Suck It Topper

I think our defense stacks up well against their offense. I think special teams are excellent on both sides.

Where we will do well is the serious change of tempo from what Florida is used to playing. Florida has done well against people who try and 'run & gun' to get big plays and quick scores. Because thats what Florida does well. What Bama does is grind it out and punch yards out the hard way. To stop that you have to rush more people. That leaves receivers open. The offensive line we have will get the holes for first downs. Rotate our running backs to keep them fresh and wear down their defense. Once they are tired, we score more. Our defense has pressured everybody just rushing 3. That leaves more coverage.

Also, Javier Arenas is one of the best kick returners playing college ball.

I think our defense stacks up well against their offense. I think special teams are excellent on both sides.

Where we will do well is the serious change of tempo from what Florida is used to playing. Florida has done well against people who try and 'run & gun' to get big plays and quick scores. Because thats what Florida does well. What Bama does is grind it out and punch yards out the hard way. To stop that you have to rush more people. That leaves receivers open. The offensive line we have will get the holes for first downs. Rotate our running backs to keep them fresh and wear down their defense. Once they are tired, we score more. Our defense has pressured everybody just rushing 3. That leaves more coverage.

Sorry dude...I've seen Bama play this year. I think Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and USC are all better teams who have played tougher schedules (excepting USC). I think the top ten teams that match up best against Bama are the two Big 10 teams, with a slight edge to Penn State and a slight edge to Bama vs Ohio State. Bama just doesn't have the offensive fire power as the other 5 teams mentioned and though their defense matches well against Oklahoma, Texas and T.Tech, there not as good defensively as Florida and USC.

Bama is fortunate this year. They'll get the chance to prove their number 1. USC and Oklahoma get screwed and won't get that chance.

There's some good things and bad things to say about the BCS and this is one of the bad things. We need a real championship in college football.

The present system makes the regular season very interesting but it's still an asinine way to determine a champion.

Sorry dude...I've seen Bama play this year. I think Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and USC are all better teams who have played tougher schedules (excepting USC). I think the top ten teams that match up best against Bama are the two Big 10 teams, with a slight edge to Penn State and a slight edge to Bama vs Ohio State. Bama just doesn't have the offensive fire power as the other 5 teams mentioned and though their defense matches well against Oklahoma, Texas and T.Tech, there not as good defensively as Florida and USC.

Bama is fortunate this year. They'll get the chance to prove their number 1. USC and Oklahoma get screwed and won't get that chance.

There's some good things and bad things to say about the BCS and this is one of the bad things. We need a real championship in college football.

The present system makes the regular season very interesting but it's still an asinine way to determine a champion.

Without a playoff for the NC, its a joke.

I expected Bama to do better this year, but I never expected them to be #1 for the last 3 or 4 weeks of the season and one of the very few undefeated teams. Its been a great ride so far. I think we can go the distance and surprise a few more people.

I have to eat my words here a bit. I had it backwards. Bama does stack up well against Florida defensively, you don't match up as well offensively nor have you played as tough a Schedule as Florida.

I still go by my original statement, right now Florida and USC are the best two teams in the country. Texas and Oklahoma are offensive powerhouses but aren't in the same league as Florida or USC (or Bama for that matter) on defense.

Without a playoff for the NC, its a joke.

I expected Bama to do better this year, but I never expected them to be #1 for the last 3 or 4 weeks of the season and one of the very few undefeated teams. Its been a great ride so far. I think we can go the distance and surprise a few more people.

Best of luck to you. I know how you feel. Last year came as a surprise to Buckeye fans. We thought this year would be the year. Tressel is taking a lot of heat over Pryor. His disloyalty to Todd Boekman was devastating to the moral of seniors. The seniors who passed up the pros to come back for their senior year were just livid about Tressels promoting Pryor over Boekman and I don't blame them. It appears Tressel blew of a shot this year at the championship to nab Pryor. Personally I think it was a very bad decision on Tressel's part.

I have to eat my words here a bit. I had it backwards. Bama does stack up well against Florida defensively, you don't match up as well offensively nor have you played as tough a Schedule as Florida.

I still go by my original statement, right now Florida and USC are the best two teams in the country. Texas and Oklahoma are offensive powerhouses but aren't in the same league as Florida or USC (or Bama for that matter) on defense.

The idea that we haven't played as tough a schedule is a little misleading. The only teams Florida played that we didn't were Vandy, Miami, Hawaii, Citadel and South Carolina. Only one of those teams are ranked. And that Miami, who is certainly not impressive this year.

