Suck It Topper

Not much, if the past is any indicator.

Our defense and special teams play better offense than our offense.

Not much, if the past is any indicator.

Our defense and special teams play better offense than our offense.

So its essentially strength against strength. Bamas defense against one of the top offenses in the country. TX has the 21st ranked scoring defense, so Bama's Offense will face a stiff challenge there as well. OK is down at 60, so likely the easier matchup. But both have to get by teams that can certainly beat them.... OK by Mizzou and Bama by the gators

I'm curious to see what our defense can do to Florida's offense.

We shut out Auburn on Saturday.

That should give you a good idea of what it will be like against OK and TX, because FL is also a top ten scoring offense. You cannot afford mistakes against their defense... which is why having efficiency from your QB is vital to hanging with them.

Just put your biggest/fastest stud LB and assign him Tebow... nothing but Tebow.

I think our offense can score on either TX or OK. They will grind it out getting 1st down after 1st down. The opposing defense won't be able to stop us completely. Our line will dominate and we will move the chains repeatedly. By halftime the defense will be ready for a stretcher.

Our defense will hold up well against either of them. Thus far this season we have managed to put pressure on everyone with a 3 man rush. That leaves a lot of men out to defend against the pass.

We have the #2 rush defense, the #5 passing defense and the #3 scoring defense. I think we can manage.

Also, we have one of the lowest penalty rates among the top teams.

Its just that Bama doesn't have lots of flash. Its old fashioned smashmouth football.

I think our offense can score on either TX or OK. They will grind it out getting 1st down after 1st down. The opposing defense won't be able to stop us completely. Our line will dominate and we will move the chains repeatedly. By halftime the defense will be ready for a stretcher.

Our defense will hold up well against either of them. Thus far this season we have managed to put pressure on everyone with a 3 man rush. That leaves a lot of men out to defend against the pass.

We have the #2 rush defense, the #5 passing defense and the #3 scoring defense. I think we can manage.

Also, we have one of the lowest penalty rates among the top teams.

Its just that Bama doesn't have lots of flash. Its old fashioned smashmouth football.

We'll see how you do against Florida, because thus far, as I stated... Bama has not faced an offense the likes of OK or TX.

OK number three in total offense, number one in scoring offense
TX number nine in total offense, number six in scoring offense.

That said, I know Bama is old school smash mouth and neither OK or TX have faced a defense like Bamas. So as I stated, it will come down to strength against strength.

That should give you a good idea of what it will be like against OK and TX, because FL is also a top ten scoring offense. You cannot afford mistakes against their defense... which is why having efficiency from your QB is vital to hanging with them.

Just put your biggest/fastest stud LB and assign him Tebow... nothing but Tebow.

Or one stud LB and our noseguard Mt Cody. 6'5", 365 lbs and can slamdunk a basketball. Unless you triple team him, he is getting thru.

Or one stud LB and our noseguard Mt Cody. 6'5", 365 lbs and can slamdunk a basketball. Unless you triple team him, he is getting thru.

while your d-line will obviously help, their job is to take on the o-line and keep them off the backers while putting as much pressure on the backfield as they can. Your 'spy' is typically going to be a backer.

while your d-line will obviously help, their job is to take on the o-line and keep them off the backers while putting as much pressure on the backfield as they can. Your 'spy' is typically going to be a backer.

The biggest asset to Cody is that it takes 3 blockers to keep him out of the backfield. Unless you put more blockers up than usual, that leaves a big hole for a LB.

I know bama has speed on D, if you can bust up harvin and co. you may actually beat the gators.

I know bama has speed on D, if you can bust up harvin and co. you may actually beat the gators.

Didn't harvin hurt his ankle in the game saturday?
I know two of their defensive players are out.

The biggest asset to Cody is that it takes 3 blockers to keep him out of the backfield. Unless you put more blockers up than usual, that leaves a big hole for a LB.

OK has one of the best offensive lines in the country. Again, Bama has not faced an offense like OK this year. Obviously we can go round and round on this, so we'll leave it at a difference in opinions and wait and see how this weekends games play out. I would like to see a double Big Twelve vs. SEC matchup, but somehow I doubt that happens. They are by far the best two conferences this year.

What you would really like to see is Florida, OK, or Texas try and go against the USC defense.

You play a high school conference.

Look at our record against the SEC this decade. 4-0. 2-0 against Auburn including beating them in Auburn when they were ranked #1 and 2-0 against Arkansas including crushing them when they won their division in the SEC. You all cannot compete against the Trojans.

Defense has given up 7 touchdowns in 11 games this year. Please find someone that comes close to matching that.

given that they are the number one scoring defense in the country, I doubt anyone can. That said, they play in one of the most pathetic conferences in the country. Even as pathetic as the big 10 was this year, they were better than the pac 10. Hell, the mountain west provided more competitive teams than the pac 10.

I look forward to watching Joe Pa whip some trojan ass in the Rose bowl. Provided the trojans can hold it together against another weak opponent in UCLA.

Look at our record against the SEC this decade. 4-0. 2-0 against Auburn including beating them in Auburn when they were ranked #1 and 2-0 against Arkansas including crushing them when they won their division in the SEC. You all cannot compete against the Trojans.

Meaningless.... in college ball, all that matters is what you did THIS year. Your out of conference was what this year? A sad Ohio State team and a really sad Notre Dame?

Back