Southerners, once again, fight to end the life of a minority baby

ROFLMAO :p

Wow. You're normally pretty bright (for a southerner that is). Here's a hint: if you're trying to dispell the myth that southerners are racist hicks, you probably shouldn't assail someone and call them a nigger. But good try considering your limited educational background :).

**smooches**

NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH!?

TEH BLACK PEOPLE ARE TEH SUCK!? kkk FOREVER!

YOU BLACK LOVE TOO?!

All these mongrels are trying to take over our nation... if we don't fight tooth and nail we'll be negrified in a century...
Against a nation of overbred melon-skulled retrievers and yappy lap warmers, the mongrels will always win. Your bed's made so go lie in it, Fido. :cool:

For the record, guys, I was drunk whenever I said that. But she's honestly pissing me off. If I came on here posting about black people all day she'd feel the same way. She's a bigot just like all of the other bigots I've met.

For the record, guys, I was drunk whenever I said that.

The Mel Gibson excuse.

While I do find the mother's statement self contradictory ---

Emilio's mother, Catarina Gonzales, on the other hand, is fighting to keep her son on the ventilator, allowing him to die "naturally, the way God intended."

--- I'd prefer that we err on the side of life.

If Congress can interfere in the Schiavo case, then they should be all over this. I have a daughter the same age, each day is precious. I can't even begin to imagine this mother's pain. Give the mother as many days with her child as is medically possible.

It's braindead. It's dead. We could be sending food over to Africa by the bucketloads with this amount of money but we want to waste it maintaing a dead person. Don't you guys understand that concept of an oppurtunity cost?

the libs I remember talking about this said her family(her husband) had the right to make the decision.

Now we say the family (his mother) has the right to make the decision.

looks pretty consistant to me?

If they want to buy a ventilator and keep the superficial aspects of the dead baby going they are free to do it. They don't have the right to force the hospital to spend the money - and it's morally destitute, considering the hospital will therefore have to raise prices on actual, living patients to keep this dead one's body maintained.

Although I can accept the executors right to end life support, if ever there is a dispute I think judgement should always err on the side of life.

Remember this case?

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Texas_baby_removed_from_life_support_against_mother's_wishes

"March 22, 2005 Sun Hudson, a six-month old Texas baby died last week when health care providers at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, Texas removed his life support system over the objections of his mother. The action was authorized under the 1999 Futile Care Law which was signed into law by then-Gov. George W. Bush."

The article is incorrect. The baby died long before that.

Well, Mel Gibson mainly said it because he hated Jews. He's a Christian. All Christian's hate Jews..............Heck, most people in the world aren't as forgiving as me and would be dragged down into racism if more black people were like Tiana.

Man, you're really making yourself look like a fool. You rag on me for making generalizations (that I haven't), and then you say, "all Christians hate Jews"..... :p Ummmm, OK

This is like taking candy from a baby.

WM, All Christians hate Jews ? You drunk again or something ?
Jews are Gods chosen how can Christians hate them ?

Man, you're really making yourself look like a fool. You rag on me for making generalizations (that I haven't), and then you say, "all Christians hate Jews"..... :p Ummmm, OK

This is like taking candy from a baby.

Well, actually that was supposed to be mockery.

It's braindead. It's dead. We could be sending food over to Africa by the bucketloads with this amount of money but we want to waste it maintaing a dead person. Don't you guys understand that concept of an oppurtunity cost?
Unlike Terri Schiavo, this child's condition is not stable, it is degenerative. Unlike Terri this child will not persist for 15 years, perhaps another month, two, maybe three. Though this reminds me of Lenny stroking the dead mouse in his pocket, it is a Mother's grief. This is her child, her flesh, her blood, a life she felt moving inside her womb just months ago.

We are the wealthiest nation that has ever existed, we can do both.

Unlike Terri Schiavo, this child's condition is not stable, it is degenerative. Unlike Terri this child will not persist for 15 years, perhaps another month, two, maybe three. Though this reminds me of Lenny stroking the dead mouse in his pocket, it is a Mother's grief. This is her child, her flesh, her blood, a life she felt moving inside her womb just months ago.

We are the wealthiest nation that has ever existed, we can do both.
Also unlike Schiavo this child felt incredible pain according to the trained medical attendees. How much should we allow the child to go through?

Back