Southerners, once again, fight to end the life of a minority baby

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/04/25/baby.emilio/index.html

AUSTIN, Texas (CNN) -- When Emilio Gonzales lies in his mother's arms, sometimes he'll make a facial expression that his mother says is a smile........

Gee, I wonder will there be senate hearings on this and the same level of outrage as when the anorexic chic was taken off life support.

sounds like its all about the bottom line to me?

wheres the outrage from the right about him staying alive?

wheres Delay to make diagnose hime by videotape?

Oh hes a brown ,poor baby so he doesnt rate.

This should be the families decision not the hospitals

While I do find the mother's statement self contradictory ---

Emilio's mother, Catarina Gonzales, on the other hand, is fighting to keep her son on the ventilator, allowing him to die "naturally, the way God intended."

--- I'd prefer that we err on the side of life.

If Congress can interfere in the Schiavo case, then they should be all over this. I have a daughter the same age, each day is precious. I can't even begin to imagine this mother's pain. Give the mother as many days with her child as is medically possible.

While I do find the mother's statement self contradictory ---

Emilio's mother, Catarina Gonzales, on the other hand, is fighting to keep her son on the ventilator, allowing him to die "naturally, the way God intended."

--- I'd prefer that we err on the side of life.

If Congress can interfere in the Schiavo case, then they should be all over this. I have a daughter the same age, each day is precious. I can't even begin to imagine this mother's pain. Give the mother as many days with her child as is medically possible.

I agree.

sounds like its all about the bottom line to me?

wheres the outrage from the right about him staying alive?

wheres Delay to make diagnose hime by videotape?

Oh hes a brown ,poor baby so he doesnt rate.

This should be the families decision not the hospitals

Well seeing as how much the RR is pro-life - I'm fully confident they will take up her cause.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/04/25/baby.emilio/index.html

AUSTIN, Texas (CNN) -- When Emilio Gonzales lies in his mother's arms, sometimes he'll make a facial expression that his mother says is a smile........

Gee, I wonder will there be senate hearings on this and the same level of outrage as when the anorexic chic was taken off life support.

Shouldn't Bush be rushing back to the white house, to sign legislation interfering the the medical and state court decisions?

And where the heck are those throngs of passionate, evangelical christians who camped out for weeks outside of Terri's clinic?

Shouldn't Bush be rushing back to the white house, to sign legislation interfering the the medical and state court decisions?

And where the heck are those throngs of passionate, evangelical christians who camped out for weeks outside of Terri's clinic?

They were there. They just ran out of jesus juice.

Umm I think Ted headed up these efforts for Bush before he had to spend a week or two in rehab to add some weight to his loafers.
Ted has now moved on to get a graduate degree in counseleing.

Umm I think Ted headed up these efforts for Bush before he had to spend a week or two in rehab to add some weight to his loafers.
Ted has now moved on to get a graduate degree in counseleing.
He also reports he is fully "Heterosexual", his previous actions notwithstanding.

I guess repubs who championed shiavo's cause learned their lesson. Now you hypocrites are saying you want them to interfere? Make up your minds.

Who is the hypocrite ?

We libs did not rush to pass laws and such to "save" the poor brain dead lady.
Some of us just like to rub their hypocracy and possible rascism in their faces a bit.

Who is the hypocrite ?

We libs did not rush to pass laws and such to "save" the poor brain dead lady.
Some of us just like to rub their hypocracy and possible rascism in their faces a bit.

Why are they suddenly hypocrites for doing what you want them to do and what everyone agrees is the right thing to do? The kid has no chance of survival according to the hospital. Nobody is trying to keep the baby alive against the judgement of the professionals, except the parent. So what exactly is so hypocritical? Are you simply tryign to throw salt on the old shiavo wound? Grow up asshole. They learned their lesson. Now you want to bring up their mistake again and again?

Now you want to bring up their mistake again and again?
//

Yep, it was a biggie and I don't want people to forget.

And this asshole was right :D
When other assholes gave me hell about it.

the libs I remember talking about this said her family(her husband) had the right to make the decision.

Now we say the family (his mother) has the right to make the decision.

looks pretty consistant to me?

an apology from both Bushes and all parties involved would be nice. Cookies don't help. Of course it would be easier to get a ton of gold from a neo than an admission of being wrong.

the libs I remember talking about this said her family(her husband) had the right to make the decision.

Now we say the family (his mother) has the right to make the decision.

looks pretty consistant to me?

So you think the baby should be saved? What for? To prolong the suffering?

Although I can accept the executors right to end life support, if ever there is a dispute I think judgement should always err on the side of life.

Remember this case?

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Texas_baby_removed_from_life_support_against_mother's_wishes

"March 22, 2005 Sun Hudson, a six-month old Texas baby died last week when health care providers at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, Texas removed his life support system over the objections of his mother. The action was authorized under the 1999 Futile Care Law which was signed into law by then-Gov. George W. Bush."

Back