Staying the Course...

After about a billion threads with "Neocons are..." in the title it doesn't take much memory for me to remember exactly what I am talking about...

The whole idea that they were unanswered and you were sitting quietly in a corner afraid to speak is simply untrue. Nobody was silenced.

True I remember about a billion threads begun with "Liberals are..." as well, but pretending the other side of the coin doesn't exist? Come on.

I never claimed to be silenced... All I am saying is that they called me names like traiter and unamerican.

Hell Dixie and Toby would likely still admit to it!

"9-11-01 till about January of 2005 it was treasomous (sic) to point out any mistake a Republican ever made..."

And I cry Bull on this statement...

This was total rubbish, people consistently were pointing out R mistakes with no cries of "treason"...

Now, I know some people called you guys that, but it has never been mainstream enough to have any bite whatsoever.

"9-11-01 till about January of 2005 it was treasomous (sic) to point out any mistake a Republican ever made..."

This was total rubbish, people consistently were pointing out R mistakes with no cries of "treason"...

Now, I know some people called you guys that, but it has never been mainstream enough to have any bite whatsoever.

Damo, the vice president and the administration minons spent most of this summer's "Terror Tour" telling people that Democrats were emboldening the enemy, and that Democrats want to pamper detainees more than they want to protect america.

Turn on O'Reilly any night of the week, and your sure to see him rant about how "the left" wants america to lose.

Apparently those on the other side of the fence differ to agree with you Damo.
I very clearly remember, on the net, in the local grocery hangout, by congressmen even (not me personally on that one though).
To say otherwise is a form of denial.

Damo, the vice president and the administration minons spent most of this summer's "Terror Tour" telling people that Democrats were emboldening the enemy, and that Democrats want to pamper detainees more than they want to protect america.

Turn on O'Reilly any night of the week, and your sure to see him rant about how "the left" wants america to lose.
Truly, however nobody is in prison and if you turn on Olbermann or other MSM channels like that you are sure to hear somebody on the other side saying that Bush "lied" us into war, etc....

This is such total crap. Pretending like there isn't an exact and equal opposite to your whining is disingenuous in the extreme! It won't take me more than three clicks to find a thread on here calling some conservative names...

Apparently those on the other side of the fence differ to agree with you Damo.
I very clearly remember, on the net, in the local grocery hangout, by congressmen even (not me personally on that one though).
To say otherwise is a form of denial.
Once again, I didn't say that they didn't call you names, only that there was no real bite to it. It is pretense to say that this silenced your side at all. It has been constant, I have read it, I remember it, and it was equally filled with name-calling, most of the time the same names.

Once again, I didn't say that they didn't call you names, only that there was no real bite to it. It is pretense to say that this silenced your side at all. It has been constant, I have read it, I remember it, and it was equally filled with name-calling, most of the time the same names.

I agree there was no bite to it, but they sure tried!

Truly, however nobody is in prison and if you turn on Olbermann or other MSM channels like that you are sure to hear somebody on the other side saying that Bush "lied" us into war, etc....

This is such total crap. Pretending like there isn't an exact and equal opposite to your whining is disingenuous in the extreme! It won't take me more than three clicks to find a thread on here calling some conservative names...

The problem with what you say here is that the notion that "Pretending like there isn't an exact and equal opposite" constitutes a free press is like claiming that there are only two sides to every issue. In addition it also implies that the administration is compltely controlling the dialogue by admitting that the oppositional voicves are only responding to the administrations pronouncements. The problem is that for every Olbermann and there is only one after all, there are twenty other MSM outlets that are saying and spinning the administrations lies and pronouncements without any questioning whatsoever. And saying that blogs have somehow leveled the playing field is not a solution to the problem. Sure, there are thousands of blogs out there, several people on this board have their own blogs, but who knows what they are saying or what ones to go to for relevant information on any given day. We are in a situation where there is too much information to ever digest it all in one small area of the media and only one set of voices in much of the other segments of the media. In essense like Bush's tax structure there are two parallel structures in the modern media, one that most people have access to, and another that a select few have access to.

The problem with what you say here is that the notion that "Pretending like there isn't an exact and equal opposite" constitutes a free press is like claiming that there are only two sides to every issue. In addition it also implies that the administration is compltely controlling the dialogue by admitting that the oppositional voicves are only responding to the administrations pronouncements. The problem is that for every Olbermann and there is only one after all, there are twenty other MSM outlets that are saying and spinning the administrations lies and pronouncements without any questioning whatsoever. And saying that blogs have somehow leveled the playing field is not a solution to the problem. Sure, there are thousands of blogs out there, several people on this board have their own blogs, but who knows what they are saying or what ones to go to for relevant information on any given day. We are in a situation where there is too much information to ever digest it all in one small area of the media and only one set of voices in much of the other segments of the media. In essense like Bush's tax structure there are two parallel structures in the modern media, one that most people have access to, and another that a select few have access to.
We are not talking about free press in this thread. Keep up.

Time for me to go home... I'll see ya later.

Prakosh, check your PM. I'll keep trying to figure out what is happening to make the site so slow for you. Hopefully I can give you an answer soonly.

Back