Slavery in the Old South Was Good!

Yes. The number of crimes covered in local TV news shows is several times higher than previously--"if it bleeds it leads"

Did you go to my link in post #92? How much of that kind of crime happened in the past. Or maybe you can count the whole thing as just one crime. Next, I don't think there was any time in the past where they didn't report crime as readily as they do today.

Slaves make no wages! That's working for free!

For a master with loads of cash, giving his slaves a little something in the way of money probably wouldn't have bothered them much monetarily. And would have made the slaves happy. So why not do it. For that reason, it probably was done. Also, as I said, slaves needed to be taken care of. Apart from food, they were given poor clothing and shoes. Maybe a master didn't want to be bothered with such a chore and just gave the slaves a little money to buy those things with on their own. At what were probably thrift stores of their day. So they could choose the sizes of whatever that suited them. That may not have peen actual wages. But it was a pay of sorts for their work. That's what I was getting at with that point. Also, here are a couple websites that might interest you.

http://www.processhistory.org/slave-consumption/

https://www.quora.com/Were-there-an...s-who-paid-their-slaves-for-the-work-they-did

You never saw any color Civil War uniform, because are no color photos of the time. Here is the unedited photo of the Black Union soldiers, along with their white officer. The white officer is wearing a darker blue uniform, which while heavy was not a winter uniform. The Black soldiers are wearing winter uniforms in lighter blue.

truth.jpg

At the very end of the war, the Confederacy trained a small number of Blacks to be soldiers, but never allowed them to fight. There were scattered examples of Blacks being forced to fight for the Confederacy, but there was never a policy of allowing Blacks to fight. Allowing Blacks to fight was considered too dangerous, because there was no doubt at the time that the Civil War was a war to preserve slavery, and that slavery was a very bad thing for Blacks.

I was aware of the second picture with the White officer. Near the beginning of the Civil War, many of the Confederate soldiers war uniforms that were Northern blue. The Confederates soon changed to grey to avoid the confusion that sometimes led to. Next, why would you train a soldier to fight and not let them fight. That makes no sense. Either they were soldiers or they weren't. Also, I would never want to fight against an enemy with those in my ranks who couldn't be trusted. And if you were forcing them to fight, they couldn't be trusted. Next, I don't know how dangerous it was. But maybe the reason why Confederates didn't want them to fight was because at its core, doing so would be immoral. Because they would actually be fighting to maintain their slavery.

Some women have no choice but to become a prostitute to make a living. Equally for an indentured servant, they likely had no choice but to choose indentured servitude. Having no choice is pretty much the same thing as slavery. Becoming a whore to "the system." Where you can be sure of getting fucked.

We are the system.

Did you go to my link in post #92? How much of that kind of crime happened in the past. Or maybe you can count the whole thing as just one crime. Next, I don't think there was any time in the past where they didn't report crime as readily as they do today.

Look at the crime rate for any year to see how it compared.

"[FONT=&quot]Numerous studies of American news media have examined the media's coverage of crime in comparison with actual crime rates. A 1996[/FONT] U.S. News & World Report[FONT=&quot] article reported that "the number of crime stories on the network evening news in 1995 was quadruple the 1991 total. Last year (1995), the three networks ran 2,574 stories about domestic crime, more than the combined number of stories on the budget, Bosnia and the presidential campaign. Even excluding stories about the O. J. Simpson trial, the networks aired 375 stories on murder in 1995, more than four times the 1990 total, when the homicide rate was higher." Such news reporting came at a time when the overall crime rate had been significantly dropping. [/FONT]U.S. News & World Report[FONT=&quot] concluded that ". . . if there is no new crime wave in the real world, there is one on TV news."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chapter 18 - NVAA (ncjrs.gov)
[/FONT]

For a master with loads of cash, giving his slaves a little something in the way of money probably wouldn't have bothered them much monetarily. And would have made the slaves happy. So why not do it. For that reason, it probably was done. Also, as I said, slaves needed to be taken care of. Apart from food, they were given poor clothing and shoes. Maybe a master didn't want to be bothered with such a chore and just gave the slaves a little money to buy those things with on their own. At what were probably thrift stores of their day. So they could choose the sizes of whatever that suited them. That may not have peen actual wages. But it was a pay of sorts for their work. That's what I was getting at with that point. Also, here are a couple websites that might interest you.

http://www.processhistory.org/slave-consumption/

https://www.quora.com/Were-there-an...s-who-paid-their-slaves-for-the-work-they-did

Hey asshole,only scum like you tries to sugarcoat slavery

Near the beginning of the Civil War, many of the Confederate soldiers war uniforms that were Northern blue.

