Should prostitution be legalized?

They do not force me not to "lie", or not to "take the Lord's Name in Vain" or to "Have No Other God Before Him"... They don't care if I look at my neighbors wife and would like to have sex with her, They don't care, in fact, if I indeed sleep with her. The government doesn't care if two men sleep with each other either.

So, no, actually they don't.

The government cares if it's two men in the military sleeping with each other.

Prostitution should be legalized. Not because I'd ever use one (I have far too much dignity), nor because I believe it should be taxed (unlike liberals, I don't have wet dreams about tax brackets); rather, it should be legalized because consenting adults should have the freedom to make their own decisions. I don't believe in the conditional freedom of the far-left and far-right. I believe in the sovereignty of the individual, even when I may disagree with the path they choose.

Prostitution should be legalized. Not because I'd ever use one (I have far too much dignity), nor because I believe it should be taxed (unlike liberals, I don't have wet dreams about tax brackets); rather, it should be legalized because consenting adults should have the freedom to make their own decisions. I don't believe in the conditional freedom of the far-left and far-right. I believe in the sovereignty of the individual, even when I may disagree with the path they choose.

Well said. Although I don't think people are saying it should be legalizied BECAUSE of the tax revenue it would bring in. Just that it should be taxed as any other business is taxed.

I would be more concerned with the regulations concerning health checks.

That is vastly different than the laws of the bible.

The important part of the first two concern who you lie to. And the last is not a law, but a standard business practice.

Many businesses require you to lie as well.
The only time that I have been asked to lie by a boss I quit immediately. It cost me $17K in bonus money but I have my integrity, which no one can take away.

The only time that I have been asked to lie by a boss I quit immediately. It cost me $17K in bonus money but I have my integrity, which no one can take away.

Congrats, but your own little story really doesn't have any bearing. The fact is that lying in general is not illegal.

Which is what I have been saying throughout the thread. Personal freedoms and responsibility isn't just something to say, it is something to live, to exemplify. It is not a "conservative value" to attempt to change the law so that everybody follows some form of dogma.

I can relate to that. Been in a similiar situation. Had officers of the company swindling investors and I obained information about it. I turned it over to the authorities as did several other of my colleagues. Needless to say we all lost our jobs but the company officers involved were prosecuted.

Which is what I have been saying throughout the thread. Personal freedoms and responsibility isn't just something to say, it is something to live, to exemplify. It is not a "conservative value" to attempt to change the law so that everybody follows some form of dogma.
It also explains the need to go wash after you shake some peoples hands.

There's no rational reason to legalize it.

If prostitution was legal then pimps and the drugs they use, notably heroin and crack to ensnare women to work the streets would disappear. In addition legalised brothels would be required to run regular health checks on all the sex workers.

If prostitution was legal then pimps and the drugs they use, notably heroin and crack to ensnare women to work the streets would disappear. In addition legalised brothels would be required to run regular health checks on all the sex workers.
To think like this is to deny human nature. People always want more of everything. Are drugs gone from Nevada, where prostitution is illegal?

To think like this is to deny human nature. People always want more of everything. Are drugs gone from Nevada, where prostitution is illegal?

They are certainly not as rampant amoung the working girls in Nevada as elsewhere. In most brothels in Nevada, doing drugs will cost you your job.

The Nevada girls are also not subjected to the violence from pimps that other prostitutes suffer.

Nevada is proof that it does not ruin society to allow prostitutes to work in a regulated environment.

You must be an expert John.

Someone has to pay for your son's college education. :rolleyes:

The truth is that the information is out there online for anyone willing to look for it. Its that "Quest for Truth" thing again. I thought you were all about the truth?

Back