Store chain requiring ID - racist?

Guess you can't read.

How's that?

There's no problem with voter ID as long as it's free and easily accessible. As far as I know, people can obtain the necessary ID.

Now, do you consider Hispanics and other races to be "minorities" for statistical purposes?

How's that?

There's no problem with voter ID as long as it's free and easily accessible. As far as I know, people can obtain the necessary ID.

Now, do you consider Hispanics and other races to be "minorities" for statistical purposes?

That's the part I was referring to.

Do you consider Hispanics and other races to be "minorities" for statistical purposes?

You can keep on repeating the question all you want....I said that I don't believe voter ID laws are based on race as much as it is based on socioeconomics, and I said I am not talking about race anymore.

Now....unless you want to take this discussion onto a different track....I'm done responding to you.

I beg to differ.....it's kind of the same thing as yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theater. It's an abuse of that right when you have people selling to felons and mentally insane people, who cannot legally own a gun.

Nowhere NEAR the same thing.

You can keep on repeating the question all you want....I said that I don't believe voter ID laws are based on race as much as it is based on socioeconomics, and I said I am not talking about race anymore.

Yet you posted this:

Poverty hits minorities the hardest. As far as sheer numbers? Probably not.....because whites make up what, 75% of the country?

Now, why won't you answer my question that attempts to clarify the statement you made?

Nowhere NEAR the same thing.

I think the Libertarian phrase for it "is your rights end where someone else's begins".

Gangs are equipped somehow. Madmen get their weapons somehow. If voter ID is so important to you when there is very little evidence of voter fraud....then the same can be said for background checks.

Now, I've conceded that these checks need to be free and.easily accessible, same as I feel about voter ID's. Furthermore, if we could guarantee that gangs and madmen weren't going to get them...I'd be cool with getting rid of the automatic weapons ban.

I think the Libertarian phrase for it "is your rights end where someone else's begins".

Gangs are equipped somehow. Madmen get their weapons somehow. If voter ID is so important to you when there is very little evidence of voter fraud....then the same can be said for background checks.
Yeah, most are stolen, and more bought by family members/friends (straw purchases aren't stopped by background checks).

Now, I've conceded that these checks need to be free and easily accessible, same as I feel about voter ID's. Furthermore, if we could guarantee that gangs and madmen weren't going to get them...I'd be cool with getting rid of the automatic weapons ban.

It's a good thing that said ban doesn't exist then...

Yeah, most are stolen, and more bought by family members/friends (straw purchases aren't stopped by background checks).

It's a good thing that said ban doesn't exist then...

Most are stolen? Got actual data to back that up?

Really? You can legally own automatic weapons....or should I say, an.average Joe who doesn't have some kind of special collector's license?

Most are stolen? Got actual data to back that up?

Really? You can legally own automatic weapons....or should I say, an.average Joe who doesn't have some kind of special collector's license?

Yes, you can.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=360465951

Of course the ATF closed the registry (illegally) so it's something only the RICH can afford, but if you have the money you can do it. Same general classification as silencers, sawwed off shotguns, explosives (sort of).

As for the data, gimmie a bit. I posted it here before recently, but that's still a lot to search through. I posted it for you in fact.

Have you got actual data that proves the reverse?

Among State inmates possessing a gun, fewer than 2% bought their firearm at a flea market or gun show, about 12% from a retail
store or pawnshop, and 80% from family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source.

http://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fuo.pdf

Why, yes I do....about 10-15% are actually stolen.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/procon/guns.html

Well...that's why universal checks are appropriate....

It's a bit of a read (still trying to find the condensed version) but here it is....

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=18319&page=R7

I'll read it later...I am lying down right now...I gotta work tonight...so.I need to grab a few hours of sleep.

EDIT: tried to read last night on my breaks....127 pages of an uncorrected study is:

A. Too much to read to make your point.

B. Uncorrected? What does that mean?

Last edited:
Back