Shrubbie and Maineman

Only because I'm part German. And my heart is wide open for most other peoples. I just have a problem with barbarians who keep collapsing Western civilization.

#Axe to grind

While not addressed to me, thought I'd answer - I was for going in to Afghanistan after bin Laden; I was for overthrowing the Taliban since they harbored him; however - our only goal should have been getting bin Laden; we should have kicked out the Taliban, gotten him, gotten out and let Afghanistan figure out what to do after that for itself.. Instead, we took our eye off the ball, didn't get bin Laden, instead went to war in Iraq, and got stuck in Afghanistan way too long.

The only justification for going into Afghanistan was to get bin Laden and, along the way, punish the people who were harboring him.

I thought A'stan was a fast and careless response and a logistical nightmare, which is why I didn't support it. I still think bush fubar'd the entire response.

we should have gone in and out after hitting them hard where they were.

In this age you can watch the entire world from the sky.

Its how we KNOW assad has these weapons and where.

even though he denied he had them until monday

bush cowboy diplomacy. He was slobbering over the chance to be a "war president." (how I hate that phrase)

"President George Bush rejected as "non-negotiable" an offer by the Taliban to discuss turning over Osama bin Laden if the United States ended the bombing in Afghanistan. Returning to the White House after a weekend at Camp David, the president said the bombing would not stop, unless the ruling Taliban "turn [bin Laden] over, turn his cohorts over, turn any hostages they hold over." He added, "There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt. We know he's guilty".

In Jalalabad, deputy prime minister Haji Abdul Kabir - the third most powerful figure in the ruling Taliban regime - told reporters that the Taliban would require evidence that Bin Laden was behind the September 11 terrorist attacks in the US, but added: "we would be ready to hand him over to a third country".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5

bush cowboy diplomacy. He was slobbering over the chance to be a "war president." (how I hate that phrase)

"President George Bush rejected as "non-negotiable" an offer by the Taliban to discuss turning over Osama bin Laden if the United States ended the bombing in Afghanistan. Returning to the White House after a weekend at Camp David, the president said the bombing would not stop, unless the ruling Taliban "turn [bin Laden] over, turn his cohorts over, turn any hostages they hold over." He added, "There's no need to discuss innocence or guilt. We know he's guilty".

In Jalalabad, deputy prime minister Haji Abdul Kabir - the third most powerful figure in the ruling Taliban regime - told reporters that the Taliban would require evidence that Bin Laden was behind the September 11 terrorist attacks in the US, but added: "we would be ready to hand him over to a third country".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5

they couldn't get at the oil in the ME with that tact

You're a total moron. I was against both Iraq Wars.

You're really a fool, and a hypocrite.

Thats was funny as all hell.....desh calling YOU a righty....

desh is probably the only lefty with a higher IQ than Jarod......L M A O !!!!

The hit of afganistan was a decent move.

unfortunately to the Bush team it was just a reason to do Iraq built on lies

LIES, LIES,....ALL LIES Are these the lies you're talking about desh ?

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore (D), Sept. 23, 2002

“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.” —
Clinton’s (D) Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

“Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.”
— Al Gore (D), 2002

“We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction.”
— Bob Graham (D), December 2002

Did you yet explain how its good for the world for him to gas more innocents?

Tell me how it's good for the world for us to kill several thousand civilians just so we can say we won't stand for dictators killing the innocent with chemical weapons.

yeah fuck those babies who were burned to death it was their fault huh?

monster

No different than dropping atomic bombs on cities in Japan by another Democrat President....well, actually, maybe the A bombs were a little worse, huh desh ?

LIES, LIES,....ALL LIES Are these the lies you're talking about desh ?

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore (D), Sept. 23, 2002

“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.” —
Clinton’s (D) Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

“Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.”
— Al Gore (D), 2002

“We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction.”
— Bob Graham (D), December 2002

Why is it so hard for righties to admit they backed bush on Iraq? Instead you guys have to continually deflect and deflect from your own culpability by posting quotes and videos of Dems.

Admit you supported everything bush did, bravs. The truth shall set you free.

He still has bush feces on his nose.... shrub could do no wrong in bravo's eyes. And all he has now is lame ass attempts to say "see! some democrats bought the bullshit too!" The fact of the matter is that the GOP members of congress were all but unanimous in support of dubya, whereas a majority of democrats opposed the war.

Why is it so hard for righties to admit they backed bush on Iraq? Instead you guys have to continually deflect and deflect from your own culpability by posting quotes and videos of Dems.

Admit you supported everything bush did, bravs. The truth shall set you free.

Why do lefties have so much trouble sticking to the topic?

Yeah, we backed Bush on Iraq. So did all of the lefties in that video.

Back