Shrubbie and Maineman

Funny thing is, when you listen to libs they'll tell you that the 14th Amendment was passed to prevent voting majorities from passing laws that unequally impact voting minorities.

Yet they have no problem when 99% of the population gang up and pass tax laws that unequally impact 1% of the population.

Oh, they'll bluster and bloviate and rationalize, that's for sure. But none of it will fit into the square definition they've created for the 14th Amendment.

Wow, you truly are bizzarro man. Explains the avatar, finally.

Forgive me, you're right.

Make that "bluster, bloviate, rationalize, and resort to ad hominems."

But answer the hypocrisy? Never.

Yes, there is the decidedly liberal line that it's a "laughable" idea- then there are the serious arguments that understand its plausibility- and of course there are those satellite photographs and intelligence reports that suggest its likelihood as well.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/6...pons-did-they-come-from-our-old-friend-saddam

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/apr/27/20050427-121915-1667r/?page=all

bush needed to find WMD to support his reasons for attacking Iraq. So here we have pictures and "plausible" evidence that weapons were trucked into Syria yet bush never followed up on the very evidence that would vindicate him. Even your own article casts some doubt on the conjecture.

"Truthfully, we’ll probably never know where these chemical weapons now being used in the Syrian civil war originated from. I also concede that all we have to go on are second-hand eye witness accounts and sources as well as a lot of hearsay and conjecture for which no amount of intelligence gathering from 10 years ago can now prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. Still, I thought it was worth re-exploring. And I’d very much still like to know indeed where these weapons came from."

Perhaps Romney should have SAID "47% don't pay fed income tax" - but he didn't did he? Are we supposed to read his mind?

And really? YOU REALLY THINK THE ONLY ISSUE PEOPLE VOTE ON IS FEDERAL INCOME TAX RATE?

wow.

Romney had NOTHING to offer for the voters except cutting tax rates? That's it? Really?

Good thing he lost if that's all he had to offer.

it's understandable.

We don't have the same Amazing Mental Powers that Righties like NOVA have...they can read the minds of others and tell them what they are thinking.

Wednesday, April 21, 2004:

Hillary Rodham Clinton said she is not sorry she voted for a resolution authorizing President Bush to take military action in Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/21/iraq.hillary/

How did this go from Kerry's comment to Hillary's? Kerry was talking about UN inspectors at the end of the first Gulf War. "The inspectors undertook this mission first 7 1/2 years ago at the end of the Gulf War when Iraq agreed to declare and destroy its arsenal as a condition of the ceasefire."

From FTN, 9-14-2003

McMANUS:
Senator, let me if I could go back to Iraq for just a moment. You said that when you voted back in October to authorize military action, it ended up being on the basis of information that turned out to be untrue.

Let me just put it as plainly as this. If you had known then what you know now, would you have voted the same way?

KERRY: Well, it wasn't only on that basis. If you read my speech, I was very clear. Saddam Hussein could not be left to his own devices based on everything we learned about him for seven and a half years while we were inspecting in Iraq.

People have forgotten that for seven and a half years, we found weapons of mass destruction. We were destroying weapons of mass destruction. We were, the United States of America, together with Ambassador Butler, and the United Nations.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/15/ftn/main573309.shtml

The fact does remain that the statement Kerry made after the invasion referred to events that occurred years before it.

He made the statement after the invasion.

So what happened to those WMD?

Was Cap'n Swiftboat a liar?

Did Hillary Clinton state that she didn't regret her vote on Iraq after the invasion?

Did Hillary Clinton state that she didn't regret her vote on Iraq after the invasion?

Kerry said that after the first Gulf War the inspectors found weapons etc. and they were destroyed. This was verified by Saddam's son-in-law Hussein Kamel, who was assassinated for giving up that info.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/pdf/unscom950822.pdf

Bawahahaha, is the leg bone connected to the hip bone?

Do you know the muffin man?

How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?

My argument is that when bush presented his "evidence" for going to war, numerous Democrats including the ones quoted didn't believe it was sufficient.

A majority in the Senate were all in and there was a plurality in the House.

House:

Republican Yes = 215; Nay = 6
Democrat Yes = 82; Nay = 126

Senate:

Republican Yes = 48; Nay = 1
Democrat Yes = 29; Nay = 21

What did Democrat leaders say?

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 | Source

http://acsa.net/demsay.htm

There's not a lot of ambiguity here. I always have to laugh when brain dead hyper partisan leftists try to walk their party's rhetoric back and make excuses for it.

Carry on ass clown.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004:

Former President Clinton continues to support President Bush's decision to go to war in Iraq...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/06/19/clinton.iraq/

How did this go from Kerry's comment to Hillary's? Kerry was talking about UN inspectors at the end of the first Gulf War. "The inspectors undertook this mission first 7 1/2 years ago at the end of the Gulf War when Iraq agreed to declare and destroy its arsenal as a condition of the ceasefire."

From FTN, 9-14-2003

McMANUS:
Senator, let me if I could go back to Iraq for just a moment. You said that when you voted back in October to authorize military action, it ended up being on the basis of information that turned out to be untrue.

Let me just put it as plainly as this. If you had known then what you know now, would you have voted the same way?

KERRY: Well, it wasn't only on that basis. If you read my speech, I was very clear. Saddam Hussein could not be left to his own devices based on everything we learned about him for seven and a half years while we were inspecting in Iraq.

People have forgotten that for seven and a half years, we found weapons of mass destruction. We were destroying weapons of mass destruction. We were, the United States of America, together with Ambassador Butler, and the United Nations.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/15/ftn/main573309.shtml

So the answer to the reporter’s question was this: If you had known then what you know now, would you have voted the same way? Yes Mr. McManus, I would have voted the same way.

Thank you for illustrating this moron’s incredible hypocrisy, histrionics and obfuscations. Like Obama, he is a liar and hypocrite of extraordinary proportions that only the densest ignoramuses can support.

Back