At the beginning of the war, there were Northerners wearing grey, and Southerners wearing blue... BUT, the Confederacy did not get desperate enough to start thinking about using Blacks until the end of the war.

It is a well known photo of Black UNION troops, who were fighting against the Confederacy, and slavery.

Next, why would you train a soldier to fight and not let them fight.

At the end of the war, it was decided to train a small test unit of Black Confederate soldiers. They were never used, as the Confederacy had collapsed, and besides they did not want armed Blacks able to oppose slavery.

Either they were soldiers or they weren't.

Funny you should mention that. After the surrender, the USA provided free transportation home, and supplies along the way to Confederate soldiers. Many have noticed that there were a few Blacks among them. The majority of the Blacks were women. Does this mean that there were a bunch of Black women Confederate soldiers... No, they were slaves that were used as support staff. They cooked for the troops, or similar things. There were no Black POW's during the war, because the Union troops did not consider any of the Blacks to be soldiers of their own choice. It was assumed their families were being threatened, and so the humane thing to do was to just let them go. After the war, they were considered soldiers to get home.

Look at the crime rate for any year to see how it compared.

"[FONT="]Numerous studies of American news media have examined the media's coverage of crime in comparison with actual crime rates. [B]A 1996[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][B][I] U.S. News & World Report[/I][/B][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] article reported that "the number of crime stories on the network evening news in 1995 was quadruple the 1991 total. Last year (1995), the three networks ran 2,574 stories about domestic crime, more than the combined number of stories on the budget, Bosnia and the presidential campaign. Even excluding stories about the O. J. Simpson trial, the networks aired 375 stories on murder in 1995, more than four times the 1990 total, when the homicide rate was higher." Such news reporting came at a time when the overall crime rate had been significantly dropping. [/FONT]U.S. News & World Report[FONT="][B] concluded that ". . . if there is no new crime wave in the real world, there is one on TV news.[/B]"

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Chapter 18 - NVAA (ncjrs.gov)
[/FONT]

I thought I posted this link somewhere.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/crime-rate-statistics

At the beginning of the war, there were Northerners wearing grey, and Southerners wearing blue... BUT, the Confederacy did not get desperate enough to start thinking about using Blacks until the end of the war.

It is a well known photo of Black UNION troops, who were fighting against the Confederacy, and slavery.

At the end of the war, it was decided to train a small test unit of Black Confederate soldiers. They were never used, as the Confederacy had collapsed, and besides they did not want armed Blacks able to oppose slavery.

Funny you should mention that. After the surrender, the USA provided free transportation home, and supplies along the way to Confederate soldiers. Many have noticed that there were a few Blacks among them. The majority of the Blacks were women. Does this mean that there were a bunch of Black women Confederate soldiers... No, they were slaves that were used as support staff. They cooked for the troops, or similar things. There were no Black POW's during the war, because the Union troops did not consider any of the Blacks to be soldiers of their own choice. It was assumed their families were being threatened, and so the humane thing to do was to just let them go. After the war, they were considered soldiers to get home.

Well if the normal color for any northern troops was grey, this is the first I've heard of it. Next, there was a CSA 1st Louisiana Native Guard that was made up of blacks. As the picture stated, they existed from 1861 to 1862. Next, the picture may indeed be of that unit under Union command. That would explain the other photo with what appears to be a Northern officer dressed in a Northern blue uniform. But that doesn't make the picture untrue. Such a picture could have been taken while that unit was part of the Confederacy. It would have pretty much showed the same thing.

Next, I don't really know how confederate soldiers got home after the surrender. I seem to recall that Northern forces allowed at least some of them to keep their arms. Though I do remember hearing of the Sultana tragedy. A steamboat that exploded while carrying many Union soldiers home. Including quite a few free Union prisoners of war. That tragedy can be blamed on the greed of the captain of the ship. Who was part owner.

Well if the normal color for any northern troops was grey, this is the first I've heard of it. Next, there was a CSA 1st Louisiana Native Guard that was made up of blacks. As the picture stated, they existed from 1861 to 1862. Next, the picture may indeed be of that unit under Union command. That would explain the other photo with what appears to be a Northern officer dressed in a Northern blue uniform. But that doesn't make the picture untrue. Such a picture could have been taken while that unit was part of the Confederacy. It would have pretty much showed the same thing.

Next, I don't really know how confederate soldiers got home after the surrender. I seem to recall that Northern forces allowed at least some of them to keep their arms. Though I do remember hearing of the Sultana tragedy. A steamboat that exploded while carrying many Union soldiers home. Including quite a few free Union prisoners of war. That tragedy can be blamed on the greed of the captain of the ship. Who was part owner.

Come_and_Join_Us_Brothers%2C_by_the_Supervisory_Committee_For_Recruiting_Colored_Regiments.jpg

Back