SOX

Question, if I may to anyone who knows:

Do the moderators know which posters are socks...and who owns the sock?

My thoughts are that if the answer to that is "YES"...we should all know. Every sock EXCEPT THE SOCK OF A MODERATOR should be divulged to the entire community.

Moderators should be able to have a sock without divulging, because their duties as moderators may make it more comfortable regularly posting as a sock.

There is a spot on each profile for PREVIOUS NAMES. There should be one for SOCKS.

My guess is that they have ways to know. I also guess that they don't care about socks unless someone who shall remain nameless constantly badgers them with "Oh look! Look over there! So-and-so has a sock!" or if that same someone uses a sock herself to bypass a thread ban, while tattling about all the other alleged socks. I've noticed that if someone gets banned so do their socks, so they got their ways.

My guess is that they have ways to know. I also guess that they don't care about socks unless someone who shall remain nameless constantly badgers them with "Oh look! Look over there! So-and-so has a sock!" or if that same someone uses a sock herself to bypass a thread ban, while tattling about all the other alleged socks. I've noticed that if someone gets banned so do their socks, so they got their ways.

Really?

What if someone is so absorbed in Forum Life that they go to GREAT LENGTHS to hide their IP addresses? I don't want to name names here, but I know this one woman who does just that. And the Mods are none the wiser.

Back