Scumbag Misogyny Masquerading As Comedy

well, no. we also got on to the topic of "offensive humor" in general, and that is what I have been commenting on.

Okay well let me clear then, all of my comments on this thread are about this incident, unless stated otherwise. Offensive humor is far too broad of a topic for me to be getting this involved in.

Okay well let me clear then, all of my comments on this thread are about this incident, unless stated otherwise. Offensive humor is far too broad of a topic for me to be getting this involved in.

well at least that's something

"Definition of some crimes are outdated and offer police departments an avenue for trimming the crime rate. For example, the FBI's definition of rape is limited to male-to-female intercourse. All same-sex rape cases and assaults of underage victims are left out of UCR. "

This is no longer operative. Thanks to a years-long campaign by feminists, this was changed. The definition of rape was changed and among the several outcomes of that change is that male rapes are counted, as they should be.

Too bad in all your "outrage" you didn't know about that fight which feminists took on...maybe you could have helped.

He was too busy laughing at some woman getting gang raped.

I believe that Tosh is playing off of the notion of "protected minority" to say anything he wants to say, and then pull the "I'm gay" card if anyone gets offended. His humour is very in-your-face.

I believe that Tosh is playing off of the notion of "protected minority" to say anything he wants to say, and then pull the "I'm gay" card if anyone gets offended. His humour is very in-your-face.

I am not sure about Tosh, I haven't ever heard of him, and haven't seen this controversial clip, and since I don't feel compelled to lend him more fame and notoriety, I probably won't be watching it. But I can say this, I watched Comedy Central the other night at a friend's house, and what is passing these days for 'comedy' is just not real funny to me. They had some comedian... white guy from the South, no less... and his whole routine was bashing blacks, gays, women, and hispanics. Some of his jokes just made me cringe... but we didn't hear a peep of outrage, and I am sure that people must have seen it. I don't even remember the guy's name, just that his 'humor' was offensive and non-funny. I recall thinking, is THIS what people laugh at these days?

I honestly can't imagine this Tosh guy saying something MORE offensive.

BWP1000047_originalSin.jpg

The JOKE would still be funny, but the woman being raped would not. It's not the same thing.

So, one wonders if you would find jokes about the events of this past weekend just as funny as you find jokes about rape?

Is it too soon to make jokes about an armed gunman mowing down crowds of moviegoers?

So, one wonders if you would find jokes about the events of this past weekend just as funny as you find jokes about rape?

Is it too soon to make jokes about an armed gunman mowing down crowds of moviegoers?

He would. The only thing he doesnt find funny is jokes about servicemen being mowed down, blown up, or beheaded.

it all depends whose ox is being gored Zap. Me me me.

Daniel Tosh Jokes About Seeing a Heckler Get Gang Raped

osenberg on Jul 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I’m not sure I expect better from comedian Daniel Tosh, but this story of a woman who saw him on a bill at the Laugh Factory (where, it should be noted, she got through a Dane Cook set just fine, lest anyone want to accuse her of oversensitivity) and ended up having to hear him talk about how hilarious it would be if she got gang-raped is…dispiriting:

So Tosh then starts making some very generalizing, declarative statements about rape jokes always being funny, how can a rape joke not be funny, rape is hilarious, etc. I don’t know why he was so repetitive about it but I felt provoked because I, for one, DON’T find them funny and never have. So I didnt appreciate Daniel Tosh (or anyone!) telling me I should find them funny. So I yelled out, “Actually, rape jokes are never funny!”

I did it because, even though being “disruptive” is against my nature, I felt that sitting there and saying nothing, or leaving quietly, would have been against my values as a person and as a woman. I don’t sit there while someone tells me how I should feel about something as profound and damaging as rape.

After I called out to him, Tosh paused for a moment. Then, he says, “Wouldn’t it be funny if that girl got raped by like, 5 guys right now? Like right now? What if a bunch of guys just raped her…”

Now, I don’t know what jokes Tosh was telling specifically, but judging by, say, this routine, where the joke is that his sister gets raped after he replaces her pepper spray with silly string and her reaction is that he pulled a good one, I’d imagine it wasn’t particularly thoughtful or analytical:

(the rest can be found in the lined title)

Daniel Tosh has his funny moments, but or the most part his humor is directed at immature juvenile males.

Back