SOX

Good question. In some cases (rolls eyes again lol) they are used here to circumvent thread bans. I.e., someone starts a nice non-political thread sharing recipes and excludes a known trouble-maker, who then makes up a sock to invade the discussion, but gets caught.

This coming from a piece of shit with a never ending ignore list

:facepalm:

I have never had a sock in any forum in which I have posted...ever.

In every forum (I've been in a dozen)...I have been myself, Frank Apisa...although in one, I had to be frankapisa, because of restrictions on spaces in the screen name.

Socks suck. But...if it keeps this forum the freewheeling site it is, I'm fine with them.

Question, if I may to anyone who knows:

Do the moderators know which posters are socks...and who owns the sock?

My thoughts are that if the answer to that is "YES"...we should all know. Every sock EXCEPT THE SOCK OF A MODERATOR should be divulged to the entire community.

Moderators should be able to have a sock without divulging, because their duties as moderators may make it more comfortable regularly posting as a sock.

There is a spot on each profile for PREVIOUS NAMES. There should be one for SOCKS.

I have never had a sock in any forum in which I have posted...ever.

In every forum (I've been in a dozen)...I have been myself, Frank Apisa...although in one, I had to be frankapisa, because of restrictions on spaces in the screen name.

Socks suck. But...if it keeps this forum the freewheeling site it is, I'm fine with them.

Neither did I,till Amazon left no other option!

My thoughts are that if the answer to that is "YES"...we should all know. Every sock EXCEPT THE SOCK OF A MODERATOR should be divulged to the entire community.

Moderators should be able to have a sock without divulging, because their duties as moderators may make it more comfortable regularly posting as a sock.

There is a spot on each profile for PREVIOUS NAMES. There should be one for SOCKS.

Yes they do,because when you get banned,so do your socks

If we divulged our secrets we’d have to take you to a safe house for keeping ;)

Okay...but I still think EVERYONE should know the socks...with that exception I mentioned.

Most forums will not even allow them...usually a banning for attempting one.

Fine with me that they allow them here...but we all should know who they are.

They do not know all the socks........

Okay...but I still think EVERYONE should know the socks...with that exception I mentioned.

Most forums will not even allow them...usually a banning for attempting one.

Fine with me that they allow them here...but we all should know who they are.

That would deprive people of trying to find out who has socks and who the socks are.
Just my opinion, but that is part of an anonymous Chat Room experience.
(don't be such a wet blanket, Frank)

Good question. In some cases (rolls eyes again lol) they are used here to circumvent thread bans. I.e., someone starts a nice non-political thread sharing recipes and excludes a known trouble-maker, who then makes up a sock to invade the discussion, but gets caught.

Who did that!

Back