Store chain requiring ID - racist?

Then why are the specific words "right to vote" mentioned five times in the constitution? More than ANY other right, I might add.

I mean hell....If we're going to play that game...where is the constitutional right to carry more than a flintlock musket?...it doesn't give you the Constitutional right to upgrade your arms from the days of the Revolution.

Where is your constitutional right to post your opinion on a message board?
Why aren't you printing out your comments, on your printing press, and just posting them down at the city square?

Yeah it does. Article 1, section 8. Among the powers of Congress is the ability to issues Letter of Marque. Pretty much means we have the right to own a fully functional battle ship.

Well...if you can swing a letter of Marque from Congress....go for it.

So you decided to just resort to your collection of "Hermanisms", rather they formulate an intelligent response to what was asked of you.

Your ASSumption stems from the presumption that your inane attempt at another "gotcha moment" deserved an intelligent response.

In other words, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Don't blame SP for your stupidity.

Then why are the specific words "right to vote" mentioned five times in the constitution? More than ANY other right, I might add.

I mean hell....If we're going to play that game...where is the constitutional right to carry more than a flintlock musket?...it doesn't give you the Constitutional right to upgrade your arms from the days of the Revolution.
thank you for showing the board that you have no concept of how rights and the constitution work.

The whole ID thingy is bullshit.

There is NO voter fraud to end.

study after study shows no fucking voters trying to vote twice or dead or whatever the current republican lie is.

Ask yourselves WHY the right is all of the sudden all hip on the idea of spending tax dollars on something we don't need?

How do those studies know without proof of ID?

The voter ID bus is moving down the tracks libbies. Your ability to cheat is dwindling.

There is a movement afoot and libs don't see it coming. They are still concentrating power in DC but real conservative change is happening where it counts.

The right to keep and bear arms is absolute, yet liberals constantly try to keep law-abiding citizens from exercising it by requiring waiting periods, ID, background checks, etc.

But ask someone to prove their identity at a polling place and it's race war.

The right to keep and bear arms is absolute, yet liberals constantly try to keep law-abiding citizens from exercising it by requiring waiting periods, ID, background checks, etc.

But ask someone to prove their identity at a polling place and it's race war.

The right to keep and bear arms stops when assholes sell weapons to criminals and madmen via private sales to circumvent background checks....allowing firearms to get into the hands of gangs and madmen.

How do we know criminals and madmen aren't getting weapons without universal background checks?

Are you claiming that universal background checks prevent criminals and madmen from getting weapons?

Is requiring ID before allowing citizens to exercise a right inherently racist, as many seem to think?

Are you claiming that universal background checks prevent criminals and madmen from getting weapons?

Is requiring ID before allowing citizens to exercise a right inherently racist, as many seem to think?

Are you claiming that requiring an ID before you cast a vote will prevent unscrupulous people to vote illegally?

I guarantee you that there's much more evidence of illegal weapons than there is voter fraud.

If you look back into this thread....I never made the claim of racism....it's not discrimination against people of color....it's about making things more difficult for poor folk to exercise their civic duty to cast a vote....the fact that most poor people are people of color is incidental.

Are you claiming that requiring an ID before you cast a vote will prevent unscrupulous people to vote illegally?

The possibility exists.

Just as requiring ID to board a commercial flight establishes identity, and nobody seems to think that's racist, do they?

I guarantee you that there's much more evidence of illegal weapons than there is voter fraud.

So?

If you look back into this thread....I never made the claim of racism....

Do you take issue with those who claim voter ID laws are inherently racist?

it's not discrimination against people of color....it's about making things more difficult for poor folk to exercise their civic duty to cast a vote....

Aren't the voter ID laws requiring states to provide ID free of charge?

Requiring me to leave my premises to cast a vote makes exercising my civic duty more difficult.

Am I being unfairly singled out because I want to vote in my own home?

the fact that most poor people are people of color is incidental.

Are most poor people "people of color"?

The possibility exists.

Just as requiring ID to board a commercial flight establishes identity, and nobody seems to think that's racist, do they?

So?

Do you take issue with those who claim voter ID laws are inherently racist?

Aren't the voter ID laws requiring states to provide ID free of charge?

Requiring me to leave my premises to cast a vote makes exercising my civic duty more difficult.

Am I being unfairly singled out because I want to vote in my own home?

Are most poor people "people of color"?

Ok....at least with me....get off the racist shit.....I refuse to answer anymore on that, because I've already stated my opinion.

AS I HAVE ALREADY STATED IN THIS THREAD...AT LEAST TWICE....

I have no problem with voter ID....as long as it's free and EASILY accessible. In other words....you don't enact a voter ID law, tie it to the DMV and then Close down the DMV Offices in the poorest parts of your state, like Wisconsin tried(or accomplished)to do.

People should be able to walk into any public building....Courthouses, Welfare Offices, Public Libraries, Etc...and be able to obtain the necessary ID.

If you look at percentages? Yes. Poverty hits minorities the hardest. As far as sheer numbers? Probably not.....because whites make up what, 75% of the country?

Ok....at least with me....get off the racist shit.....I refuse to answer anymore on that, because I've already stated my opinion. AS I HAVE ALREADY STATED IN THIS THREAD...AT LEAST TWICE....I have no problem with voter ID....as long as it's free and EASILY accessible. In other words....you don't enact a voter ID law, tie it to the DMV and then Close down the DMV Offices in the poorest parts of your state, like Wisconsin tried(or accomplished)to do. People should be able to walk into any public building....Courthouses, Welfare Offices, Public Libraries, Etc...and be able to obtain the necessary ID. If you look at percentages? Yes. Poverty hits minorities the hardest. As far as sheer numbers? Probably not.....because whites make up what, 75% of the country?

Nice to see we agree.

Do you consider Hispanics and other races to be "minorities" for statistical purposes?

Back