey, you know, that's true! If enough people object to this, then it will no longer be profitable for him to speak these things. The free market in action! I love capitalism don't you Dixie?

You bet! LOVE IT!

That's why I don't understand your actions. You don't think all this publicity hasn't been good for him? How many people now know who he is, who didn't have a clue before? Sure, it's 'negative' publicity, but that simply doesn't matter these days, ask Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or Britney Spears or Madonna or Rosanne! Celebs make TONS of money being controversial, getting publicity... good, bad, indifferent.. doesn't matter, it pays their bills. About the only exception, is when it involves racial comments, like those of Kramer or Mel Gibson, then it can really destroy a career. With this, you aren't doing anything but making the guy more famous. Congrats... but I don't think that was what you hoped to do.

I agree - I don't think Tosh should be banned, either. However, the more people know about his Laugh Factory stunt, the better. It's good to expose who he is to as many people as possible and let people draw their own conclusions. Tosh will always have a loyal following with misogynists, and that's fine. The evolved among us will get our laughs elsewhere.

Succinctly stated! I do go on sometimes.

You bet! LOVE IT!

That's why I don't understand your actions. You don't think all this publicity hasn't been good for him? How many people now know who he is, who didn't have a clue before? Sure, it's 'negative' publicity, but that simply doesn't matter these days, ask Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or Britney Spears or Madonna or Rosanne! Celebs make TONS of money being controversial, getting publicity... good, bad, indifferent.. doesn't matter, it pays their bills. About the only exception, is when it involves racial comments, like those of Kramer or Mel Gibson, then it can really destroy a career. With this, you aren't doing anything but making the guy more famous. Congrats... but I don't think that was what you hoped to do.

Considering how many really horrible things you read on twitter and aol news articles about this, you may have a valid point. There do appear to be an awful lot of sick people out there who might now discover him and go see him. But IMO you can't let that stop you from telling people about this. We'll see how this shakes out in the end.

Considering how many really horrible things you read on twitter and aol news articles about this, you may have a valid point. There do appear to be an awful lot of sick people out there who might now discover him and go see him. But IMO you can't let that stop you from telling people about this. We'll see how this shakes out in the end.

How he handles the negative publicity, and the myriad ways it could reshape his act, will determine whether or not this spectacle was 'good' for his career.

BTW I highly question the statement that the majority would agree or approve of what happened in the incident under discussion.

But projection sure do feel fine doesn't it?

im not referring to the "incident in question."

Back