Show off your favorite restaurants for the travelers among us.

I haven't been there in a couple years, but on the infinitesimally small off chance one ever find themselves in Minsk, Republic of Belarus, I hold Talaka in high esteem.
It is by reputation one of the best places in Minsk for authentic Byelorussian cuisine. I liked the nostalgic ambiance as well > located in the surviving historic part of Old Minsk and having the feel of steeping back into a 18th century bucolic Byelorussian tavern. Animal furs and rustic iron agricultural tools festoon the walls. There was good local folk music, super friendly staff in traditional costumes, free flowing vodka, and a belly dancer I once fell in love with for about three days.
LEdlLSX.jpg

I haven't been there in a couple years, but on the infinitesimally small off chance one ever find themselves in Minsk, Republic of Belarus, I hold Talaka in high esteem.
It is by reputation one of the best places in Minsk for authentic Byelorussian cuisine. I liked the nostalgic ambiance as well > located in the surviving historic part of Old Minsk and having the feel of steeping back into a 18th century bucolic Byelorussian tavern. Animal furs and rustic iron agricultural tools festoon the walls. There was good local folk music, super friendly staff in traditional costumes, free flowing vodka, and a belly dancer I once fell in love with for about three days.
LEdlLSX.jpg

Minsk is an interesting port for sure. Nice to see the older restaurants still around. It has changed considerably in the last 20 years or so.

Small world! As a kid I thought it tasted divine. We seldom ate out so a pizza was a real treat.

Still trying to figure out what area we might move to when we return to Ohio. Return is weird to say since I moved to Michigan when I was 4. Been back oodles of times but moving is a different ballgame. The Pine Club was probably a bit expensive for you when you were younger. It's a classic but pricey steakhouse.

My favorite place to eat is CiCi's Pizza Buffet and Salad Bar. For under 9 bucks you can get all you can eat pizza, pasta, soup and salad bar, along with unlimited refills on your drinks. THE best deal in northwest Indiana.

Still trying to figure out what area we might move to when we return to Ohio. Return is weird to say since I moved to Michigan when I was 4. Been back oodles of times but moving is a different ballgame. The Pine Club was probably a bit expensive for you when you were younger. It's a classic but pricey steakhouse.

When I was younger it was probably just a corn field. lol

The place has been around since 1947.

Okay, not a corn field. lol I don't have any burning desire to visit Ohio for any reason, but if we are ever in the Dayton area we'll check it out. We sometimes visited Dierdorf and Hart's, a high end steak house in the STL area, but they closed a few years ago. They were outstanding. Once we went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse with our (coincidentally-named) brother/sister-in-law named Ruth and Chris. It was disappointing, esp. given the high prices. Just a steak! Sides were extra! And the steaks weren't as good as what we can grill at home.

Okay, not a corn field. lol I don't have any burning desire to visit Ohio for any reason, but if we are ever in the Dayton area we'll check it out. We sometimes visited Dierdorf and Hart's, a high end steak house in the STL area, but they closed a few years ago. They were outstanding. Once we went to Ruth's Chris steakhouse with our (coincidentally-named) brother/sister-in-law named Ruth and Chris. It was disappointing, esp. given the high prices. Just a steak! Sides were extra! And the steaks weren't as good as what we can grill at home.

When we went out west to Estes Park in 09, I had the house special filet at a nice steakhouse. It was one of the best steaks I had eaten. I loved the flavors with the sauce. I think you'll dig the name. https://www.twinowls.net/

Back