Now Florida has score far more in their victories. But I don't have much use for "style points". The difference is as much a testiment to their style of offense as it is to their skill. And I always wonder about leaving the starters and stars in the game when you are 20 or 30 points ahead. Look at the times that an injury has cost a player the season, when they didn't need to bein there.

I am looking forward to seeing us play FL.

Best of luck to you. I know how you feel. Last year came as a surprise to Buckeye fans. We thought this year would be the year. Tressel is taking a lot of heat over Pryor. His disloyalty to Todd Boekman was devastating to the moral of seniors. The seniors who passed up the pros to come back for their senior year were just livid about Tressels promoting Pryor over Boekman and I don't blame them. It appears Tressel blew of a shot this year at the championship to nab Pryor. Personally I think it was a very bad decision on Tressel's part.

Yeah, that was a screw up on Tressel's part. That was a raw deal for the guy who worked for the team.

The idea that we haven't played as tough a schedule is a little misleading. The only teams Florida played that we didn't were Vandy, Miami, Hawaii, Citadel and South Carolina. Only one of those teams are ranked. And that Miami, who is certainly not impressive this year.

Now Florida has score far more in their victories. But I don't have much use for "style points". The difference is as much a testiment to their style of offense as it is to their skill. And I always wonder about leaving the starters and stars in the game when you are 20 or 30 points ahead. Look at the times that an injury has cost a player the season, when they didn't need to bein there.

I am looking forward to seeing us play FL.

No it's not misleading. Only two of the teams Florida and Alabama will have played will be ranked at the end of the season but only 3 of the teams Bama has played have winning records in conference play while Florida has played 6 teams with winning records in conference play. So Florida's schedule has been significantly harder than Bama's. Of the teams in the top 10 (BCS) only Utah and Boise St have had a less difficult schedules than Bama. Still, Bama is the only major conference team that is undefeated. Less difficult schedule or not, they deserve to be where they are.

The less difficult schedule is sometimes tough to factor. Teams will get seriously fired up to play one team and be flat for another.

But I think if Bama can control the game and slow it down, we have a good chance of winning. I am looking forward to it anyway.

The less difficult schedule is sometimes tough to factor. Teams will get seriously fired up to play one team and be flat for another.

But I think if Bama can control the game and slow it down, we have a good chance of winning. I am looking forward to it anyway.

I don't blame you. You're a Bama fan and they've had a great year. I'm still putting my money on Florida.

Bama is over rated like the Buckeyes were last year. Right now it's pretty obvious that Florida and USC are the best two teams in the nation. Realistically, for Bama after they lose the SEC championship game they will probably play whomever get's screwed in the Big 12 South lottery in the Sugar Bowl.

This years another example of why it would be nice to have some sort of post season play-off as the two best teams are probably Florida and USC and there's practically zero chance of USC playing in the Championship game.

Though it would be interesting if the whomever is choosen to represent the Big 12 South would lose to Missou as it opens the possibility that one of the Big 12 South teams (Oklahoma or Texas?) or USC could play in the BCS Championship game and I think that would be the first time that a non-conference champion would play for the national title.

I agree with the need for a playoff... but I disagree with your assesment on who the best teams are in the country. Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech are all capable of winning the national title against Bama, USC or Florida.... especially USC....

The bowl games will be...

Title game.... Bama vs. Oklahoma

Orange... Boston College vs. Cinci

Rose... USC vs. Penn State

Sugar... Florida vs. Ohio State (should be boise state as Ohio state sucks... but somehow Boise State will get screwed)

Fiesta.... Texas vs. Utah

Texas Tech will get screwed by the "no three teams from one conference" rule... which is kind of bullshit as it should be the best ten teams available.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to see a playoff system.

Lets see who is the national champ on the field.

THE sec champion will be the National Champion yet again.
It's great to be the florida gators

Nope... it will be TX or OK over Bama in the title game.

Neither TX nor OK have anything that will stand against our defense.

And we can grind out points against any defense. The best they could hope for is to slow us down for a quarter.

Neither TX nor OK have anything that will stand against our defense.

And we can grind out points against any defense. The best they could hope for is to slow us down for a quarter.

LOL.... both QBs for TX and OK are in the top ten in passing yards per game and they are the top two in passing efficiency.

OK is the number one scoring team in the nation
TX is sixth

Bama has a great D and does not give up many points (they are one of the best in the country).... but they haven't yet faced an offense like OK and TX have. Though they will in the SEC title game.

My prediction is that they win a squeaker over FL. Then lose one to OK or TX.

The question I have is what will Bama's Offense do?

Back